ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 92
« First < 131920212223 242526273373 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
New World Order 11:32 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I really don’t understand why the Bills did this.

Did they want out of the first round THAT bad?
Maybe they weren't ready and needed an extra day to prepare.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:32 PM 04-25-2024
The Bills ARE in cap hell though

#Bills pick up 1,720 points while the Panthers get 1,244 points. Works out to Buffalo getting the value of the 145th pick to move down a spot. Bills will save about $2.3M on the contract and $400K in cap this year as well. Still time to move down further.

— Jason_OTC (@Jason_OTC) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:32 PM 04-25-2024
I guess it should have been obvious when Pat started following Worthy, worked out with him in Texas and Worthy publicly said "in an ideal world I definitely would want to go to the chiefs".

I was OK with him a month ago but I just kept dreading that he would be another Hardman so I preferred Mitchell instead.

Veach took Hardman over DK, Moore over Pickens and now Worthy over Mitchell. I pray we don't regret this one too.

Smaller guys like Antonio Brown, Tyreek, Devonta Smith, Tank Dell etc have all done well to great in this league so hopefully Worthy follows suit.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:34 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:

Veach took Hardman over DK, Moore over Pickens and now Worthy over Mitchell. I pray we don't regret this one too.
And he redeemed himself with Rice, and now Worthy will be his next good WR pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:35 PM 04-25-2024
Chiefs drafted a fellow Texas WR for Pat last year and it worked out great...
[Reply]
staylor26 11:35 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
And he redeemed himself with Rice, and now Worthy will be his next good WR pick.
It's like bringing up the Reagor and Arcega-Whiteside picks after Roseman got Brown and Smith.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:42 PM 04-25-2024

Such a spectacular catch by Xavier Worthy. Great concentration despite having his face being yanked. pic.twitter.com/D3GJPK46iu

— CJ Vogel (@CJVogel_OTF) September 12, 2022

[Reply]
DRM08 11:42 PM 04-25-2024
I guess it should have been obvious when Pat started following Worthy, worked out with him in Texas and Worthy publicly said "in an ideal world I definitely would want to go to the chiefs".

I was OK with him a month ago but I just kept dreading that he would be another Hardman so I preferred Mitchell instead.

Smaller guys like Antonio Brown, Tyreek, Devonta Smith, Tank Dell etc have all done well to great in thus league so hopefully Worthy follows suit.
If I am not mistaken, Hardman & Skyy Moore did not have any workouts with Mahomes before they were drafted. We have to hope the Worthy & Mahomes workout provided strong enough evidence that Xavier won’t be “lost” on the field like Skyy & Mecole.

If I remember right, Zay Flowers had a strong Mahomes workout before the Draft and Flowers wanted to end up in Kansas City. Baltimore scooped him up before the Chiefs had a chance to get him. I guess Veach wanted to make sure that scenario didn’t play out again.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:44 PM 04-25-2024
Veach tried to trade up for Flowers too
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:45 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Wow! It's like Snoop Minnis but not shitty!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:47 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
I remember feeling underwhelmed when we took Clyde over Taylor, Swift and Dobbins. And I felt the same way after we took Skyy over Pickens. I feeI a little similar here I can't lie but I'm gonna dig into his tape a little more and I'm definitely hoping that the kid is a baller for us. I think I'm just scarred from the Hardman and Skyy picks tbh.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:49 PM 04-25-2024
I remember feeling underwhelmed when we took Clyde over Taylor, Swift and Dobbins. And I felt the same way after we took Skyy over Pickens. I feeI a little similar here I can't lie but I'm gonna dig into his tape a little more and I'm definitely hoping that the kid is a baller for us. I think I'm just scarred from the Hardman and Skyy picks tbh.
I love when people say stuff like this as if it has any impact on what will happen this time.

I liked this pick just like the Rice pick so that means it's good!
[Reply]
Hawk 11:50 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Shag:
I would have preferred Mitchell, but don't hate the Worthy pick - size is the obvious concern. Can't deny the speed, though, and with the new kickoff return, could be a real difference maker there. Seems like Andy wants a little 2018 redux, could be a return to the high-flying Chiefs offense.

LFG.
As a Texas fan who watched all their plays, I think Worthy is the better more dangerous WR over Mitchell, and is the better fit for KC. Obviously Reid and company agree.

That's not a knock on Mitchell, dude is good and Buffalo should take him with first pick of 2nd round, but he's not quite as explosive or shifty as Worthy, and he doesn't bring the kick return juice that Worthy does either. I think Worthy to KC and Mitchell to Buff are the perfect picks and fits for both teams.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:50 PM 04-25-2024
Hardman and Skyy didn't have much on tape.

I've watch a bajillion highlights on Worthy and keep finding ones I haven't seen before. Dude put up nutso numbers for being so young and is ten times the route runner of either Hardman or Skyy.

Posting this again for those that didn't see

Xavier Worthy: 2,752 receiving yards since 2021

Only Malik Nabers & Rome Odunze had more

�� pic.twitter.com/ikYWEH2ql6

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:50 PM 04-25-2024
I want more upside but it is what it is.

Once Kelce is gone and assuming Hollywood leaves too then they will have the cap $$$ to buy a #1 down the road.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 92
« First < 131920212223 242526273373 > Last »
Up