ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 38
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:30 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No - you've been saying Andy Reid doesn't play rookies and that's why this turn key ass-kicker isn't making plays.

When it turns out he was TRYING to look for situations to get him the football but because the kid has a limited set of plays he can run at the moment, they weren't able to find the right time. Or when they did 'the defense didn't cooperate'. So for the record, those would've been Mecole Hardman Memorial "Schemed into space" yards so they don't count.

But yeah - you're all over it.
How many times did I say that the rookie excuse isn't for an entire season? Or did you not actually read my posts?

I'm using that as an excuse for the first 3 games, which I think is completely reasonable.

I have been saying throughout this thread that I fully expect his role to grow as the season goes on which is exactly what Andy is saying there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:31 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Hardman has a bum wheel. Im not sure what people are expecting him to do. Dude took an end-around and then limped off. It's looking like it'll be a pain management thing for him at least for a little while. And he's not a physical guy as it is.

Seems like an excellent chance to give a young guy some reps but that didn't happen.
It's EXACTLY the scenario where you'd expect to see Moore as a bigger part of the gameplan if it were something Reid were looking to prioritize.

But he isn't. Despite the fact that he's done exactly this sort of thing with rookies in the past.

And there's SOME reason for that. Sure sounds like he needs a 'package of plays' to generate production so maybe he's not ready yet. {gasp}

"it's almost as if this is exactly what I've been saying!"
[Reply]
RunKC 01:32 PM 09-26-2022
Hardman has a bum wheel. Im not sure what people are expecting him to do. Dude took an end-around and then limped off. It's looking like it'll be a pain management thing for him at least for a little while. And he's not a physical guy as it is.

Seems like an excellent chance to give a young guy some reps but that didn't happen.
I agree. This post is pretty damning towards Andy and EB

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The Chiefs had a set of plays designed for Skyy Moore this week, but didn't use them.

[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:33 PM 09-26-2022

When it turns out he was TRYING to look for situations to get him the football but because the kid has a limited set of plays he can run at the moment, they weren't able to find the right time. Or when they did 'the defense didn't cooperate'.
Sounded like bullshit coach speak to me.

"Couldn't find the right time" aka we didn't build up a lead to have time to fuck around.

Because in a game where we scored 17 points there wasn't a "right time" to unleash these plays?

Any sort of moment to generate offense seemed like the right time.

They were so badly in need of offense they busted out the goddamn flea flicker.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:36 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I agree. This post is pretty damning towards Andy and EB
It could just as easily be considered damning towards Moore.

Besides, I think they may just be running a little cover for the kid. He was NOT in a good mindset after that first punt gack and the 2nd punt pretty clearly demonstrated it.

It's possible they were just trying to keep things from snowballing on him. Because all else being equal, it does seem like a perfect opportunity and if they had a package for him, that suggests they might have realized that as well.

But then they shelved them. So is it some nebulous "well our 1st downs weren't great" answer or is it just as likely (if not moreso) that it was really "hey, we don't want to further mind-fuck the kid and if he's not in a great state of mind right now, it only increases the odds of that sort of thing happening..."

And that's especially the case if they intended to keep him on the return unit. I mean if he drops/fumbles a ball and then a couple minutes later has to field ANOTHER punt...yikes. That's just a disaster waiting to happen, especially with as poorly as Indy was moving the football.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:36 PM 09-26-2022
Flea Flicker: Right play at the right time.

Moore package: Naaaaah.

Highly suspect.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:36 PM 09-26-2022
And rumors were they wanted to get him on the field. They knew what they had. And suffice to say, a QB has a lot more to learn than a WR.

Never mind the politics at play with Alex Smith.
I am not disagreeing with you just pointing it out. If Skyy continues to not get many snaps\targets\receptions as the season progresses we have a problem.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:38 PM 09-26-2022
Sounded like bullshit coach speak to me.

"Couldn't find the right time" aka we didn't build up a lead to have time to fuck around.

Because in a game where we scored 17 points there wasn't a "right time" to unleash these plays?

Any sort of moment to generate offense seemed like the right time.

They were so badly in need of offense they busted out the goddamn flea flicker.
Also a possibility and an even less flattering one.

"Well we couldn't pull out the blowout scripts so we didn't get the ball to him..."

In either event, kinda hard to take that at face value. As you noted, it doesn't really pass the sniff test.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:38 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
This was my argument when everyone wanted to "load up on defense".
Also mine, but a lot of people were furious at the idea of using a high pick on a WR. I honestly liked Moore and I'm hopeful, but 100% this needs to be a team loaded on offence and just doing enough on D. Unless there is an insane DE that falls into our laps I hope the 2023 draft is focused on WR and OT.

All the rest in Chris' OP I could get behind, I'd add some new ideas on the OL and general offence to that list. I'm all about Wanogho. It'll probably be a car crash but I wanna see the Prince become a King!
[Reply]
JPH83 01:40 PM 09-26-2022

"Well we couldn't pull out the blowout scripts so we didn't get the ball to him..."

In either event, kinda hard to take that at face value. As you noted, it doesn't really pass the sniff test.
It's normally been on the other side of the ball but it's not like this coaching staff hasn't somewhat of a history of baffling personnel choices.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:40 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Also mine, but a lot of people were furious at the idea of using a high pick on a WR. I honestly liked Moore and I'm hopeful, but 100% this needs to be a team loaded on offence and just doing enough on D. Unless there is an insane DE that falls into our laps I hope the 2023 draft is focused on WR and OT.

All the rest in Chris' OP I could get behind, I'd add some new ideas on the OL and general offence to that list. I'm all about Wanogho. It'll probably be a car crash but I wanna see the Prince become a King!
Wanogho only got 8 snaps yesterday, but he didn't look bad at all.

I'd like to see more of him.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:40 PM 09-26-2022

The flea flicker play, man. The moment they busted that out i knew shit wasn't going well.

When do you see the Chiefs run some unoriginal gimmick shit like that under Mahomes?

That play SCREEEEEAMED, "we gotta figure out some real gimicky shit to get our guys open".

That was a really troubling play for them to run, imo.

Coupled with the fake punt.....fuck me if the playcalling wasn't starting to feel a bit desperate.

And why would the coaches call some minor-league offense shit like that? Because dudes weren't getting open with traditional routes....
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:43 PM 09-26-2022
The flea flicker play, man. The moment they busted that out i knew shit wasn't going well.

When do you see the Chiefs run some unoriginal gimmick shit like that under Mahomes?

That play SCREEEEEAMED, "we gotta figure out some real gimicky shit to get our guys open".

Coupled with the fake punt.....fuck me if the playcalling wasn't starting to feel a bit desperate.
I was reminded of the Patriots going to flea-flickers and shit when they couldn't move the ball and how we all said "Look man - these guys KNOW they can't win straight up..."

Pawnmower, in his brilliance, advised me to fornicate myself.

It was extremely apparent in real time that play was a harbinger of some real 'oh shit, what now?' thought processes from the coaching staff but you just can't get some folks to pay attention these days...
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:44 PM 09-26-2022
I was reminded of the Patriots going to flea-flickers and shit when they couldn't move the ball and how we all said "Look man - these guys KNOW they can't win straight up..."
Exactly. Patriots entered my head too.

That play was an eye opener.
[Reply]
TEX 01:45 PM 09-26-2022

And why would the coaches call some minor-league offense shit like that? Because dudes weren't getting open with traditional routes....
True, and I felt the same way, but it worked...:-)
[Reply]
Page 23 of 38
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up