ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 230 of 270
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:41 AM 04-27-2023
For some reason, I keep coming back to seeing him with the Bills. They're desperate to not lose ground to the Jets. They need a reliable WR outside of Diggs.

And before you ask how they would work it with the cap....how would we? If we can figure it out, then so can they. In fact, if they sent Ed Oliver to the Cardinals...that takes care of most of it right there.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:43 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
He plays on one of the worst fields in the NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure, but that is like buying a used car that was used by a rental company. They may look great from the outside, but they were driven hard and putting on new tires isn't going to make them like they used to be... That field already did it's damage.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:45 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
For some reason, I keep coming back to seeing him with the Bills. They're desperate to not lose ground to the Jets. They need a reliable WR outside of Diggs.

And before you ask how they would work it with the cap....how would we? If we can figure it out, then so can they. In fact, if they sent Ed Oliver to the Cardinals...that takes care of most of it right there.
They're desperate but in so many ways, their defense took a step back as well. I won't be at all surprised if they reach for Jack Campbell in round 1.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:49 AM 04-27-2023

There's a few things.

1. The Bills have said they want to keep Oliver.
2. They don't have the maneuverability to backload like we do.

They are already over the cap in 2024. We have 70 million in projected space currently.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:50 AM 04-27-2023

We went through the difficult step of cleaning our cap. Last year was technically a rebuild year. The bills kept punting on the cap for years and years, and this was the year the bill came due. They cleared up cap space by restructuring diggs and Allen which means they’re still due for a tsunami at some point in the near future. If they’re going in for DHop it’s because they understand that their window is closing fast. It’s a desperation move.

The chiefs on the other hand are in a great spot. And we have plenty of flexibility to still spend if we need to.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:50 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They're desperate but in so many ways, their defense took a step back as well. I won't be at all surprised if they reach for Jack Campbell in round 1.
I'm thinking they go DT. They have no one signed next year and Ed Oliver will be allowed to walk.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:51 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
We went through the difficult step of cleaning our cap. Last year was technically a rebuild year. The bills kept punting on the cap for years and years, and this was the year the bill came due. They cleared up cap space by restructuring diggs and Allen which means they’re still due for a tsunami at some point in the near future. If they’re going in for DHop it’s because they understand that their window is closing fast. It’s a desperation move.

The chiefs on the other hand are in a great spot. And we have plenty of flexibility to still spend if we need to.

Buffalo pushed 36 million forward on their cap.

Their roster will need to be reset next year.
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:52 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Sure, but that is like buying a used car that was used by a rental company. They may look great from the outside, but they were driven hard and putting on new tires isn't going to make them like they used to be... That field already did it's damage.

And some people say cucumbers taste better pickled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mecca 08:53 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I'm thinking they go DT. They have no one signed next year and Ed Oliver will be allowed to walk.
They don't have a MLB right now!
[Reply]
alanm 09:12 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:

Oh Boy.. Now there's a load of information to digest. :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:27 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
We did this already. I listed like a half dozen for you in fact right here in this thread, iirc. Those half dozen all went on after their 'serious' injuries to post multiple 1,000 yard seasons after the age of 32.

Btw, Travs Kelce has had 10 surgeries in his career due to multiple injuries and at 33 still posted over 1,000 yards and 10+ TDs. Where's your concern for Travis' ability to play in 2023 at 34?
Link to post of those players?

Travis Kelce has minor surgeries that haven't been detrimental to his play. Players have surgeries all the time. Travis Kelce hasn't had season ending injuries since his rookie season.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:29 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by alanm:
Oh Boy.. Now there's a load of information to digest. :-)
Pacman Jones has jack and shit for sources. Everyone knows he's a moron.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:33 AM 04-27-2023
Nothing will ever amuse me more than these 2 sentences coming from the same person..

Kadarious Toney can be a #1 WR

DeAndre Hopkins is a brokedick that is hurt all the time
[Reply]
carcosa 09:39 AM 04-27-2023
I Simply Trust In Burlap Varnish
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:41 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Your grammar is more atrocious than your football IQ.
Who the **** are you? A real man of genius? PM me your address and I'll send you a case of BUD LIGHT. :-)
[Reply]
Page 230 of 270
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240 > Last »
Up