ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 32
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Jarran Reed
Sassy Squatch 06:10 PM 03-28-2021

Source: #Seahawks DL Jarran Reed is headed to the #Chiefs on a 1-year deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 29, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 07:39 PM 03-29-2021
I can’t see it but when you start really looking it’s not really crazy for slot of them to go. Teams have caught on to needing two really good tackles and the other premium positions in this draft are a bit lacking. There’s not a lot of DEs going early, after the 4 or so qbs there’s a drop.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:40 PM 03-29-2021
Darrisaw is the fit for our offense but we'll see how it goes.
[Reply]
O.city 07:46 PM 03-29-2021
I appreciate the discussion here guys. It’s all good either way with me, just glad to discuss opinions cordially.
[Reply]
In58men 07:49 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I appreciate the discussion here guys. It’s all good either way with me, just glad to discuss opinions cordially.
I just like to see others have fun here.
[Reply]
poolboy 08:05 PM 03-29-2021
Our dline is gonna be special..Frank will prob ball out on the last year of his contract
[Reply]
staylor26 08:08 PM 03-29-2021
The raiders probably need a tackle. The eagles if they don’t like Dillard etc
The Raiders need a lot more than a RT.

I don’t see them going that direction in the 1st. It wouldn’t make a lot of sense after what they did, considering all of the needs on defense and a deep OL class.

The Eagles are absolutely not taking a T. They have Dillard and Mailata who they really like.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:26 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I say this every year, and every year it's true.

Everybody can't go in the first round. All this 'rising draft stock' crap is just that.

1/3 of the first round is not going to be offensive tackles.
Half of them are right tackles.

Some of the left tackles move better than others and our offense requires a LT to be able to do a lot, so athletic ability is at a premium.

I doubt Veach has more than 4 of these guys pegged as a long term fit for us at LT.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:26 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I really like this just like the Thuney signing. Maybe not getting Trent Williams was a blessing. You can get 3 quality players for the money we would've spent on him.
The Bill Belichick mantra.

He's always filled the roster with mid-level FAs instead of overpaying for top-tier. It gave him a solid team just about everywhere, every year. As much as one hates the Patriot Way, it worked out pretty fucking well for him when he had a QB.
[Reply]
O.city 08:55 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Raiders need a lot more than a RT.

I don’t see them going that direction in the 1st. It wouldn’t make a lot of sense after what they did, considering all of the needs on defense and a deep OL class.

The Eagles are absolutely not taking a T. They have Dillard and Mailata who they really like.
They may not. Just saying how there could be a run on tackles and it wouldn’t be shocking
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:57 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, yeah, but your point was signing a veteran LT gives them a better chance at getting the right LT in the draft. I fail to see how they correlate at all. Veach and Reid probably already have their draftboard set and signing a stopgap won't change that.
Yep. They are gonna draft a LT. At this point they could have already signed those guys people keep talking about and if they wanted to do that they would have by now or we'd have heard something at the very least. Probably will trade up during the draft.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:17 PM 03-29-2021
This looks to be a great addition to the defense. We need to get more pressure on the QB than we did last year.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:31 PM 03-30-2021
For a qb, fine.

Any other position, you shouldn’t be taking developmental prospects that early or atleast trading up for one
Based on what, exactly?

It's quite possible that there's a virtual offseason and if that's the case, any rookie penciled in as a Week 1 starter is going to be a bit behind the 8 Ball because they will not have participated in OTA's, Rookie Minicamp and required Minicamps, so it makes sense to have a temporary placeholder until those guys are up to speed.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:50 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Darrisaw is the fit for our offense but we'll see how it goes.
I am HOPEFUL he drops to a range we can move up to get him or Cosmi.

Darrisaw only did position drills at his pro day, so his lacking measurables will possibly cause him to drop a little.

Doubtful, but a few highly respected scouts (including Daniel Jeremiah) moved him down the board after his pro day and have him going in the 20s.

I’d be THRILLED with him as the pick, even if it costs a future first to make the pick.

I see him as a guy that can make lots of pro bowls at LT and to get him for a cheap rookie contract would be better than signing Silverback (who Darrisaw compares to imo)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:16 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Yep. They are gonna draft a LT. At this point they could have already signed those guys people keep talking about and if they wanted to do that they would have by now or we'd have heard something at the very least. Probably will trade up during the draft.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
That's what people were saying about center...

Until today.

There's still a month before the draft. Anything can happen.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:17 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I am HOPEFUL he drops to a range we can move up to get him or Cosmi.

Darrisaw only did position drills at his pro day, so his lacking measurables will possibly cause him to drop a little.

Doubtful, but a few highly respected scouts (including Daniel Jeremiah) moved him down the board after his pro day and have him going in the 20s.

I’d be THRILLED with him as the pick, even if it costs a future first to make the pick.

I see him as a guy that can make lots of pro bowls at LT and to get him for a cheap rookie contract would be better than signing Silverback (who Darrisaw compares to imo)
He's not getting past the Chargers.

Sewell to the Bengals, Slater to the Cowboys, Darrisaw to the Chargers. We'd have to trade up to 12, which isn't happening.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 32
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up