View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 231 of 343
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281331 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:39 PM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
I'm not disagreeing with you that HE thinks he's a LT and I doubt he'd go back to being a RT willingly. But he's not the LT the Chiefs need now or any time in the foreseeable future. So, does he want to stay a Chief or does he want to have a shot at some dumbass GM giving him a boatload of cash? Want the cash? Groovy, let someone else pay him.
You and I are on the same page.

That being said, I'm holding out hope that Niang can solidify that spot.
[Reply]
TEX 03:45 PM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Why? You just put Von Miller over there. Same difference. No, unless OBJ improves drastically soon, I don't want him at all. I was not a fan of the trade for him to begin with, I've always thought he was a poor fit, and I'm sad to say I told you so.
This is exactly where I'm at. Any speed rusher will abuse him wherever he is. FWIW, I was also never a fan of the trade because I also thought he was not a good fit for THIS offense. I understood the thinking behind it though and figured I'd give it time. I've seen enough now. Dude can't play how we need him to in this offense period. Hope we just move on after the season.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:50 PM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We'll likely get a 3rd rounder if he walks. It's not nothing.

You cannot bring him back at his current salary demands. Hell, you really can't even bring him back at what the Chiefs offered him.

Letting him walk is really the only palatable option.
Same thing would be said this time last year about him.

I think we need to show sone patience and see how he does in the coming weeks before definitively jettisoning him prematurely.

The solution can’t be worse than the original problem so the lesser of the evils may be to tag him in hopes of trading or getting him on a reasonable extension. Depending on his play from now till the end of the season.
[Reply]
oldman 03:52 PM 10-21-2022
The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning to not want him at RT either. I think he'd do OK in a Ravens type O, not one that depends on pass first. I'm pretty sure he'd want some long term guarantees even if he did swallow his pride and move back to where he belongs. I'm not willing to trust him to stay healthy, mentally or physically, to do that. Let him walk.
[Reply]
oldman 03:58 PM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The solution can’t be worse than the original problem so the lesser of the evils may be to tag him in hopes of trading or getting him on a reasonable extension.
The problem would be be no GM in their right mind would trade for him at a tag price and we'd have to eat that cap. That said, there are a lot of dumb fuck GMs around.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:58 PM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Why? You just put Von Miller over there. Same difference. No, unless OBJ improves drastically soon, I don't want him at all. I was not a fan of the trade for him to begin with, I've always thought he was a poor fit, and I'm sad to say I told you so.
It's a moot point anyway. If we don't sign him at LT we let him walk.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:00 PM 10-21-2022
The problem would be be no GM in their right mind would trade for him at a tag price and we'd have to eat that cap. That said, there are a lot of dumb fuck GMs around.
Orlando has been on the non exclusive tag. That means his agent has been able to negotiate with any NFL team interested in him on a contract. He will have suitors that have wanted to sign him.

Look at what the Jaguars gave Cam.

If we let him walk, there will be 3-4 teams bidding for his services.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:02 PM 10-21-2022
He's not worth the tag price this season. Would be beyond retarded to tag him again and pay even more.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:08 PM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This is true. It's going to be interesting to see what happens when the market humbles him a bit. Will he take something from KC or will sour grapes lead him to just go somewhere else.
I think it’s going to be similar to the Silverback situation from last year. Trent stayed in SF and I just hope that we have an option to improve the play at LT if we let him walk and that the team that out bids us, ends up with an overpaid deal they can’t move on from.

Ideally, Orlando does like he did last year and settled in and plays really good football from here on out and earns a market reset type new deal that we give right before the cap explodes the following year like Veach has said is going to happen.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:08 PM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
He's not worth the tag price this season. Would be beyond reeruned to tag him again and pay even more.
Right.
[Reply]
oldman 04:21 PM 10-21-2022
Orlando has been on the non exclusive tag. That means his agent has been able to negotiate with any NFL team interested in him on a contract. He will have suitors that have wanted to sign him.
No one knocked down the door to get him in the off season. What makes you think his level of play this year will make him any more valuable? Sure, he MIGHT improve, but the cards are stacked against him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:30 PM 10-21-2022
Won't hurt my feeling one bit if another team does us a solid and saves us from ourselves again like the 49ers did for the Chiefs with Brokeback Williams
[Reply]
BossChief 04:31 PM 10-21-2022
No one knocked down the door to get him in the off season. What makes you think his level of play this year will make him any more valuable? Sure, he MIGHT improve, but the cards are stacked against him.
All of the criticisms of Orlando currently are nearly identical to the criticisms of him from this same time last year.

Give him time/patience because last year, he turned everything around around this point of the season.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:34 PM 10-21-2022
Well, difference is he's playing much, much, much worse than he ever did last year by virtually every available metric we use to measure OL performance.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 05:13 PM 10-21-2022
I think it’s going to be similar to the Silverback situation from last year. Trent stayed in SF and I just hope that we have an option to improve the play at LT if we let him walk and that the team that out bids us, ends up with an overpaid deal they can’t move on from.

Ideally, Orlando does like he did last year and settled in and plays really good football from here on out and earns a market reset type new deal that we give right before the cap explodes the following year like Veach has said is going to happen.
Why on Earth would you want to give him a huge deal if this is how he performs in a contract year? Two years in a row he will have started off rough and had to settle in later in the year, assuming he even does settle in this year. Paying $22-23 million to someone who isn’t even top 10 at his position and who is likely less motivated than ever once he gets paid? No thanks. You can get similar production from a rookie.
[Reply]
Page 231 of 343
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281331 > Last »
Up