ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 32
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>COVID Memo from the NFL
Sassy Squatch 11:36 AM 07-22-2021

Here’s more from today’s memo, which also says the team responsible for a canceled game because of an outbreak among unvaccinated players/staff will be responsible for financial losses and subject to potential discipline from the commissioner. Wow. pic.twitter.com/Q86a2WcG1K

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) July 22, 2021

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:44 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Wait a minute.

This video is from January 2021. This was back when the vaccine was being developed. This video is asking who should be in the front of the line. And the people arguing was that infected Americans should not be at the front of the line.

That argument doesn't matter anymore. There's no line.

What argument, exactly, do you think this video is making?
I just like that these two pro-vaccine people don't lie about natural immunity not existing.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:45 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Thankfully they are all vaccinated
Sticking your covid dick in them doesn’t count.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:47 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I just like that these two pro-vaccine people don't lie about natural immunity not existing.
I don't think anybody is. Like, literally none of them are.

I think they're saying that it pales in comparison to vaccines.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:53 PM 07-23-2021
I don't think anybody is. Like, literally none of them are.

I think they're saying that it pales in comparison to vaccines.
They?

Usually they just ignore it.

Natural infection vs vaccination: Which gives more protection?
Nearly 40% of new COVID patients were vaccinated - compared to just 1% who had been infected previously.

Coronavirus patients who recovered from the virus were far less likely to become infected during the latest wave of the pandemic than people who were vaccinated against COVID, according to numbers presented to the Israeli Health Ministry.

Health Ministry data on the wave of COVID outbreaks which began this May show that Israelis with immunity from natural infection were far less likely to become infected again in comparison to Israelis who only had immunity via vaccination.

More than 7,700 new cases of the virus have been detected during the most recent wave starting in May, but just 72 of the confirmed cases were reported in people who were known to have been infected previously – that is, less than 1% of the new cases.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/N...ws.aspx/309762
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:02 PM 07-23-2021
Not as good as vaccination, though. The breakthrough rate of people who are vaccinated is much lower than people who have been previously infected.
Do you have a source on this? I've been legitimately curious about this for a while.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:04 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't. :-)

If I'd had COVID, my wife would probably insist that I get vaccinated but I wouldn't consider someone a "dumbass" for not getting it after they've had the virus.
The problem is what level of "having the virus" counts? If someone was asymptomatic but tested positive, will they still have lasting immunity? It seems not based on a lot of the reports of people being infected twice. IE - one of the infections was usually asymptomatic.

So now you say the person had to get sick. Ok how sick? It gets into grey areas.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:11 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The problem is what level of "having the virus" counts? If someone was asymptomatic but tested positive, will they still have lasting immunity? It seems not based on a lot of the reports of people being infected twice. IE - one of the infections was usually asymptomatic.

So now you say the person had to get sick. Ok how sick? It gets into grey areas.
I wasn’t asymptomatic

I’m young, healthy, and exercise regularly. I’ll take my chances for now, and I’m not against getting vaccinated at some point.

I’ll be fine.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:13 PM 07-23-2021
@ByNateTaylor: Andy Reid said the Chiefs are 1 of 6 teams in the NFL right now that have close to 90 percent of their players vaccinated.
[Reply]
SAGA45 01:26 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Cool...so the NFL is trying to implement coercion. What they are attempting to do is illegal...but loopholed as "were not "forcing" you to take it BUT......"

The moment a player has an adverse reaction to the vaccine...is the moment they get sued through the eyeballs. They'll probably get sued regardless.

This inst going to stand...I give it 48 hours.
It's a safe bet that there's a required waiver protecting the league...same as the one that protects the vaccine manufacturers. If there isn't I'd be shocked.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:30 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
They?

Usually they just ignore it.

Natural infection vs vaccination: Which gives more protection?

Nearly 40% of new COVID patients were vaccinated - compared to just 1% who had been infected previously.

Coronavirus patients who recovered from the virus were far less likely to become infected during the latest wave of the pandemic than people who were vaccinated against COVID, according to numbers presented to the Israeli Health Ministry.

Health Ministry data on the wave of COVID outbreaks which began this May show that Israelis with immunity from natural infection were far less likely to become infected again in comparison to Israelis who only had immunity via vaccination.

More than 7,700 new cases of the virus have been detected during the most recent wave starting in May, but just 72 of the confirmed cases were reported in people who were known to have been infected previously – that is, less than 1% of the new cases.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/N...ws.aspx/309762
We are not in Isreal and they are an outlier.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:41 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
We are not in Isreal and they are an outlier.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Tell that to the UK
[Reply]
jdubya 01:44 PM 07-23-2021
Here we go:

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/333913...n-fired-covid/

THE MINNESOTA Vikings assistant coach has reportedly been fired for refusing to get the Covid vaccine.
[Reply]
In58men 01:46 PM 07-23-2021
The #Bucs placed starting safety Jordan Whitehead on the reserve/COVID-19 list. He won’t be on the field when camp begins.
[Reply]
In58men 01:47 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Here we go:

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/333913...n-fired-covid/

THE MINNESOTA Vikings assistant coach has reportedly been fired for refusing to get the Covid vaccine.
There will be lawyers. If he’s willing to wear a mask, I don’t see the reasoning to fire him.
[Reply]
eDave 01:48 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
There will be lawyers. If he’s willing to wear a mask, I don’t see the reasoning to fire him.
It's mandatory for their front office. He's got a lot of tenure so I'm sure there is a team out there willing to hire his unvaccinated ass. /s
[Reply]
Page 23 of 32
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up