ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 28
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign former Bills Punter Matt Araiza
wazu 02:06 PM 02-22-2024

A big development in KC: Chiefs are signing former Bills punter Matt Araiza, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 22, 2024

[Reply]
crispystl 05:06 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
God I love our players. :-)
I understand people have Chiefs fatigue, but this team is just so more likeable than them old Patriots teams. It's just full of personalities.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:06 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Nate Taylor…goodness. This is insane.

“To hell and back”…uhh yeah. Being falsely accused of a horrendous crime and having your dream ripped away from you is about right. Dude’s life was almost ruined.

He kept saying that Araiza “technically wasn’t there”. Technically? All evidence says he wasn’t there. What’s this “technically” qualifier?
I had no idea what he was blathering on about. Does he know something the rest of us don't?

Because all I know is he wasn't there at the time this supposedly happened. Why would you throw shade on the guy?
[Reply]
DaFace 05:09 PM 02-23-2024
I still generally like those guys, but I agree that that episode was...rough. More broadly, it feels like they've leaned into the slap-happy schtick a little too much this year (and since becoming OWG). Some episodes have just been hard to watch because they're just pure chaos. The one with Nate on radio row during Super Bowl week was a mess.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:11 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
We’re hella excited over a punter :-)

I actually love the offseason, probably more than most.
To be fair though, the dude was like the greatest college punter ever.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:12 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I had no idea what he was blathering on about. Does he know something the rest of us don't?

Because all I know is he wasn't there at the time this supposedly happened. Why would you throw shade on the guy?
It sounds to me like they believe Araiza wasn’t charged but probably committed the crime anyway. So they’re still going to hold it against him.

I might be on board with that, except that all the evidence shows Araiza wasn’t even in the house. It’s not like there just wasn’t enough evidence. As far as we know, the evidence proves he’s innocent.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:07 PM 02-23-2024

I think a lot of people are missing the fact that he did choose to bang this chick earlier in the evening. It was consensual. She was a minor (although she lied about her age).

Being an idiot and sticking your dick in a (underage) crazy rando in the back yard of a party is not comparable to the alleged/debunked gangrape. But it does show poor judgement.

Let's hope he's learned his lesson and is a better person for it.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:07 PM 02-23-2024

I think a lot of people are missing the fact that he did choose to bang this chick earlier in the evening. It was consensual. She was a minor (although she lied about her age).

Being an idiot and sticking your dick in a (underage) crazy rando in the back yard of a party is not comparable to the alleged/debunked gangrape. But it does show poor judgement.

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:10 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
To be fair though, the dude was like the greatest college punter ever.
And he’s a solid back-up kicker.

And he runs a 4.8… fake punt potential.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:14 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:

It was at a college party too, right? So there’s reason to assume she’d at least be 18.

It’s not like he met her at the Scholastic Book Fair or something.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:23 PM 02-23-2024
They don't think he's a team player now. Because it looked legit at the time?
[Reply]
Rausch 06:42 PM 02-23-2024

Seems like the poor judgement of a drunk college kid. The same poor judgement damned near every college freshman or sophomore has.

And lets be honest - the first thing freshman boys do is find and bang HS girls that will for once bang them. I don't know a single human male that was single and didn't throw a chip in that dip. I know a ton of guys at Rolla that didn't lose their cherry until St. Pat's day - when the HS girls flocked in.
[Reply]
Bump 06:55 PM 02-23-2024
It was at a college party too, right? So there’s reason to assume she’d at least be 18.

It’s not like he met her at the Scholastic Book Fair or something.
This situation reminds me of a situation when I was in college.

I worked at a restaurant in college, one of the hostesses was a high school 17 year old and all of the guys thought she was hot but too young obviously.

Well one time I was out at the club and she was there with a fake ID. You have to be 21 to enter that place. She was like "hey bump! woohoo!' and I was like "what in the fuck are you doing here? please leave" and she was like "fuck you bump!" and so whenever I saw a guy hitting on her I made sure to inform them that she was in high school.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:02 PM 02-23-2024

Also, the prosecutor decided not to charge anyone in a gang rape, saying the video and testimony showed she lied about her age and it appeared to be consensual.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:13 PM 02-23-2024
They’re fortunate that YouTube started hiding the number of thumbs down.

They’re getting destroyed in the comments though. Deservedly so.
I couldn't bring myself to look. Invariably a team like that gets their cult following and I was just sure the white knight brigade would flood the comments to tell them all how brave they were.

Glad to hear otherwise.

It won't mean anything.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:23 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I couldn't bring myself to look. Invariably a team like that gets their cult following and I was just sure the white knight brigade would flood the comments to tell them all how brave they were.

Glad to hear otherwise.

It won't mean anything.
Even reddit seems to be glad he's getting a shot even though it's with the Chiefs. Though we'll never know for sure, the evidence sure seems to suggest he didn't do anything wrong beyond being a horny college guy and not carding his hookup.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:24 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Glad to hear otherwise.

It won't mean anything.
The cult followers either weren’t commenting at all (wisely) or posting something like “I love you guys, but I have to disagree because…”.

More casual listeners were brutal. Hopefully those comments haven’t been suppressed.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 28
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up