View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 238 of 343
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288338 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:47 PM 11-15-2022
Already said this earlier, but just to be needlessly repetitive, Veach is signing OBJ. No idea what the numbers will be, but top 6 is my off-the-cuff guess. Just based on how Veach has handled the CJ contract and one other i can't put my finger on right now.

Just hope he continues to improve, because i think we're going to be married to him for a while.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:47 PM 11-15-2022
Chiefs are going to pay him unless he completely regresses and turns to shit. Might as well get used to the idea.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:54 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, that's not going to happen..

We'll see, because I'll play him on the tag. I do not trust him, if he's going to be a very average passblocker which are peaks and valleys. It'll be a mistake to pay considering his bad games which are horrific could get Mahomes killed or running for his life.
[Reply]
O.city 01:55 PM 11-15-2022
Elite pass rushers like Nick Bosa and whoever are better than the best tackles in the game and said tackles usually require help.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:56 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Elite pass rushers like Nick Bosa and whoever are better than the best tackles in the game and said tackles usually require help.
And we face them twice a year.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:57 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Chiefs are going to pay him unless he completely regresses and turns to shit. Might as well get used to the idea.
:-) based on what?
[Reply]
RunKC 01:58 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
There aren’t any available for us.
[Reply]
O.city 02:04 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
There aren’t any available for us.
There aren't gonna be any LT's easily attainable that will be at OBJ's level and we need to work on the DL.

I just don't see them not paying him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:05 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
We'll see, because I'll play him on the tag. I do not trust him, if he's going to be a very average passblocker which are peaks and valleys. It'll be a mistake to pay considering his bad games which are horrific could get Mahomes killed or running for his life.
Highly unlikely he plays at all on a second tag. He would probably just sit out.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:06 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Let's just assume they're bringing him back (because I think they are). What's your number? Or is no number acceptable? If that's the case, I think you better prepare yourself for disappointment.
Bottom line is Mahomes seems to love the guy and wants him here. Since the game Pat challenged the line to play better they ALL have been pretty darn good. Smith seems to be over whatever was ailing him, Brown is rounding into form and Thuney and Creed were never a question. If he continues to play well they're going to pay him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:09 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Bottom line is Mahomes seems to love the guy and wants him here. Since the game Pat challenged the line to play better they ALL have been pretty darn good. Smith seems to be over whatever was ailing him, Brown is rounding into form and Thuney and Creed were never a question. If he continues to play well they're going to pay him.
Again. Based on WHAT? Even if he follows the current trajectory upwards, that's pretty much a carbon copy of how 2021 went. And after that season the Chiefs and Brown were approximately 7 million apart on AAV and nowhere close at all on guarantees or structure. There's been NOTHING so far to suggest that Veach would move off that now. And there's been nothing so far to suggest that Brown will be more reasonable in his contract demands, especially if he does finish the year strong.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:12 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Not disagreeing with any of this.

My take is this: it's all about Andy. If Andy likes how OBJ is progressing, as the season progresses OBJ will get less help in games. If OBJ does well in those situations, Andy will give his seal of approval and OB gets a contract.

Andy's the guy here. How he plays OBJ will probably tell us everything we need to know.

Oh, and if Andy uses the phrase, "He's playing well, " or, "He's doing a good job out there."

"Decent," usually means just 'acceptable' in Andy-speak.

hey, do we have an Andy Reid-speak dictionary?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:14 PM 11-15-2022
Hell, statistically he was much worse for a large stretch of this season than he ever was in 2021. And that season ended with the organization uncharacteristically taking public swipes at him and his agent for their unreasonable demands and behavior during the negotiations. So yeah, there's been fuck all so far that would correlate to the Chiefs and Brown hammering out a long term deal that would be anywhere near satisfactory to both parties, unless Brown has just decided to come down SIGNIFICANTLY in his asking price.
[Reply]
O.city 02:21 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Hell, statistically he was much worse for a large stretch of this season than he ever was in 2021. And that season ended with the organization uncharacteristically taking public swipes at him and his agent for their unreasonable demands and behavior during the negotiations. So yeah, there's been **** all so far that would correlate to the Chiefs and Brown hammering out a long term deal that would be anywhere near satisfactory to both parties, unless Brown has just decided to come down SIGNIFICANTLY in his asking price.
Be prepared to spend 2 1's to trade up for a LT then.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:22 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Already said this earlier, but just to be needlessly repetitive, Veach is signing OBJ. No idea what the numbers will be, but top 6 is my off-the-cuff guess. Just based on how Veach has handled the CJ contract and one other i can't put my finger on right now.

Just hope he continues to improve, because i think we're going to be married to him for a while.
He played really well on Sunday, regardless of how Chief Fan feels. I think you're absolutely correct that beach is going to pay him, but I imagine he still has a number and won't go past it. He jettisoned Reek and he'll do the same with Brown.

I don't know who would outbid us here, but I'd like to think he returns on a fair deal. He probably won't, but that's the way it goes.
[Reply]
Page 238 of 343
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288338 > Last »
Up