ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 163
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergińo Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
TripleThreat 07:56 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
I follow the PL avidly, but have not watched an MLS match in years and years. Maybe you fellas can enlighten me.

I know that “MLS defending” has a historically been the punchline, but Zimmerman has apparently been named defender of the year in MLS several times recently… yet he makes such an egregious error in the biggest moment. Is the standard of defending still that low in MLS? Just a particularly bad mental error in a bad spot…?

If he’s going against prime Gareth Bale ok, understandable, but Bale is basically on a retirement tour at this point
I just don’t think he’s that good, I hate his style of defending personally. I also think him being in the MLS is just the cherry on the top for me. When you’re always the best player on the field with inferior completion I’m an avid believe that when you get to these top tournaments against these top players, you’re just not ready. Sometimes mentally, sometimes physically, sometimes both.
[Reply]
Womble 08:10 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
... USA has always had England's number especially recently whether England fans would admit it or not, the statistics of our past games don't lie.

They don't lie. You however....
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:12 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:

They don't lie. You however....
So England has never beaten the USA in a game that matters, is what you’re illustrating with that chart. Got it.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 08:17 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
So England has never beaten the USA in a game that matters, is what you’re illustrating with that chart. Got it.
Their case is full of INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY trophies!
[Reply]
Womble 08:22 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
It's a bullshit statement backed up by the facts. One win in 1950 (lmao) isn't having our number and the 'especially recently ' part is 4 losses and a draw in 5 games.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:26 AM 11-22-2022
Trying to argue that the USA is on same level as England is like arguing that UMKC is almost as good as KU.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 09:10 AM 11-22-2022
Few upsets happening today. That draw was surprising. Denmark definitely came into their own at the end there. Tunisia played well for a long time but they were holding on at the end.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:15 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Few upsets happening today. That draw was surprising. Denmark definitely came into their own at the end there. Tunisia played well for a long time but they were holding on at the end.
Well that bodes well for me. I have Mexico on a draw no bet so you gotta figure a favorite or two (staying away from France, too big a favorite) gets a win today.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:26 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
It's a bullshit statement backed up by the facts. One win in 1950 (lmao) isn't having our number and the 'especially recently ' part is 4 losses and a draw in 5 games.
Yeah, it’s nonsense obviously.

Drawing with England in a meaningful game like we did in 2010 would be a fantastic result.

As it stands we will probably advance or go out on goal difference, so I might take a 1-0 defeat to England right now if you offered it to me.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:33 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Yeah, it’s nonsense obviously.

Drawing with England in a meaningful game like we did in 2010 would be a fantastic result.

As it stands we will probably advance or go out on goal difference, so I might take a 1-0 defeat to England right now if you offered it to me.
Hard to see England not getting at least one more win in the group stage. If we can be the team to get a draw against them, we are excellently set up to advance. Need these pups to have the match of their lives on Friday. 1-0 L wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but it takes a lot our of our "hands".
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:39 AM 11-22-2022
That KSA/ARG match was incredible. 2-1 KSA.

ARG should have had 5 goals, but were offside 4 times.
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 09:50 AM 11-22-2022
man this mexico-poland match is huuuge now that argentina has lost.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-22-2022, 11:16 AM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee.
penguinz 11:17 AM 11-22-2022
Mexico always has a clutch keeper.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:22 AM 11-22-2022
Nice save Poland
[Reply]
bdj23 11:43 AM 11-22-2022
How tf did Argentina lose to those shitters?
[Reply]
Page 23 of 163
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up