View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 230 of 343
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240280330 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:16 AM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
If he does the structure will favor us significantly, which makes it a lot more palatable.
This is true. Rumor is the reason he turned down the Chiefs offer was because it was a 6-year deal that was really 3 years at its core.

My problem is Brown himself. There are multiple options that are palatable to the team but NONE of them are palatable to HIM.

He doesn't want to play RT. He wants to be paid like the best LT in the league. And so on.

It's all going to come down to whether or not he can swallow his pride. I've seen nothing yet to suggest that he will, or even can.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:17 AM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
Brown was an All-Pro at RT, not LT. Sure, he played some games at LT, but his strength is on the right side. Moving him there gets rid of Wylie, therefore half the problem solved. Plus it frees up quite a bit of cash he's not earning. Seriously, does anyone believe he's worth Top 5 pay? You can't trade him, he's on the tag this year. Even if you do tag him there's no guarantee he'll sign. Let him walk if he doesn't play ball.

What I hope for is a game that doesn't alter our post season play and let Buechele and our young OTs show us what they have.
Brown is not moving to the right side. You might as well just give up on that notion. He believes he is a LT, period. Now, we can discuss whether the Chiefs still feel that he can be their LT going forward, sure. But RT is just not an option. Just my opinion based on the way OBJ talked about his time in Baltimore. I would be shocked if he were to accept a move back to RT.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:19 AM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Also think it is important to remember that was with a run first Ravens team with Lamar at QB. Not sure but teams may not have the same game plan of racing up field against Lamar. Most of those game plans seem to be to keep Lamar in the pocket.

Just maybe he is a tackle better suited to the run game and not dealing with speed rushers that he will have to deal with in this offense whether RT or LT.
I think this is very much what happened and why he's struggling in KC.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:20 AM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This is true. Rumor is the reason he turned down the Chiefs offer was because it was a 6-year deal that was really 3 years at its core.

My problem is Brown himself. There are multiple options that are palatable to the team but NONE of them are palatable to HIM.

He doesn't want to play RT. He wants to be paid like the best LT in the league. And so on.

It's all going to come down to whether or not he can swallow his pride. I've seen nothing yet to suggest that he will, or even can.
He had better wake up because at this point, I can't see any team paying him like he's the best LT in the NFL. Not even close.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:21 AM 10-21-2022
It's 9:21 AM. Has anyone brought up the potential of signing Eric Fisher yet?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:23 AM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
It's 9:21 AM. Has anyone brought up the potential of signing Eric Fisher yet?
How about Roaf? Or maybe Kyle Turley.
[Reply]
TEX 08:24 AM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
This will be a fun thread when he signs an extension to stay in KC.
:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:33 AM 10-21-2022

Well, the problem for him now is unless he gets a completely inept GM like Baalke after him, no reasonable GM is going to give him a deal with the $$$ and structure he wants. More likely than not going to have to choose one or the other. He's put up way too many red flags throughout his career to not have serious protections for the team that ultimately signs him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:42 AM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, the problem for him now is unless he gets a completely inept GM like Baalke after him, no reasonable GM is going to give him a deal with the $$$ and structure he wants. More likely than not going to have to choose one or the other. He's put up way too many red flags throughout his career to not have serious protections for the team that ultimately signs him.
This is true. It's going to be interesting to see what happens when the market humbles him a bit. Will he take something from KC or will sour grapes lead him to just go somewhere else.
[Reply]
oldman 09:23 AM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Brown is not moving to the right side. You might as well just give up on that notion. He believes he is a LT, period. Now, we can discuss whether the Chiefs still feel that he can be their LT going forward, sure. But RT is just not an option. Just my opinion based on the way OBJ talked about his time in Baltimore. I would be shocked if he were to accept a move back to RT.
I'm not disagreeing with you that HE thinks he's a LT and I doubt he'd go back to being a RT willingly. But he's not the LT the Chiefs need now or any time in the foreseeable future. So, does he want to stay a Chief or does he want to have a shot at some dumbass GM giving him a boatload of cash? Want the cash? Groovy, let someone else pay him.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:58 PM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
This will be a fun thread when he signs an extension to stay in KC.
And it will be an even bigger ball of joy when he gets fatter and slower after signing...
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:03 PM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
And it will be an even bigger ball of joy when he gets fatter and slower after signing...

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:37 PM 10-21-2022

I would love Brown at RT but it seems he doesn't want to embrace where he would actually be a star.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:12 PM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I would love Brown at RT but it seems he doesn't want to embrace where he would actually be a star.
Why? You just put Von Miller over there. Same difference. No, unless OBJ improves drastically soon, I don't want him at all. I was not a fan of the trade for him to begin with, I've always thought he was a poor fit, and I'm sad to say I told you so.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:15 PM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Why? You just put Von Miller over there. Same difference. No, unless OBJ improves drastically soon, I don't want him at all.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Page 230 of 343
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240280330 > Last »
Up