ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 229 of 469
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239279329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
tk13 07:19 PM 07-14-2022
I was about to say Olivares has had a great night in the plate but been caught base running every time, but Hicklen made sure to keep the streak going.
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 07:21 PM 07-14-2022
This is the worst baserunning team I've ever seen.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:22 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson:
This is the worst baserunning team I've ever seen.
Typical of Mathney lead team. His Cardinal teams were god awful on the bases.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:36 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Typical of Mathney lead team. His Cardinal teams were god awful on the bases.
This.

He doesn’t stress baserunning, because he doesn’t care about it. Thus, they don’t practice it like they should. Which is why you’ve seen the results you have the last couple seasons.

Yet another reason in a long list of why the Royals should dump Matheny.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:44 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Can the Royals just hire Luhnow?

Would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:48 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Seeing as El Dread isn't on the trip, at least until his next start, if he gets one.

That’s a positive.

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:56 PM 07-14-2022
Welcome to the Show, Rook! Attaboy!!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:56 PM 07-14-2022
Nice first hit Nate Eaton. Homer! Omaha 3, Toronto 1.
[Reply]
jettio 07:56 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
This.

He doesn’t stress baserunning, because he doesn’t care about it. Thus, they don’t practice it like they should. Which is why you’ve seen the results you have the last couple seasons.

Yet another reason in a long list of why the Royals should dump Matheny.
Players bear some responsibility. Dozier getting thrown out at home by Gurriel of the Astros on the potential Sacrifice Fly was a case of a guy not applying himself to score because he figured the ball was deep enough that he would make it without max effort.

Dozier did not try to best to leave at the right moment and he did not run his best and he gave the catcher an easy tag.

Be glad when he is gone. He could make an All-Star team for his next team and I will still be glad when he is not a Royal.

I bet he is travelling today on a trip he planned weeks ago. If that 4-game series against Toronto was in April or May, there would not have been 10 Restricted Players. Getting an 8 day All Star break made a difference with some of those guys.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:57 PM 07-14-2022
Like we’ve been telling Matheny since day 1!!! Play the young guys!!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:00 PM 07-14-2022
Matheny, like most people in over their head managing, is really bad at things that require attention to detail and communication.

It’s why his teams generally are worse defensively and on the bases than they should be.

Now, excuse me. I’m gonna go jerk off while thinking about Luhnow being hired to run this show.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:01 PM 07-14-2022
I’m really enjoying this game.

I can’t wait to see Michael Massey.

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:03 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Players bear some responsibility. Dozier getting thrown out at home on the Sacrifice Fly by Gurriel of the Astros was a case of a guy not applying himself to score because he figured the ball was deep enough that he would make it without max effort.

Dozier did not try to best to leave at the right moment and he did not run his best and he gave the catcher an easy tag.

Be glad when he is gone.
But ask yourself this: why did Dozier approach it the way he did? Does Dozier strike you as a lazy half ass player?

Could the fact that the coaching staff doesn’t stress baserunning as an important part of the game and doesn’t teach it the way it should be taught have anything to do with Dozier’s approach in that situation? Did he fuck up? Yeah. But ask yourself why he fucked up?

For the record, I don’t think Dozier is a half ass player who doesn’t give a shit. I think he plays on a shitty team with shitty coaches and a few players (see Merrifield, for example) who seemingly don’t give a shit.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:07 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
But ask yourself this: why did Dozier approach it the way he did? Does Dozier strike you as a lazy half ass player?

Could the fact that the coaching staff doesn’t stress baserunning as an important part of the game and doesn’t teach it the way it should be taught have anything to do with Dozier’s approach in that situation? Did he **** up? Yeah. But ask yourself why he ****ed up?
I'm not defending the staff in general, but where do you come up with this stuff?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:09 PM 07-14-2022
Nice win!
[Reply]
Page 229 of 469
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239279329 > Last »
Up