ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 34
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
JPH83 06:37 AM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Agree. Andy Heck the oline coach shouldn’t get a pass. Couldn’t open up run lanes with the vaunted middle oline guys and couldn’t pass protect. Heck’s oline was totally schooled. Veach poured a lot of resources and money for it to look like this bad.
I don't think the OL is all on Heck. Taylor and D. Smith have always been awful run blockers. Nothing has changed there. T Smith and Creed have both played worse, maybe that's on them and Heck, but I think it's also, somewhat, the knock-on effects of Taylor and D Smith. on the IOL. OTs have been an utter s***show
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 07:08 AM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I don't think the OL is all on Heck. Taylor and D. Smith have always been awful run blockers. Nothing has changed there. T Smith and Creed have both played worse, maybe that's on them and Heck, but I think it's also, somewhat, the knock-on effects of Taylor and D Smith. on the IOL. OTs have been an utter s***show
I don’t think it’s all on him also , but it seems they step up and play when Reid calls them out and challenges them. Jawan gets penalized every game , the run game seems very predictable. They just look soft. Multiple times the running backs struggle just to get back to the line of scrimmage. It’s just a pure shit show..
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:58 AM 12-26-2023
The whole fucking team looked like they would rather be at home on Christmas while the Raiders looked laser focused. Smith got killed the last time we played the Raiders. This whole team was off.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 08:02 AM 12-26-2023
I saw Mahomes on the sideline tearing a new hole in the olines ass, while the oline coach was somewhere else eating ice cream!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:11 AM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
I saw Mahomes on the sideline tearing a new hole in the olines ass, while the oline coach was somewhere else eating ice cream!
That had me thinking that a big part of this just has to be attitude and effort. Theres maybe 3-4 hungry guys on that offense right now. Mahomes was pissed, Kelce was throwing his helemet, Pacheco gives 100% and Rice seemed to be without blame. I might move Richie James on that list. But largely most of the offense looked like they just couldnt do better than 70% effort on their best plays.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:15 AM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Yes but some here already proclaimed him to be the next Willie Roaf.
Oh yeah, who? And where? Quotes please.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:19 AM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Oh yeah, who? And where? Quotes please.
No one. The people who didn't want him to succeed just want to beat their chests. Everyone from what I saw were pleasantly surprised but realistic with expectations.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:32 AM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Remember how everything Veach touched was gold last year? We regressed to the mean this year because he completely ****ed the OT and WR positions, nobodies perfect but God damn.
Yes but people also don't want to talk about how terrible Andy has been this year.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:36 AM 12-26-2023
Smith back this week?
[Reply]
srvy 02:09 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
I envy you because you evidently missed Super Bowl 55.
Yeah I think DJLN has a short memory. Wanya was bad yesterday but not as bad as that SB loss.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:05 PM 12-26-2023
Yikes… :-)

Did…NOT…Age…Well:

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So you won’t back up your reeruned idea that Veach signed Taylor to play RT.

[Reply]
srvy 03:19 PM 12-26-2023
Also Wanogho would probably have stepped in before Wanya except he is on IR. Kinard is on the practice squad and who knows about CP's prince who was promised Lucas Niang.

That the Chiefs think enough of Morris to throw him to the wolves shows they have some hope for the kid. I can't think of an LT who didn't have some rookie lapses.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 03:28 PM 12-26-2023
Potentially the worst game I've ever seen by a tackle, rookie or not, was Morris yesterday.

Both in the run and pass he got his ass kicked ten ways until Sunday and then back again play after play. As soon as the ball was snapped on pass plays he didn't get deep enough in his set, and when he did get set, he get bull rushed over like a 5th grader.

He's garabge. I will say that now. I'll tell you why. There's a few positions where if you're going to ascend, you're naturally pretty good right out of the gate.

Running back and O-line and middle backer seem to be those positions because there's a lot of instincts and intangibles that go into being great there.

AT best the dude could be an ok backup down the line but he 100% is NOT some future left tackle. If any of you go back and watch the game you'll quickly find that he was the issue on literally almost every single run and pass play. IT was a domino effect he was so bad.

A complete turd pile.
[Reply]
srvy 04:06 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
Potentially the worst game I've ever seen by a tackle, rookie or not, was Morris yesterday.

Both in the run and pass he got his ass kicked ten ways until Sunday and then back again play after play. As soon as the ball was snapped on pass plays he didn't get deep enough in his set, and when he did get set, he get bull rushed over like a 5th grader.

He's garabge. I will say that now. I'll tell you why. There's a few positions where if you're going to ascend, you're naturally pretty good right out of the gate.

Running back and O-line and middle backer seem to be those positions because there's a lot of instincts and intangibles that go into being great there.

AT best the dude could be an ok backup down the line but he 100% is NOT some future left tackle. If any of you go back and watch the game you'll quickly find that he was the issue on literally almost every single run and pass play. IT was a domino effect he was so bad.

A complete turd pile.
All this after 2 1/2 starts:-):-)
[Reply]
srvy 04:07 PM 12-26-2023
Did you watch the KCvs TB SB?
[Reply]
Page 23 of 34
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up