ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 120
« First < 131920212223 242526273373 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:40 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
At this point, you just have to hope that the team will be .500 by the end of the season. There's no doubt that the "Cardinal Way" is obsolete with no life in the team. Perhaps this season needed to happen for changes to be made. Mo is still an idiot for not trading for Soto with the extra OF that we have or trading for SP with the same excess OF that we have. I plan on going to another 7-8 games this year so hopefully they win at least one. So far I'm 0-2 in games this year.
.500?

I hope they lose 100 games. It's the only way things are going to change.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:44 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
.500?

Yeah, I think that's gonna be what it takes.

Even 90 saves Mozeliak's job - afterall, he just got extended.

100 games HAS to get him canned because the bottom line will feel it. Biggly.

And that's all Dewitt cares about.
[Reply]
VAChief 08:53 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I think that's gonna be what it takes.

Even 90 saves Mozeliak's job - afterall, he just got extended.

100 games HAS to get him canned because the bottom line will feel it. Biggly.

And that's all Dewitt cares about.
Sadly, I think it will take losing 100 games two years in a row for significant changes to be made in the front office...and even then only because Dimwit might start to worry about the value being affected.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Sadly, I think it will take losing 100 games two years in a row for significant changes to be made in the front office...and even then only because Dimwit might start to worry about the value being affected.
Mozeliak is sure acting like a guy with the job security to survive whatever catastrophe befalls the team this season...

You may well be right.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:13 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
.500?

I've been calling for 95 losses, maybe a hundred will be what it takes. 75 to go.

Hopefully JLM will have his season ending injury soon and if they just keep trotting Matz out there they are almost sure to lose 95.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:22 AM 05-03-2023
Remember when guys used to come here and then blossom? The org used to be able to find guys like Ryan Ludwick and Chris Carpenter off the scrap heap. Now they send out Zac Gallen, Adolis Garcia, and Arozarena to be someone else's All-Stars.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:52 AM 05-03-2023
Dewitt’s got this. No worries Cardinal fans. Nothing to see here.

We haven’t had an April like this since (the DeWitt family) has been involved,” Bill DeWitt III said. “It’s a real clunker. You have to go back in history to see months where we’ve been this bad. But again, I think a lot of it, you can explain away. Some of our underlying statistics would indicate that if those (numbers) stay where they are, there ought to be some mean reversion here.”

“I still feel really good about the team and roster,” he added. “I mean, you don’t have a situation where there are glaring spots occurring. Of course, you’d love for the pitching to be a little better, but I think you’re just seeing a number of things that appear to be unusual, one-off situations in April. At least I hope so.”
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Dewitt’s got this. No worries Cardinal fans. Nothing to see here.

We haven’t had an April like this since (the DeWitt family) has been involved,” Bill DeWitt III said. “It’s a real clunker. You have to go back in history to see months where we’ve been this bad. But again, I think a lot of it, you can explain away. Some of our underlying statistics would indicate that if those (numbers) stay where they are, there ought to be some mean reversion here.”

“I still feel really good about the team and roster,” he added. “I mean, you don’t have a situation where there are glaring spots occurring. Of course, you’d love for the pitching to be a little better, but I think you’re just seeing a number of things that appear to be unusual, one-off situations in April. At least I hope so.
Like I said - we're back to the Matheny "Hope as a Plan" era.

If something isn't working - just hope harder. That's gonna fix it.

This entire season was based on precisely that. Mikolas and Wainwright won't age. Matz will suddenly be good. Flaherty will stay healthy and recover stuff he hasn't had for 3 years. Hicks will suddenly start missing bats, Cabrera will find command. The whole damn thing was a total house of cards based on nothing but hope.

We've been here. We've seen this. And we had largely started working our way out of it when we fired the guy who objected to maintaining that approach going forward.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:01 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
At this point, you just have to hope that the team will be .500 by the end of the season. There's no doubt that the "Cardinal Way" is obsolete with no life in the team. Perhaps this season needed to happen for changes to be made. Mo is still an idiot for not trading for Soto with the extra OF that we have or trading for SP with the same excess OF that we have. I plan on going to another 7-8 games this year so hopefully they win at least one. So far I'm 0-2 in games this year.
Why would you hope for .500? Good lord that's like the worst possible scenerio
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:39 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Like I said - we're back to the Matheny "Hope as a Plan" era.

If something isn't working - just hope harder. That's gonna fix it.

This entire season was based on precisely that. Mikolas and Wainwright won't age. Matz will suddenly be good. Flaherty will stay healthy and recover stuff he hasn't had for 3 years. Hicks will suddenly start missing bats, Cabrera will find command. The whole damn thing was a total house of cards based on nothing but hope.

We've been here. We've seen this. And we had largely started working our way out of it when we fired the guy who objected to maintaining that approach going forward.
Ollie will certainly call out his players but I bet he wouldn't say shit about Mo under any circumstances. The only thing worse than the blatant penny pinching is the undeserved confidence they try to use to cow the fans and the people in the organization. The real unfortunate thing is that shit is working.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:31 PM 05-03-2023
Here for Ohtani racking up 13 Ks and 6TB.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:27 PM 05-03-2023
Ohtani tried to give em a run and they refused to take it.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:45 PM 05-03-2023
lol these guys don't do anything good at all, they look like they're trying to lose on purpose
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:11 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
lol these guys don't do anything good at all, they look like they're trying to lose on purpose
Maybe they realized what we all realized years ago, without 100 losses and empty seats, nothing is changing.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:18 PM 05-03-2023
Finally some ****ing booing

Also, fuck it fire Oli too.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 120
« First < 131920212223 242526273373 > Last »
Up