ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 235 of 300
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245285 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:42 AM 03-08-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Elmarko Jackson #25 Rivals, #20 247 Sports, #25 ESPN
Liam McNeeley #13 Rivals, #16 247 Sports, #11 ESPN

There are no guarantees he will be any good.
First of all, there's often a pretty big difference between a top 10ish recruit and #25 recruit. But yeah, we get it....not all of them are great as freshmen.

Elmarko Jackson was just overrated and I thought that before he ever stepped onto the court for KU. There was no one skill/trait that popped out and made you think "this guy's definitely going to have an impact right away." McNeeley, on the other hand, shoots over 50% from three. His defense might not be great, particularly early on, but great shooting usually translates.
[Reply]
RockChalk 06:07 AM 03-08-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
First of all, there's often a pretty big difference between a top 10ish recruit and #25 recruit. But yeah, we get it....not all of them are great as freshmen.

Elmarko Jackson was just overrated and I thought that before he ever stepped onto the court for KU. There was no one skill/trait that popped out and made you think "this guy's definitely going to have an impact right away." McNeeley, on the other hand, shoots over 50% from three. His defense might not be great, particularly early on, but great shooting usually translates.
And we DESPERATELY need some good (not even great) shooting.
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:31 PM 03-08-2024
Liam McNeeley, come on down.

Big day tomorrow. Ready for the tournament seeds to work themselves out so we know a schedule.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:44 PM 03-08-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Liam McNeeley, come on down.

Big day tomorrow. Ready for the tournament seeds to work themselves out so we know a schedule.
Houston is vulnerable right now. Still be huge upset but Ill be watching.
[Reply]
RockChalk 03:27 PM 03-08-2024
Houston is vulnerable right now. Still be huge upset but Ill be watching.
We have no chance, might as well not even show up - KC Connection
[Reply]
RockChalk 03:30 PM 03-08-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Taking bets on what ends up being more entertaining...
KU vs Houston

Fighting for chicken little supremacy by convincing another chicken little how much the team you follow sucks and how early they'll lose in the tournament.
If you are still a mod, can you please change KC Connection avatar to:

or

[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:17 PM 03-08-2024
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
We have no chance, might as well not even show up - KC Connection
Without McCullar, they don't. And he undeniably shouldn't be playing the game because it means nothing.

KU has a chance for a real run in the tournament, but they're only gonna do it if their best players are healthy.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:20 PM 03-08-2024
If only I wasn't the only guy around defending this team's ability to go on a deep run literally days ago in this thread after they got beaten by Baylor (in yet another meaningless game for them).
[Reply]
TEX 04:24 PM 03-08-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I wouldn't go that far. Depth is overrated in the dance. It's not like Houston's lost any worldbeaters. The best player they've lost averaged 5 ppg and played 18 min. I do think losing Tugler hurts their defense/rebounding a bit, but I don't think any of these losses are devastating. It's still going to be a really tough game for KU, and Houston will still be a tough out in the tourney.
It's all about quality depth with UH. They dont have any "world beaters" on the roster. The closest thing they have to that is Shed. They had a bunch of guys that had about the same amount of talent and when one went out the other came in and they didn't lose much. They could go 8 - 9 deep at one time, which really complimented their aggressive style. That was they're secret. And they could all play defense. Now they don't have that depth. If you've watched them all year, you can see that the team that have now severely lacks quality depth. It's 5 guys and then the talent really drops off. Thus, they're pretty vulnerable right now, especially to a team that has a solid inside game. They wont be as tough of an out as you think. They're still pretty good, but not anywhere near Final 4 good like they used to be. Just my opinion.
[Reply]
TEX 04:32 PM 03-08-2024

or

Or change his own name to Chicken Little Love Stalker.
[Reply]
TEX 04:35 PM 03-08-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Without McCullar, they don't. And he undeniably shouldn't be playing the game because it means nothing.

KU has a chance for a real run in the tournament, but they're only gonna do it if their best players are healthy.
They have more of a chance than you are giving them. You're spot on with your 2nd paragraph.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:15 PM 03-08-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
They have more of a chance than you are giving them. You're spot on with your 2nd paragraph.
If Kansas ever lost Bill Self, I'd go after Sampson. I don't care how old he is.
[Reply]
TEX 06:47 PM 03-08-2024
If Kansas ever lost Bill Self, I'd go after Sampson. I don't care how old he is.
Dude is one hell of a coach. I dont see him ever leaving UH. He's been in Houston for a long time now - since his days as the Rockets defensive coach. He's part of the community. Plus, he's got a recruiting hotbed, right in his own backyard.

On a side note, I'll see him tomorrow at the UH Alumni Senior Day Breakfast. He, and the senior class members of the team, and their families will be at the Alumni Center for breakfast. As well as many former UH basketball players. Dude is funny as hell if ya just shoot the shit with him. Not high - strung like he is on the court. But when the conversation shifts to basketball, he really knows his stuff.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:49 PM 03-08-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
Or change his own name to Chicken Little Love Stalker.
Nice to see you're finally accepting who you are as a sports fan.

As far as where I post, as strange as it may seem to you, most people actually post in threads because they're fans of the team.... you're actually the oddball here, posting in KU and Chiefs threads since you aren't a fan of either.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:59 PM 03-08-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Nice to see you're finally accepting who you are as a sports fan.

As far as where I post, as strange as it may seem to you, most people actually post in threads because they're fans of the team.... you're actually the oddball here, posting in KU and Chiefs threads since you aren't a fan of either.
:-)

You two always have such nice convos.
[Reply]
Page 235 of 300
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245285 > Last »
Up