ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 142
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Patriots
cmh6476 01:38 PM 01-13-2019
too soon?
[Reply]
Ken Bone 08:17 PM 01-14-2019
I hope Bob Sutton was taking notes yesterday.

He needs to play man to man, double cover Edelman and put someone fast on White. Force Brady to beat us by throwing down field. If we do that, we win.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:19 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by BostonCheatriots:
No I was just googling to see his status and there were articles that said he could play...Arrowhead addict the source...Also Chiefswire
Realistically no one knows. He could certainly play. I'd say the odds are somewhere between 25-35%. But Chiefs fans are exhausted with the entire saga and would much rather assume the worst.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:29 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by LGOLED:
Saying that the Chiefs will score less than 20 is not a plan, it's a prediction.

Let me know if you've got any other questions about proper grammar and vocabulary.

This will not happen.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:38 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
This will not happen.
That guy is a fucking moron, like give “idiot of the year” a run for his money stupid.

Chiefs since Andy Reid has been here have averaged 35+ points vs the patriots
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:56 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
That guy is a ****ing moron, like give “idiot of the year” a run for his money stupid.

Chiefs since Andy Reid has been here have averaged 35+ points vs the patriots
yeah, that's just nuts. Less than 20, at home? Nope. No way. Not even in a whiteout blizzard.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:03 PM 01-14-2019
not that anyone specifically asked-

But as far as I'm concerned, we're playing with house money. My hope for the season was that Mahomes would play well and that we would win a play-off game against an actual NFL QB. (Brian Hoyer does not count.)

We broke the Colts curse, Mahomes is the MVP, the future is oh-so-fucking-bright.

I'm glad it's Brady and Belichick. I want the GOAT. Let's see if we're really THERE or not. Let's measure up to the best there has ever been. Let's see where we are.

If we lose, well, it won't hurt like other seasons. I KNOW we're just at the beginning of a great ride. I KNOW we'll be better in 2019 than 2018.

Don't get me wrong, I want to WIN. BAD. I want OUR TIME to begin NOW. But, if it's not yet, then that's alright.

Now let's go shove the football up Brady's ass.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:11 PM 01-14-2019
The last two times we pummeled the patriots, it was because our linebackers hung out close to the line of scrimmage, we played hard-core man-to-man, and justin houston dropped back in to short coverage to make the pick-play crossing route WRs pay dearly with some big-time hits.

With our d-line, do it again.....take your chances with the deep ball (that brady no longer legitimately has in his arsenal - especially with the cold weather).
[Reply]
RoyalsFan17 09:30 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Their dynasty is about to die nasty

Said every Eagles fan last year. Yet, they get to watch the Patriots, Chiefs, Rams and Saints play this weekend.
[Reply]
Jerok 09:32 PM 01-14-2019
If Saints win, Patriots win for the old guard fight.
If Rams win, Chiefs win for the up and comer fight.

But the NFL isn't rigged so Saints vs Chiefs superbowl
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:47 PM 01-14-2019
Chiefs need to stop their running game more than anything. Sony Michel had 130yds w/ a TD hat trick. That partially may be due to Chargers def gameplan playing zone coverage w/ 7-8 DB's, but it's important KC makes a statement early and stops them running the ball.

If the temp is going to be hovering around 0deg, I highly doubt Brady is going to chuckin it downfield much. He's a dink n dunker at this stage in his career anyways...and this year especially.

He doesn't have the arm to toss the rock in the cold anymore.
[Reply]
Oh Snap 09:54 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Ken Bone:
I hope Bob Sutton was taking notes yesterday.

He needs to play man to man, double cover Edelman and put someone fast on White. Force Brady to beat us by throwing down field. If we do that, we win.
37 of bradys passes were within 5 yards against the chargers. I cant believe they stayed with that base zone defense for most of the game. They just let brady pick them apart. Along with applying no pressure, they basically just let the Patriots do what they wanted.

Getting pressure up the middle and outside is where the chiefs strength is. Get after brady and make him uncomfortable in the pocket while playing press man on the receivers is how you beat the patriots offense.

Another thing about brady is his cadance and how he really comes to rely on it when they're home. Tuff to take that on the road in a place like arrowhead where no one will be able to hear anything. Bradys legs/footwork is what's going. Not his arm. Take away his pocket and make him uncomfortable and he will be off his game.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:13 PM 01-14-2019
I find myself in a state of disbelief every time I read something from a pats fan.

I find it hard to believe that so many of them are the fastest sperm their daddy shot into an egg if their mother that was obviously expired eggs.

That said.....Saturday you'll fall asleep a pats fan.....you'll wake up Monday like the rest of the civilized world...a PAT fan.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 10:43 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
But as far as I'm concerned, we're playing with house money.
Noooooooooo.

Pe.

We're at home. We're favored. And we're the better team.

Yeah, we'll be here more years than not for the next 10-15 years. But that doesn't make me -- or all these guys, especially the ones who won't be around for that time -- want it any less right now.
[Reply]
Oh Snap 10:47 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I find myself in a state of disbelief every time I read something from a pats fan.

I find it hard to believe that so many of them are the fastest sperm their daddy shot into an egg if their mother that was obviously expired eggs.

That said.....Saturday you'll fall asleep a pats fan.....you'll wake up Monday like the rest of the civilized world...a PAT fan.
The patriots were 3-5 on the road this year. All their losses came on the road to shitty teams. They are not a road team. I know everyone talks about brady in the playoffs and how its different. At NE it is different. His AFCC games on the road, however, are...3-5. This is manifest destiny.

Also, the Patriots had the 27th hardest schedule in the NFL in 2018. They had the 6th easiest schedule, and managed to go 11-5. They are not some juggernaut powerhouse. They played a perfect puntless game against the chiefs in week 6. They played flawless and still only won in their stadium by 3...

Mahomes had 2 INT's in the redzone and had a few early passes where he missed wide open receivers streaking to the endzone. I think they both might have been overthrows to Hunt on two separate drives. We also had plenty of stupid penalties.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:48 PM 01-14-2019
Without mentioning the past, I haven’t heard a compelling reason to pick the Patriots in this one.

The Patriots suck on the road this year. The Chiefs are great at home.

The Chiefs will have no problem scoring on the Patriots. The Chiefs have arguably the best trio of pass rushers in the league. The Chiefs have the advantage at QB, WR, and TE this year.

I just don’t see the undeniable advantage for the Patriots.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 142
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up