ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 238 of 335
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:05 PM 06-19-2016
Liam Cunningham's acting was one of the high points of an incredibly short lived British Sci-Fi show that I think would have worked with tweaking.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:05 PM 06-19-2016
Makes sense Discuss. I can see that but she still should have told Jon that she is trying to get help from her (not their) cousin in the Vale.
[Reply]
DrRyan 11:08 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Whoever directed that episode deserves an award. Both battle scenes - Mereen and Winterfell - were done just absolutely perfectly and beautifully. Best cinematography I've seen on that show yet.

And I've got to say, that went far better than I imagined. I figured they would all end up captured and flayed as they were forced to watch Ramsay rape Sansa over and over.
Same guy that directed Hardhome last season. He is also directing next weeks episode.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:10 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Makes sense Discuss. I can see that but she still should have told Jon that she is trying to get help from her (not their) cousin in the Vale.
Like I said, in black and white thinking: if she believed that LF was going to come through at the time she was talking with Jon about the battle plan, then yes -she got people needlessly killed. If she had any reasonable doubt that it wasn't going to happen then she's justified in keeping quiet. From that perspective it goes down two ways backing up why she stays quiet: 1) He shows up with the Army of the Vale, they wreck shit and Winterfell is reclaimed by the Starks but with political ramifications, or 2) Baelish doesn't come through but Jon / Davos structure their battle plan on their arrival at a certain time (since you'd assume that she'd have any idea of when they'd arrive given her communications with LF) but ultimately does not, creating an even bigger tactical failure.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:11 PM 06-19-2016
re: political ramifications:

I'm calling my shot: if the Lady Bear Mormont is to have any more of a presence -on screen or otherwise- it'll be because she helps seal an alliance with the Vale by being promised to Robyn Arryn.
[Reply]
Sorter 11:29 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah, but someone had to die heroically. It was him. Rickon died tragically and if there is such a thing, Ramsey died triumphantly suffering by his own beasts.

Best GOT episode ever on so many levels. The Starks finally get some revenge. The battles, direction, acting, pacing, cinematography, all the good people didn't die. Finally it all came together. :-)
I respectfully disagree.

The music alone made Hardhome better. I know that the majority of my posts here come off as a bitter book reader but this episode should have just been a full episode of the "Battle of Ice".

IMO, a lot more tension would be produced if they did their version of the "Battle of Fire" with Asha or Euron coming to help Meereen at their darkest hour in the first episode of the next season. Granted, I don't know what kind of limitations D&D are under, how much influence they receive from people paying them, etc.

I know GRRM made his comment about the show now being fan-fiction but this was the first episode where that seemed apparent.

I know the show is different and there are aspects I love for that (Arya and Tywin, revising the Oberyn/Tyrion meetings) but fuck, there are some parts in each episode this season that are just stupid.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:52 PM 06-19-2016

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:52 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
1) Northern Alliance getting whooped was predictable as ****.

2) So was Baelish's arrival, but that didn't mean it wasn't awesome as ****.

3) Sansa skirted the boarder of directly getting her countrymen killed because of failing to disclose her alliance with Littlefinger if she believed 100% that the Vale's army would come through if she so requested. As I type this I get now her actions in not telling Jon that they had backup is justified if she didn't trust Baelish to keep his word...

4) Sansa's advice was technically sound: what did Ramsay want most for Jon to do (Rickon's death aside)? He would want to restrict the movement of the opposing force and negate any advantage that force would have by virtue of having inferior numbers. Also, if someone is truly the most evil psychopathic person in the world, how might they use that to their advantage if they truly cared nothing for the men under his command? The dude set a trap and Jon fell for it. Terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE tactics.

5) Unethical and immoral actions are huge tactical advantages. Indiscriminately firing on friend and foe alike? Gamechanger.

6) I dislike the Mereen plotline, but Dany and her dragons ****ing up the slave masters while Daario and his culturally appropriated Dothraki horde slaughtering the Sons of the Harpy was justice in corporeal form. Well done guys.

7) Tyrion doing Tyrion things. Yiss.

8) SERPENTINE RICKON. SERPENTINE.

9) I hope the Onion Knight ****ing bodies Melissandre for having Shireen immolated.

10) Wun-wun... :-) :-) :-)
Sums it up. Everyone knew the Vale would arrive just as they did but was still epic to watch.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:54 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
re: political ramifications:

I'm calling my shot: if the Lady Bear Mormont is to have any more of a presence -on screen or otherwise- it'll be because she helps seal an alliance with the Vale by being promised to Robyn Arryn.
As long as she tells that sniveling pip to :-) I'm all for it.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:56 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Sums it up. Everyone knew the Vale would arrive just as they did but was still epic to watch.
I did a one clap and shouted "YES" even though I was alone in my apartment.

Ramsay was just that much of a bastard in the metaphorical sense.
[Reply]
wazu 12:08 AM 06-20-2016
Might be my favorite episode ever. And yes, it was largely due to the happy ending, but this series is running out of good guys. It was great to see them win for once. And because it's GoT, I kept thinking it was hopeless until the end.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:41 AM 06-20-2016
I teared up a little when the Stark banner unfurled at Winterfell.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:16 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by Smellway:
I teared up a little when the Stark banner unfurled at Winterfell.
Yeah...that was a moment.

As Discuss said, we all knew the Valentines army was coming, but God damn that was a well done episode. I've pretty much assumed that Jon is surviving the rest of the series, but that moment after Rickon died, and Jon was alone on the battlefield with Bolton's army charging...my gosh, man...for a split second I thought to myself, "They're really going to kill his character again."

That was fun.

It was satisfying to see Ramsey get what he had coming to him, but I'm going to miss his character.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:18 AM 06-20-2016
Why would Sansa not tell Snow about a potential entire army option that was one day away ...they were sitting around talking strategy the night before. Retarded...

The writing hasn't been on point this entire season...pretty stupid, actually, compared to the past. Finding dragon mother's ring in a gigantic field? Give me a break...believable if I were 13 or my intelligence was compromised by generic, daytime soap opera narratives.

GOT has no script anymore..and it showing pretty hard. I would rather they take two years off and complete this series proper...
[Reply]
Bowser 01:34 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by Swanman:
I think that was Umber that was fighting Tormund near the end.
Yes, this is correct. Both Karstark and Umber were there at the beginning as they showed Ramsay with his lieutenants. Don't know what happened to Karstark after the mayhem, though.
[Reply]
Page 238 of 335
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288 > Last »
Up