ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 231 of 333
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281331 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:34 PM 07-27-2023
Here is a pretty good read on why the Royals want to do this
https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co...pth/facilities
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:54 PM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It's that whiney shit Frank White that looks to be holding it up. This has to be the reason for why the Royals are threatening to move to Clay County. Frank ain't getting reelected if he loses the Royals cuz he's a whiney little pussy and probably still holds a grudge from being fired.
Very good chance he faces a recall over the tax stuff. He's boxed himself in going to be hard to go along with the stadium when people are paying 200% increases. He's probably trying to play things out before coming to an agreement with the Royals
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:51 PM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Remember last year and the off season when almost everyone on here kept saying BWJ sucks at defense and should be moved off SS:

Pepperidge Farm remembers . . . . .
BWJ's value won't ever be higher than it is now.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:01 PM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Really the Royals should consider it. Nobody should be untradeable. This team has nothing going for it for the future. They should really trade anyone of value for every prospect they can get and start over. By the time we are ready to resign Witt Jr we wont be able to afford him and we will still suck at baseball.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:24 PM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
It's definitely not even close to it's peak. What do you expect to get for him that's going to make us better in the future? Who has a farm system that would check those boxes? You trust this organization to make a good trade, because I sure as shit don't trust them to

A. Scout players that will amount to shit
B. Develop those guys

Trading a guy that's on the brink of becoming elite seems really fucking stupid. We have him for 4.5 more years and trading him now is completely fucking pointless. The fact that BWillie is one of the main idiots saying to trade him should give you a good idea of how stupid it is.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:30 PM 07-27-2023
It's definitely not even close to it's peak. What do you expect to get for him that's going to make us better in the future? Who has a farm system that would check those boxes? You trust this organization to make a good trade, because I sure as shit don't trust them to

A. Scout players that will amount to shit
B. Develop those guys

Trading a guy that's on the brink of becoming elite seems really fucking stupid. We have him for 4.5 more years and trading him now is completely fucking pointless. The fact that BWillie is one of the main idiots saying to trade him should give you a good idea of how stupid it is.
Im saying they should consider it. It would have to be a haul. Id trade anyone at anytime on most teams. The only players anywhere in the major 3 sports that I would deem not tradeable are Patrick Mahomes. And thats probably it. For enough of a hall a good GM should always consider it.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:59 AM 07-28-2023

Keller gave up 17 runs with 21 walks in 9 innings on rehab. He has reached the max 30 days, so the Royals could activate him tomorrow, they could put him back on the IL, or they could DFA him. https://t.co/ukTnDKKzyK

— Royals Review (@royalsreview) July 28, 2023

[Reply]
Woogieman 06:57 AM 07-28-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Here is a pretty good read on why the Royals want to do this
https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co...pth/facilities
My first inclination was "any location that doesn't have a money shot of downtown or the riverfront is a disaster". And I still can't see how the East Village location isn't a traffic nightmare for years of construction and during games, thanks to the monument to utter bureacratic stupidity and corruption that was the 71 Hwy construction. I guess the NKC location would be ok IF they can pull off a quality development around it, which the city has rarely done (I will credit the Sports Complex, it served us well for over 50 yrs and was built in an era of multi-use crap-boxes), and the downtown revitalization is still an incomplete success; when they build the park over I-70 and get the light to Brookside, I think that will it will something to boast about. The big problem is: can THE ROYALS pull off a large scale development (I know they will have many consultants, RE pros on board) when they can't even pull off a draft?? Will the surrounds turn out to be another CoCo Key Water Park? Can 69 and I-35 be adequate for ingress/egress? Scares the hell out of me considering this would be built by the same people that for decades couldn't even hammer out a deal with a decent local BBQ operation inside the stadium in the "BBQ Capital of the World".
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:26 AM 07-28-2023
The Witt trade discussion brings up one of the things I think are often overlooked on the whole "The Royals should trade more and get more back!"

Getting a trade that is impactful requires so many factors.

1. It starts with having a player with high trade value. This usually involves high, consistent, proven levels of performance.
2. Then, you need a few potential trade partners that are incentivized to pay for said player.
3. Then, you need those trade partners to have a strong farm system with enough depth to put together the type of package you desire back
4. You have to have a strong scouting department that is at least as good as your trade partners', a group that is able to evaluate well and determine if players offered are as good as their rankings/stats.

Let's run through this with Witt, Jr. That settles #1.

