ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 229 of 288
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239279 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 08-13-2017
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:55 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Ran some clock at least, lol
Oh, yeah. It was far from a disaster and ultimately it contributed to us bleeding the clock and winning the game.

Just saying, it wasn't a good play by Pat lol

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The option is a good way to 'borrow' speed to the edge, though. It makes that DE sit and read while the RB gets to get charging to the corner.

Toss plays don't work with these backs because they don't have that speed to the outside, but I think the option is a nice way to cheat ahead a bit and still leave your RB with a chance to turn the corner. And it makes the DEs respect the run just a little more.

I like that they're part of the playbook.
This is true. I just don't like putting a young QB out like that. Pat's too aggressive and doesn't protect himself like I'd prefer. Even on the option Clyde scored on earlier in the game, Pat was stringing that thing out with like two or three head fakes before he finally pitched it. He really wanted to take that one in.

And the more we talk about it, perhaps part of Pat that panicked on the option later on was proximity to the sideline as well. IIRC, we ran it to the short side of the field. Maybe he was concerned Clyde might step or be pushed out of bounds, stopping the clock.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:00 AM 11-22-2021
This pump fake was nice. I'm pretty sure he got Diggs to abandon his deep responsibility here.

[Reply]
TLO 11:11 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This pump fake was nice. I'm pretty sure he got Diggs to abandon his deep responsibility here.

That's such a beautiful play
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:11 AM 11-22-2021

Oh Andy, you glorious bastard, you.

That's a tendency breaker and a half right there. Look at them trying to bracket Kelce (we know teams are going to do that) and that quick out puts Diggs in a no-win situation. The bracketing DB stays on Kelce so Diggs has to get to that quick out or it's an easy 10-12 yard gain on a catch and run (and if you have Hill in space vs. Diggs, he's one move away from going 30+, so Diggs has to respect that out).

That route combo was designed specifically to put Diggs in that spot and it was based on an understanding that teams are going to give Kelce a lot of attention. Mahomes read Diggs perfectly and the ball was out.

Just a great play design that was extremely well executed. And it's one of those things that's on tape now so you'll see that quick hitter open up next time they run it. That's how you punish teams for trying those deep zones while bracketing Kelce.

Great, great play call.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:14 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
That's such a beautiful play
Patrick may have even left a little meat on the bone in order to make it an easier catch. If he takes that ball just a little further downfield and a little bit away from the sideline, Pringle doesn't have to flatten his route on the adjustment and can probably keep an angle on that deep safety for another 10-12 yards.

Really a perfect play design.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:14 AM 11-22-2021
You kinda wish Hardman had that ball...that's six points.

#ChiefsScoredAnyway
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:17 AM 11-22-2021

#ChiefsScoredAnyway
They'll try it at some point.

And he'll drop it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:24 AM 11-22-2021

#ChiefsScoredAnyway
I really wonder if Hardman’s route running is broken. It seems like this would be a perfect play design for him, but for whatever reason, this seems like the exact route he and Patrick would be out of sync on and have been since Hardman got into the NFL.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:30 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I really wonder if Hardman’s route running is broken. It seems like this would be a perfect play design for him, but for whatever reason, this seems like the exact route he and Patrick would be out of sync on and have been since Hardman got into the NFL.
He'd probably start jogging out of his break and it would be overthrown.

He's just a space cadet. If you give him a quick hit/run he can do that because there's just not enough time/space for him to screw up. But if there's time for him to think about something, he'll gack it.

As frustrating a player as the Chiefs have had in a looooooong time.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:42 PM 11-22-2021
you just wonder why anyone blitzes anymore

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:45 PM 11-22-2021
This play was great. You don't see a lot of QBs hitting the backside route on a play like this. Risky!

[Reply]
jd1020 12:51 PM 11-22-2021
This play was great. You don't see a lot of QBs hitting the backside route on a play like this. Risky!

The whole time after Hill caught that pass I was saying, "Get the first, get the first... get the first!" That was a first down play and I do believe they ended up giving him the yardage but man we have stalled on quite a few drives where we catch the ball like a yard short of the first down marker and the first move is backwards and/or parallel to the line of gain.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:48 PM 12-05-2021
we still love you

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:21 PM 12-05-2021
His best throw of the day was probably dropped. That ball to Pringle was just perfect.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:15 AM 12-06-2021
Surtain's kid just gave up on Mahomes' TD run. That'll be an ass chewing in film study.
[Reply]
Page 229 of 288
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239279 > Last »
Up