ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 57
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cincinnati Bengals (AFC Championship Edition)
TLO 08:59 PM 01-23-2022
Discussion
[Reply]
Lzen 12:54 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Looks like perfect weather in the forecast for Sunday 46 degrees wind 5 mph Sunny
Oh, man. I hope that holds. Little to no wind will make me very happy.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:55 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
How many of the 18 losers were road teams? That seems like it would be important.
Or how many of them went on to play a lower ranked team than they beat in OT?

For instance, how many 3 seeds beat a 2 in OT then had to play the 1 seed (normally the best team in the conference)?

Or what about a 5 seed beating a 4 then going on the road to the 1 seed?

The Chiefs are going from playing the 3 seed to playing the 4 seed.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:55 PM 01-26-2022
How many of the 18 losers were road teams? That seems like it would be important.
Yeah, I heard that stat on an NFL Network show. Sounds like just another stat to draw more interest in the game.
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 12:57 PM 01-26-2022
The good news about defending Burrow and the Bengals is you don't have to worry about much scrambling. He's nearly a statue in the pocket. Awesome arm of course. But, we certainly don't need to commit any defenders to spying him. Focus on all the weapons (especially Chase).
[Reply]
Lzen 12:58 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Bill Cowher shows us how he schemed to beat Cincy in a Playoff Game, from 2006:
I don't like that video. And that is why they give you a 15 yard penalty for going low on a QB.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:59 PM 01-26-2022
This is why I worry about Cincy. The whole AFC North has a reputation for dirty play.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:01 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesKnows:
The good news about defending Burrow and the Bengals is you don't have to worry about much scrambling. He's nearly a statue in the pocket. Awesome arm of course. But, we certainly don't need to commit any defenders to spying him. Focus on all the weapons (especially Chase).
They just stated on NFLN that Burrow was the number 1 rated QB under pressure this year and has a completion percentage of over 78%.

We gotta be careful and I would expect Spags to know that. Our LB's need to have a great game.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:32 PM 01-26-2022

Andy Reid said the lone player who didn't practice today was Tyrann Mathieu (concussion protocol).

Rashad Fenton (back) did participate in today's practice.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) January 26, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:38 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That's not terrible news. He's not allowed to practice until he clears the protocol. He could actually be good to go but until the doctors clear him, nothing can happen.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:39 PM 01-26-2022
That's not terrible news. He's not allowed to practice until he clears the protocol. He could actually be good to go but until the doctors clear him, nothing can happen.
Yep. And Fenton practicing is definitely good news.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:44 PM 01-26-2022
Yep and Andy gave a very encouraging description of his progress…

Andy Reid said #Chiefs safety Tyrann Mathieu is the only player who did not work out on Wednesday ahead of the AFC Title.

CB Rashad Fenton and RB Darrel Williams did work in some capacity.

Mathieu is “feeling very well,” per Reid. Great signs for the #Chiefs.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) January 26, 2022

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 01:51 PM 01-26-2022
Pringle feeling chippy
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:05 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
They just stated on NFLN that Burrow was the number 1 rated QB under pressure this year and has a completion percentage of over 78%.

We gotta be careful and I would expect Spags to know that. Our LB's need to have a great game.
And every team to win 9 games by double digits in the regular season won the Super Bowl.

Until Buffalo didn’t.

I don’t really give a shit.
[Reply]
eDave 02:25 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And every team to win 9 games by double digits in the regular season won the Super Bowl.

Until Buffalo didn’t.

I don’t really give a shit.
Allen was 10-0 on coin flips. Until he went 0-2.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:28 PM 01-26-2022
Watched the second half possessions again this afternoon.

The Chiefs actually had good rhythms in all 3 possessions. The first two stalled due to drops by the Chiefs (including a tough second-down drop by Kelce on the first one that directly preceded the near pick by Cincinnati) and a hold on third-and-short on the second one.

Third possession, nice job by the Bengals to show pressure and bring it when Mahomes clearly thought it was a bluff. This led to a third-down incomplete with no real chance to succeed due to the pressure and a FG.

I've seen some Bengals fans suggest they adjusted and that's what slowed the KC offense. I can buy that on the third-down pass right before the FG, but that's really the only time the Bengals did something different.

It really is more, based on reviewing again, about the Chiefs making mistakes than anything the Bengals did.

SO much went right in this matchup for the Bengals. A good portion of it great plays by Chase and Burrow. But the number of drive-extending penalties against KC, and the drops BY KC were incredibly influential and unlikely to recur.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 57
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up