« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239279 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:33 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
This is also such a bullshit response. What's the point of even being here discussing anything if that's your response? If whatever they do is correct and not worth discussing.....what's our purpose here?
Yeah, Pitt can kindly get fucked with that nonsense.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:40 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You should probably tell Andy. Unbelievable that he's doing the wrong thing here.
Never understood this argument. We can love the hell out of Andy and veach while recognizing they’re not perfect. We had a year of info on skyy and yet made the mistake of planning around him being a primary target. We also sat on ceh way longer than we should have. I trust he will make the right call but he’s not infallible.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:10 AM 10-03-2023
:-) that's literally all Pitt Gorilla brings to the board, though. "Herp derp, ____ fan is dumb, herp derp"
[Reply]
tredadda 09:16 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh stuff it, jesus christ.

One can disagree with the regime on a chatboard, ace.

Or should we also keep sending Skyy Moore out there for 75% of the routes and using Clyde Edwards Helaire on outside zone runs?
I wonder if Moore’s low number of targets are a product of him being unable to get open or Pat not trusting him. If it’s him not getting open that is a big problem. Trust can be earned in time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:20 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I wonder if Moore’s low number of targets are a product of him being unable to get open or Pat not trusting him. If it’s him not getting open that is a big problem. Trust can be earned in time.
I think he struggles to get open while staying on time.

Just a complete layperson's view of things, but it's what I see.

Like I said above - the twitter thread where he jerks inside and foot fires before making his break outside had people swooning but that's not really a great route to be running in a timing offense. You took a false step to get your outside release and in so doing, pushed the timing off if that's a rhythm throw.

Now it was a backside throw so it really wasn't timing specific, but it's still the kind of route where you'd really prefer see him get that separation in a single movement. And that's how he'd have had to have done it on the out route he dicked up on Sunday because that WAS a front-side/timing route.

And low and behold, he didn't get much separation nor did he run a decent route.

It just looks more and more to me like he's simply not very good. He's a collection of mediocre traits that will make for a mediocre player that's exactly as good as the space Andy can create for him. And that's IF he stops getting lazy with his routes.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:25 AM 10-03-2023
I think he struggles to get open while staying on time.

Just a complete layperson's view of things, but it's what I see.

Like I said above - the twitter thread where he jerks inside and foot fires before making his break outside had people swooning but that's not really a great route to be running in a timing offense. You took a false step to get your outside release and in so doing, pushed the timing off if that's a rhythm throw.

Now it was a backside throw so it really wasn't timing specific, but it's still the kind of route where you'd really prefer see him get that separation in a single movement. And that's how he'd have had to have done it on the out route he dicked up on Sunday because that WAS a front-side/timing route.

And low and behold, he didn't get much separation nor did he run a decent route.

It just looks more and more to me like he's simply not very good. He's a collection of mediocre traits that will make for a mediocre player that's exactly as good as the space Andy can create for him. And that's IF he stops getting lazy with his routes.
Appreciate that feedback. I need to start watching that with him.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:57 AM 10-03-2023

Or should we also keep sending Skyy Moore out there for 75% of the routes and using Clyde Edwards Helaire on outside zone runs?
Agreed. I just want to be clear that the thinking is that Andy is misusing Rice.
[Reply]
O.city 10:03 AM 10-03-2023
No.

My thinking is that if you're drafting a guy in the first or second round, they shouldn't need to "sit and learn" and soak up a contract year. Guys learn by getting on the field and if they can't get on the field early, don't draft them.

Now someone will throw out "But Mahomes"
[Reply]
JPH83 10:05 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Never understood this argument. We can love the hell out of Andy and veach while recognizing they’re not perfect. We had a year of info on skyy and yet made the mistake of planning around him being a primary target. We also sat on ceh way longer than we should have. I trust he will make the right call but he’s not infallible.
There's a LOT of those sorts of "yOu ThInK YoU'Re BeTTeR ThaN ReID Do YOu?!" comments. Every thread, all the time. Same re Veach. It's dumb.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:07 AM 10-03-2023
OOOOOH So some of you know better than Reid and Veach, huh?

White Chicks GIFfrom White GIFs

[Reply]
Mecca 10:09 AM 10-03-2023

That's the one thing they do that annoys me to no end, if CEH had been a 5th round pick, he wouldn't even be on the team.

They are committed to giving CEH and Moore snaps because of draft position not what they do on the field.
[Reply]
Balto 10:25 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That's the one thing they do that annoys me to no end, if CEH had been a 5th round pick, he wouldn't even be on the team.

They are committed to giving CEH and Moore snaps because of draft position not what they do on the field.
Meh I don't agree.

CEH was down to 9% snaps this past week and I feel only played as much in the first few weeks because of Pacheco being a little banged up. Regardless of what people think of CEH being a wasted pick he is still a serviceable backup for Pacheco.

Moore, still young with lots of promise. Who is better than him on the roster at this point?
[Reply]
irafreak 10:27 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:

I think ceh gets snaps because he's bought and paid for. They could have cut him but it would cost cap space and you have to replace him. So they kept him for his final year because he knows the system and can soak up some snaps to keep the other two backs healthy for the homestretch.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:31 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by irafreak:
I think ceh gets snaps because he's bought and paid for. They could have cut him but it would cost cap space and you have to replace him. So they kept him for his final year because he knows the system and can soak up some snaps to keep the other two backs healthy for the homestretch.
Jerrick has clearly lost a step and Deneric did absolutely dick to earn a roster spot.

CEH is here because he's the 2nd best RB we've got.
[Reply]
jettio 10:32 AM 10-03-2023
Moore needs to use less energy celebrating after making a productive play for a first down.

He acts like he does not expect to make a better play later. Tone it down, dude.
[Reply]
Page 229 of 280
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239279 > Last »
Up