ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 35
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Bryan Cook Thread*****
Dante84 07:18 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Cook was the third-most valuable safety in college football in 2021 #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/PpjLYjZwK5

— Eric Eager ���� (@PFF_Eric) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 10:39 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, they don't even have the same skillset. Cook is not replacing Thornhill. If they let Thornhill go, they're going to be shopping for a new safety.
Yeah, I don't agree. Cook isn't coming down playing the Sorenson role, that's Reid.

Cook is Thornhill's replacement.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:44 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Not trying to pick on Bolton, but watch those two and notice the difference in speed. Holy shit Cook is fast.
Bolton is also standing flat-footed to read the play while Cook has come 3 full strides to get to speed before Bolton can turn and run. Yeah, Cook is faster than Bolton (duh; he's a DB vs. a LB) but he also had the advantage of several steps to get up to speed.

I'm mostly intrigued by what Cook saw that allowed him to sell out early like that. Did he have a spy on that RB out of the backfield? Because he was off like a shot almost immediately.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:19 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Bolton is also standing flat-footed to read the play while Cook has come 3 full strides to get to speed before Bolton can turn and run. Yeah, Cook is faster than Bolton (duh; he's a DB vs. a LB) but he also had the advantage of several steps to get up to speed.

I'm mostly intrigued by what Cook saw that allowed him to sell out early like that. Did he have a spy on that RB out of the backfield? Because he was off like a shot almost immediately.
I think he read Burrow's eyes and likely noted the receivers on his half were half-assing their routes.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:07 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Man, I just don’t know how he could still have the stiff attribute after the game swinging play he made at one of the most pivotal moments in the championship game. We were all begging Tyrann or even Jones to make just one play like that to swing last year’s game. But this year, it was a rookie who stepped up when the lights were brightest (while Jones had a redemption game of his own, ofc).
Good play by him. Also had some bad plays. Time will tell. Still rooting for him & every other “rookie” on the squad.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:10 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Terrible take.
Plenty more where that came from. You still seem nice. Hugs. :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:36 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Likable guy, but drafted too high in my eyes. Maybe the Senior Bowl gave him some added draft boost. Who knows? Seems a little stiff and not very instinctual at the NFL level. Maybe that will come with experience. He is a thumper and his aggressiveness is a plus. I wish him much success. Truly hope that he proves me wrong & merits that draft pick. Even if he is from Cinci. :-)
The **** does "drafted too high in my eyes" mean? Where "should" a guy with his talents be drafted (and still assure the Chiefs that he isn't drafted by another team)?

Unbelievable.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:36 PM 02-01-2023
Cook has been a very nice surprise playing deep; his book after the draft said that he was a liability there but was a good downhill safety. So this expansion of his capabilities has been a huge plus for the secondary especially over the last two months or so. As a replacement for Dirty Dan, if that's really how Spags sees him, has been a nice upgrade in speed, coverage ability and tackling, for certain.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:42 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The **** does "drafted too high in my eyes" mean? Where "should" a guy with his talents be drafted (and still assure the Chiefs that he isn't drafted by another team)?

Unbelievable.
Too high is drafterbator for “I didn’t have him going that early”.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:52 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The **** does "drafted too high in my eyes" mean? Where "should" a guy with his talents be drafted (and still assure the Chiefs that he isn't drafted by another team)? Unbelievable.
Have a sip of your Octoberfest pixie's beer and believe it. (Wonder how old she is now after all these years. God bless her.) Chiefs are going to the SB, so lighten up Francis.

Based on Cook's college career, draft profile, Chiefs' draft position/needs and other teams' draft needs: I would have taken a chance & traded back to get Cook or Joseph Kerby (taken R3, #97 overall). Assuming that a trade partner could be found. But the draft is a crapshoot. Lots of hard to define variables. One easy to define variable is that the Chiefs had already signed Bush. That was no doubt part of the calculus. So I am happy to defer to Mr. Veach. He's the expert on all things Chiefs. (After all these years, it's a sweet thing to have adults running the show at Arrowhead. I'm so very thankful to have a GM who isn't a narcissistic blowhard cursing out top draft picks and their agents or playing hall monitor to candy bar wrappers. All the while doing God's work in running this franchise.) That said, Chiefs are AFC Champions and heading to the SB. I'm not losing sleep over any of the draft picks... even if I wouldn't have taken Cook in the 2nd round.

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Too high is drafterbator for “I didn’t have him going that early”.
I'm a Master Drafterbater. And I'm taking the GF and her twin sister to Belize to watch the SB. Two finer butts you've never seen. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 AM 02-03-2023

This is an elite play by Cook

Knows the situation (3rd & 3; elite slant WR in the outside lane)

Positions for the slant but then recovers with serious speed and the finish on the football is as good as you will see anywhere pic.twitter.com/2w3S3mPzLM

— Bryan Stewart (@BryanStewart_) February 3, 2023

[Reply]
O.city 09:57 AM 02-03-2023
That's just a hell of a play. High safety jumps the slant, realizes it's a s and go and turns and runs and finds the ball and makes a play on it.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:09 AM 02-03-2023
Cook is going to be good

Sometimes we forget we are starting 4 rookie DBs or at least we have significant snap counts.

Honestly think Snead is going to price out, and we will draft another DB and sign a vet in off-season
[Reply]
tredadda 12:29 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Cook is going to be good

Sometimes we forget we are starting 4 rookie DBs or at least we have significant snap counts.

Honestly think Snead is going to price out, and we will draft another DB and sign a vet in off-season
That will suck. He is so versatile in this defense.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:36 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, I don't agree. Cook isn't coming down playing the Sorenson role, that's Reid.

Cook is Thornhill's replacement.
I’m not sure about this.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:53 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I’m not sure about this.
Have people forgotten that Spagnuolo preferred to start Sorenson over Thornhill for damn near half a season and only made the switch after multiple game swinging fuckups by Sorenson. I just don't think Thornhill is though of that highly in the organization. Maybe he takes at or near vet min to stay but other than that he's probably gone.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 35
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up