Now, on to 2. Who are the trade partners. Let's look at MLB contenders for this year who might be interested in an upgrade at SS:
Minnesota (Correa goes to 3B), Cleveland, Houston, Atlanta, Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles Dodgers, Arizona

I'm going to pick the following teams from that group.

1. Miami. Even though the Braves are running away from things, Witt would give the Marlins a potential superstar hitter to go with Jazz Chisholm and their wealth of young arms.

2. San Francisco. Their SS situation is bad and they just called up Marco Luciano, but he isn't really seen as a long-term SS.

3. Arizona. Young, dynamic team that has surprisingly contended and has a dynamic star in Corbin Carroll.

Now, do they have the farms to put together a trade package for a former top 5 prospect who has been pretty good and looks to be ascending?

The answer is yes. But this is where 4 comes in.

Unless the Marlins are willing to part with Eury Perez (they are not) for Witt, you're going to have to pick through their assortment of arms and also find hitters amongst their top position prospects who can get the job done. Many of their hitters have struggled this year, so you're leaning on your scouts heavily.

The San Francisco Giants are run by an elite front offiice. Trading with Farhan Zaidi and company is a risky proposition. And you have to be sure that, say, Kyle Harrison and Marco Luciano are going to overcome those risk factors and develop well enough for this trade to work.

That leaves us with the D-Backs. THey're probably the best matchup when you consider (4), and the farm system is OK. But again, you're trying to pick from a variety of hitter prospects with similar FV potential, most of whom are struggling with the bat this year.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:48 AM 07-28-2023
Ahahaha they called Keller up, he's literally been dogshit bad.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:32 PM 07-28-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Ahahaha they called Keller up, he's literally been dogshit bad.

#Royals say RHP Brad Keller was returned from his rehab assignment yesterday (not activated) because his shoulder discomfort returned, and he was unable to continue pitching. Thursday was the 30-day mark from when he began his rehab. But now he’s going for further testing.

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) July 28, 2023

[Reply]
dlphg9 02:40 PM 07-28-2023
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Jesus, we've had quite the run of pitchers getting injured.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:12 PM 07-28-2023
https://amp.kansascity.com/sports/ml...277747163.html

“There’s some teams that are clearly adding (players),” Picollo said hours before the Royals-Twins game on Friday. “They feel like they’re going to be in the playoffs. They feel strong about their possibilities and they’re strengthening their club and they’re not worrying too much about what they’re giving up.

“Then you have a large pool of teams that are in the middle. And what we’ve taken out of it is their objective is to try to acquire players with years remaining on their contract. So if things don’t go the way they want this year, they still have something in return for the coming years, which makes it more difficult for us. Because for a player like that, we’d like to acquire someone that would add to our major-league team or (be) near-ready for our major-league team.

“When you have guys on major-league teams and you’re trading them for three or four minor-league prospects and years of control, that’s really not the direction we want to go in. So we’re a little bit in a gray area right now when it comes to that type of player.”

Picollo made it clear the Royals are looking for players who can join the core they identify from this season’s team.

This motherfucker is absolutely delusional. So it seems like to me that teams have called about Barlow and instead of getting back multiple minor league guys, they'd rather get a ML ready guy. I'm ready for him to be gone.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:23 PM 07-28-2023
https://amp.kansascity.com/sports/ml...277747163.html

“There’s some teams that are clearly adding (players),” Picollo said hours before the Royals-Twins game on Friday. “They feel like they’re going to be in the playoffs. They feel strong about their possibilities and they’re strengthening their club and they’re not worrying too much about what they’re giving up.

“Then you have a large pool of teams that are in the middle. And what we’ve taken out of it is their objective is to try to acquire players with years remaining on their contract. So if things don’t go the way they want this year, they still have something in return for the coming years, which makes it more difficult for us. Because for a player like that, we’d like to acquire someone that would add to our major-league team or (be) near-ready for our major-league team.

“When you have guys on major-league teams and you’re trading them for three or four minor-league prospects and years of control, that’s really not the direction we want to go in. So we’re a little bit in a gray area right now when it comes to that type of player.”

Picollo made it clear the Royals are looking for players who can join the core they identify from this season’s team.

This motherfucker is absolutely delusional. So it seems like to me that teams have called about Barlow and instead of getting back multiple minor league guys, they'd rather get a ML ready guy. I'm ready for him to be gone.
Maybe Sherman will can him. I'm ready for it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:51 PM 07-28-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Maybe Sherman will can him. I'm ready for it.
Why in the hell would they want major league ready guys. Like do they see themselves competing soon? Idiots.
[Reply]
Page 231 of 333
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281331 > Last »
Up