View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 229 of 343
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239279329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:04 PM 10-20-2022
We could still get a bit salty and call up Fisher. Hell, I'd do it just to give a bit of a sack tap and maybe wake him up a bit. Anything to try and pull some more of his potential out.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:13 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
We could still get a bit salty and call up Fisher. Hell, I'd do it just to give a bit of a sack tap and maybe wake him up a bit. Anything to try and pull some more of his potential out.
Fisher really has no interest in playing, according to a family member. He's turned down offers from like 9 teams already.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:17 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Fisher really has no interest in playing, according to a family member. He's turned down offers from like 9 teams already.
At least give the illusion we're signing him to start then. Poke and prod at those buttons until the real OBJ stands up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:18 PM 10-20-2022
At least give the illusion we're signing him to start then. Poke and prod at those buttons until the real OBJ stands up.
These guys aren't stupid, they know when they're being played and I highly doubt something like this would work to motivate anyone.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:22 PM 10-20-2022
These guys aren't stupid, they know when they're being played and I highly doubt something like this would work to motivate anyone.
Given how Brown conducted himself this offseason I'm not 100% certain about that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:23 PM 10-20-2022
Given how Brown conducted himself this offseason I'm not 100% certain about that.
Point taken.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:42 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think it would be really really difficult.

The timing of the routes are all completely different from shotgun vs. under center. And if you're going under center and running 80% of the time and then passing 90% of the time from the gun, you're telegraphing your play calling something awful.

I just don't think it's a realistic expectation in-season when you have weekly installs centered around the teams you're playing rather than 1,000 mile views and changes to the system.

That's very much building the plan while you're flying it. I just don't see it happening. There aren't enough practice reps to do weekly installs AND wholesale changes to the timing of your passing game.
I wondered about that. It’s just that as I was listening to that segment I couldn’t help think this fits our Tackles and running game spot on.
[Reply]
poolboy 04:48 PM 10-20-2022
sometimes you just have to let players go on there way...take the third round pick and dont look back...sometimes first round picks dont make it....its part of the game
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:51 PM 10-20-2022
Hell, if he takes enough of a step forward here soon enough a tag and trade could potentially be on the table, even if it is for a 2nd.
[Reply]
oldman 07:11 AM 10-21-2022
Brown was an All-Pro at RT, not LT. Sure, he played some games at LT, but his strength is on the right side. Moving him there gets rid of Wylie, therefore half the problem solved. Plus it frees up quite a bit of cash he's not earning. Seriously, does anyone believe he's worth Top 5 pay? You can't trade him, he's on the tag this year. Even if you do tag him there's no guarantee he'll sign. Let him walk if he doesn't play ball.

What I hope for is a game that doesn't alter our post season play and let Buechele and our young OTs show us what they have.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:57 AM 10-21-2022
They're not replacing OBJ mid-season. It's not happening.

And you're not going to like it when Wylie gets replaced because it will be by somebody already on the roster.
I am optimistic that Niang will take over for Wiley at some point this season.
Andy Reid suggests that could happen sometime after the bye. Well, that's not real specific but at least it sounds positive.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022...ce=parsely-api

I don't know how rusty Niang will be but what I do know is that he is better than Wylie.
[Reply]
O.city 08:01 AM 10-21-2022
This will be a fun thread when he signs an extension to stay in KC.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:01 AM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just allows for an actual dialogue when you do it right.

Now you can ask how valuable a stat a hurry is when you're talking about a QB like Mahomes, who does some weird stuff to get himself into trouble sometimes and who's in an offense that necessarily requires deeper sets that are more prone to creating a hurry.

You can also speak directly to the subjective nature of a hurry vs. a sack or hit, both of which are very objective.

Like I said before we went down this road, I don't put a lot of weight in a hurry because it's subjective and oftentimes means ****-all. I think having a LOT more than everyone else is demonstrative of something that is clearly not good, but it's not a precise enough stat to parse out.

In a roughly similar number of staps, Darrisaw has surrendered 2 hits and zero sacks to Browns 4 hits and 1 sack. I think that makes it pretty clear that he's been better than Brown and probably by a fair amount.

But do I think the fact that he's given up 6 hurries vs. Brown's 17 mean much? Oh sure, it means something because of just HOW far apart they are, but nothing more than the sack/hit figures do.

It also demonstrates how useless arbitrary end points are. Sure, he gave up one sack in his last 356 pass rush snaps...interesting that he gave up 3 in the 65 snaps that immediately preceded that tweet's cutoff. Suddenly "Darrisaw has given up 4 times as many sacks in his last 400 pass rush snaps as Orlando Brown has in his last 400" doesn't work so well, does it?

Make a point that works and we can actually have a discussion. But crossing stats and using arbitrary end points just muddies the waters.
This is a good post. And some things to ponder. I do wonder, though, how good the competition that Darrisaw has faced vs OBJ. Not making excuses for our LT, but I do think it would be an interesting comparison.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:02 AM 10-21-2022
If he does the structure will favor us significantly, which makes it a lot more palatable.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:12 AM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
Brown was an All-Pro at RT, not LT. Sure, he played some games at LT, but his strength is on the right side. Moving him there gets rid of Wylie, therefore half the problem solved. Plus it frees up quite a bit of cash he's not earning. Seriously, does anyone believe he's worth Top 5 pay? You can't trade him, he's on the tag this year. Even if you do tag him there's no guarantee he'll sign. Let him walk if he doesn't play ball.

What I hope for is a game that doesn't alter our post season play and let Buechele and our young OTs show us what they have.
Also think it is important to remember that was with a run first Ravens team with Lamar at QB. Not sure but teams may not have the same game plan of racing up field against Lamar. Most of those game plans seem to be to keep Lamar in the pocket.

Just maybe he is a tackle better suited to the run game and not dealing with speed rushers that he will have to deal with in this offense whether RT or LT.
[Reply]
Page 229 of 343
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239279329 > Last »
Up