View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 237 of 343
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287337 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:47 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Reid and Thornhill were bad in run fits last night.

It happens.
Thornhill got his ass kicked in run support. He’s been pretty solid in coverage but he’s extremely soft as a run defender.

Which is probably why they drafted Bryan Cook
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:33 AM 11-15-2022
i don't even understand how orlando is suddenly good, but he is, and everyone is now fucked

Preliminary PFF grades are up for Chiefs-Titans. Worth noting Orlando Brown had 4th-highest grade on Chiefs offense and had 71.3 pass-block grade. His best two weeks this season, via PFF grades, have been the last two against SF and Tennessee.

— Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) November 7, 2022

[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:35 AM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
If they got one score right it's Thornhill who was liquid sh*t. After the Cards game I was super excited for him but imo he's been a massive disappointment. Big thing for me is his tackling is just awful.

He seems to have hung around too much with Honey Badger.
[Reply]
-King- 11:37 AM 11-15-2022
He's played well last two weeks. So is he one of those, suck ass for a quarter to half a season and then somehow figure it out kind of guys?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:38 AM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
He's played well last two weeks. So is he one of those, suck ass for a quarter to half a season and then somehow figure it out kind of guys?
last three weeks bro

i'm wondering if the massive weight loss and missing camp required an "adjustment" period
[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:39 AM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i don't even understand how orlando is suddenly good, but he is, and everyone is now ****ed

He did this last year. Slow start then got better.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:43 AM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i don't even understand how orlando is suddenly good, but he is, and everyone is now fucked

And even that seems unreasonably low.

PFF does this shit sometimes where they just bang on a guy week in, week out. I remember Chandler Jones with the Patriots way back when was CONSTANTLY being graded more harshly than Rob Ninkovich and it was just asinine. You start to see guys with those nebulous stats like 'pressures' getting charged against them because they're not something you can really dissect.

There's no way you can convince me that OBJ was just above starting caliber as a pass blocker last week. He absolutely shut Josh Allen down.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:45 AM 11-15-2022
Roller coaster of good and bad games.

So let's say he crushes it during the playoffs.

Should KC meet his demands to be paid as an elite LT long term?
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:51 AM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

If he crushes it in the playoffs I think you pay him.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:53 AM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And even that seems unreasonably low.

PFF does this shit sometimes where they just bang on a guy week in, week out. I remember Chandler Jones with the Patriots way back when was CONSTANTLY being graded more harshly than Rob Ninkovich and it was just asinine. You start to see guys with those nebulous stats like 'pressures' getting charged against them because they're not something you can really dissect.

There's no way you can convince me that OBJ was just above starting caliber as a pass blocker last week. He absolutely shut Josh Allen down.
PFF does this with Willie Gay, they just crush him for about 6 weeks then go "oh yeah, today he was elite". Obviously there's variance and inconsistency, and definitely with Gay, but the level they suggest is nuts.
[Reply]
TEX 01:17 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

No way in hell.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:18 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
If he crushes it in the playoffs I think you pay him.

Nope, he wants to be paid like he's Willie Roaf. He's too inconsistent for that especially if when he has really shitty pass protection against elite passrushers needing aid of chip blocks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:25 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Nope, he wants to be paid like he's Willie Roaf. He's too inconsistent for that especially if when he has really shitty pass protection against elite passrushers needing aid of chip blocks.
So what is your number then? How much is too much?

Because they're already paying him a one year deal worth the average of the top 5 tackles in the game.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:27 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So what is your number then? How much is too much?

Because they're already paying him a one year deal worth the average of the top 5 tackles in the game.
Tag him again, and trade him I don't trust his work ethic at all
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:40 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Tag him again, and trade him I don't trust his work ethic at all
Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Let's just assume they're bringing him back (because I think they are). What's your number? Or is no number acceptable? If that's the case, I think you better prepare yourself for disappointment.
[Reply]
Page 237 of 343
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287337 > Last »
Up