ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 231 of 335
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281331 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:35 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Y'all marthafockers better be ready for King Gendry, the first of his name et cetera et cetera.
It seems like the show has moved on from that storyline. Why bring it back now?
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:42 PM 06-15-2016
Martin has said he'll show up again in the books, so it wouldn't be that big a stretch for him to show up on tv. And this has been a season for dredging up long-dormant stuff.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:53 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Martin has said he'll show up again in the books, so it wouldn't be that big a stretch for him to show up on tv. And this has been a season for dredging up long-dormant stuff.
Yeah its possible. But, there is no long Bratheon history or claim to the throne especially a bastard one.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:59 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah its possible. But, there is no long Bratheon history or claim to the throne especially a bastard one.
Maybe not a long one, but the last one that people would have considered legit if they knew the truth (about Cersei's kids) was a Baratheon. The bastard part is a hurdle, but aside from that it seems like Gendry would have a stronger claim than all but (maybe) Daenerys (or Jon Snow if some of the theories end up being true).
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:28 PM 06-15-2016
There's also the theory that Gendry is actually Cersei' s 'stillborn' child, which would make him legitimate.

'Course I don't expect that's the case, or that Cersei will out Tommen as a child of incest.
[Reply]
Fish 03:41 PM 06-15-2016
There's also the theory that Gendry is actually Cersei' s 'stillborn' child, which would make him legitimate.

'Course I don't expect that's the case, or that Cersei will out Tommen as a child of incest.
Ha! That would serve that little twat perfectly.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:13 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
So I'm expected to believe that this place trains assassins but doesn't train them for every situation?
Two trained assassins in the dark, one has a sword... Who wins?

Maybe this show isn't for you. You don't have to act cool, it's ok if you don't like the show like everyone else does.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:15 PM 06-15-2016
I wouldn't be surprised if Gendry and Arya meet up again.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:16 PM 06-15-2016

It might not be her intention, but with the King giving these sparrows all this power they will arrest him after Cersei loses her trial... Which leads to her trying to burn down the city like the Mad King.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:25 PM 06-15-2016
So if Tommen is gone there has to be someone ruling Kings Landing that is not exactly a beloved character by fans or the people in the show if we are to assume there will be conflict between that person/house and Dany in which Dany is the hero. If it isn't someone disliked than neither Dany nor Jon would be saving things. To create the proper drama, conflict, and tension it seems like it has to be someone powerful, intimidating, and generally disliked. Of course this all assumes the end game is for Dany or Jon or both to have the desire to rule there and actually make it that far.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:30 PM 06-15-2016

The problem with that is that she also throws Jamie under the bus.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:37 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
So if Tommen is gone there has to be someone ruling Kings Landing that is not exactly a beloved character by fans or the people in the show if we are to assume there will be conflict between that person/house and Dany in which Dany is the hero. If it isn't someone disliked than neither Dany nor Jon would be saving things. To create the proper drama, conflict, and tension it seems like it has to be someone powerful, intimidating, and generally disliked. Of course this all assumes the end game is for Dany or Jon or both to have the desire to rule there and actually make it that far.
Maybe the white walkers are taking over Westros killing everyone and Dany saves the day?

Theres your bad guy and the hero.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:50 PM 06-15-2016
I don't think GRRM would have it be that straightforward.

I think it would be closer to something like.. Sam discovers the secret the Maesters exploited to rid the Kingdom of Magic. This stops the White Walker invasion.

..but it also kills the dragons, Jon (since he was revived) and Dant.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:16 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The problem with that is that she also throws Jamie under the bus.
So what, she's only out for herself. And he's not in king's landing anyway.

I reiterate that I'm just playing devil's advocate. I don't think that's where they're going.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:35 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Two trained assassins in the dark, one has a sword... Who wins?

Maybe this show isn't for you. You don't have to act cool, it's ok if you don't like the show like everyone else does.
I never once brought up an issue with the sword vs the knife argument.

But tell me again about how Castle Black is laid out and how you know everything about it.
[Reply]
Page 231 of 335
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281331 > Last »
Up