ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 234 of 300
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:59 PM 03-06-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:
BYU giving it to ISU right now
Hard team to beat if the 3s are falling.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:29 PM 03-06-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Oh, I think KU could go quite far in the tournament with the right draw. Their starting lineup ranks up there with any other team's starting lineup in the country.

I just don't think they will beat Houston on the road, nor should they even give much of an effort to do so.
Houston’s a bit short handed and KU beat the hell out of them when they weren’t. Conceding is weak, especially when there are potential seeding implications.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:52 AM 03-07-2024
They should. Only way they get it is if Baylor also wins on the road at Texas Tech, which is also unlikely.

Assuming we lose on Saturday, we'll likely be the #6 seed with a potential opponent of KSU as the #11.
Dang, bro. When did you start having a loser mindset?
[Reply]
TEX 08:34 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Houston’s a bit short handed and KU beat the hell out of them when they weren’t. Conceding is weak, especially when there are potential seeding implications.
True about the beat down, but not really accurate about the state of UH then. UH was also short handed back then, only not as much as they are now. They were only down 2 players then. Now it's 3. The significance of the latest one is it made an already under sized team even more under sized. And KU can exploit that matchup big time with Dickinson. UH is in trouble and not much time to work through it all. That was the thing, when they lost the other two players, they had time to adjust. Now they're not afforded that luxury. So, I think KU has a good chance to beat them. Even if UH does win, as much as I hate to admit it, they simply don't have the horses now to get far in the Big 12 Tournament, much less the Dance.
[Reply]
TEX 09:26 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
True about the beat down, but not really accurate about the state of UH then. UH was also short handed back then, only not as much as they are now. They were only down 2 players then. Now it's 3. The significance of the latest one is it made an already under sized team even more under sized. And KU can exploit that matchup big time with Dickinson. UH is in trouble and not much time to work through it all. That was the thing, when they lost the other two players, they had time to adjust. Now they're not afforded that luxury. (But injuries are part of the game, and KU is dealing with it as well.) So, I think KU has a good chance to beat them. Even if UH does win, as much as I hate to admit it, they simply don't have the horses to get far in the Big 12 Tournament, much less the Dance.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:32 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Dang, bro. When did you start having a loser mindset?
When I watched this year's team struggle with a Mizzou team that is 0-17 in conference.

Only thing that matters to them at this point is the tournament (or at least that's what I keep telling myself).
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:53 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
True about the beat down, but not really accurate about the state of UH then. UH was also short handed back then, only not as much as they are now. They were only down 2 players then. Now it's 3. The significance of the latest one is it made an already under sized team even more under sized. And KU can exploit that matchup big time with Dickinson. UH is in trouble and not much time to work through it all. That was the thing, when they lost the other two players, they had time to adjust. Now they're not afforded that luxury. So, I think KU has a good chance to beat them. Even if UH does win, as much as I hate to admit it, they simply don't have the horses now to get far in the Big 12 Tournament, much less the Dance.
I wouldn't go that far. Depth is overrated in the dance. It's not like Houston's lost any worldbeaters. The best player they've lost averaged 5 ppg and played 18 min. I do think losing Tugler hurts their defense/rebounding a bit, but I don't think any of these losses are devastating. It's still going to be a really tough game for KU, and Houston will still be a tough out in the tourney.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:00 PM 03-07-2024
When I watched this year's team struggle with a Mizzou team that is 0-17 in conference.

Only thing that matters to them at this point is the tournament (or at least that's what I keep telling myself).
Struggle seems like a stretch. They were up 18 midway through the second half and coasted.

You've seen them play great vs the best competition they've faced (Houston/UConn/Tenn/Kentucky), but you take more away from a halfhearted effort vs a weak team in a game that was never in doubt?

I've seen this a lot from KU fans this year and I don't get it. Provided they're healthy, my money says the effort/intensity in the tourney will be a lot closer to the Houston/UConn games than Missouri.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:10 PM 03-07-2024

Self said Kevin McCullar tweaked his knee against K-State. He won't practice today and Self said he hopes he'll practice tomorrow ahead of the Houston game. #KUbball

— Michael Swain (@MSwain247) March 7, 2024

And this would be why we should be conceding these games. They don't matter. The tournament does.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:08 PM 03-07-2024
Liam McNeely decommits from Indiana.

He would be a huge get for next year.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:09 PM 03-07-2024

And this would be why we should be conceding these games. They don't matter. The tournament does.
Seems like there’s always that 3-4 seed that underperforms during the regular season but finally gets it together in the tourney.

McCullar being healthy and a bench developing means that could be Kansas.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:29 PM 03-07-2024

As many of us were saying, no reason to play him until the tournament. He's clearly not ready and save up any health he has for the tournament.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:41 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
As many of us were saying, no reason to play him until the tournament. He's clearly not ready and save up any health he has for the tournament.
At least he almost certainly won’t play tomorrow now but he never should have been put in the position to tweak it again.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:31 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Liam McNeely decommits from Indiana.

He would be a huge get for next year.
Elmarko Jackson #25 Rivals, #20 247 Sports, #25 ESPN
Liam McNeeley #13 Rivals, #16 247 Sports, #11 ESPN

There are no guarantees he will be any good.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:36 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Elmarko Jackson #25 Rivals, #20 247 Sports, #25 ESPN
Liam McNeeley #13 Rivals, #16 247 Sports, #11 ESPN

There are no guarantees he will be any good.
Never guaranteed but you bet on the top talent when you can get it.

The combination of 5-star guys plus program players tends to work best.
[Reply]
Page 234 of 300
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284 > Last »
Up