View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 228 of 343
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238278328 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:42 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's probably given up more than Darrisaw. So make THAT argument. It ain't hard.

My point is that OKChiefs is talking out his ass. He has no idea if the tweet he threw up there is even demonstrative of a good player.
Here - watch this.

"CHRISTIAN DARRISAW HAS GIVEN UP 8 PRESSURES IN HIS LAST 262 PASS BLOCK REPS!!

BROWN HAS GIVEN UP 22 IN 278!!"

14 more pressures in 16 more reps. That's bad.

See how easy that was? Be useful, OKChiefs.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:42 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
As I’ve mentioned earlier, we’ve faced an insane schedule of rushers.
And that's just gonna let up, eh?

And the teams in the playoffs won't have speed rushers either?

I've been stanning for OBJ ever since the trade. Before the trade even. Shit, i predicted we'd trade for him before the draft.

These last few weeks though....dude has gotten worse when he's suppose to have gotten better.

He's a liability.

Mahomes' LT can't be a liability. Nor can his RT.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:43 PM 10-20-2022
God Damn. Hit him with the old "I'll argue for you, and do it much better". Mad disrespectful. Love it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:47 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

I've been stanning for OBJ ever since the trade. Before the trade even. Shit, i predicted we'd trade for him before the draft.

These last few weeks though....dude has gotten worse when he's suppose to have gotten better.

He's a liability.

They're not replacing OBJ mid-season. It's not happening.

And you're not going to like it when Wylie gets replaced because it will be by somebody already on the roster.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:48 PM 10-20-2022

He's a liability.

I think he's playing hurt. Quite positive he's been on the injury report with a knee issue already this season. Unfortunately, he's a 6'8 beast that probably fluctuates between 340 and 360. Knee issues are almost guaranteed to be reoccurring with him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:50 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

And you're not going to like it when Wylie gets replaced because it will be by somebody already on the roster.
And that's what I don't get with people. This team isn't trading for a new LT. They aren't trading away OBJ. Might as well get used to him starting at LT because outside of an injury...he isn't going anywhere.

So either pray he gets better, worse or hurt. Those are your only options.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:53 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
God Damn. Hit him with the old "I'll argue for you, and do it much better". Mad disrespectful. Love it.
Just allows for an actual dialogue when you do it right.

Now you can ask how valuable a stat a hurry is when you're talking about a QB like Mahomes, who does some weird stuff to get himself into trouble sometimes and who's in an offense that necessarily requires deeper sets that are more prone to creating a hurry.

You can also speak directly to the subjective nature of a hurry vs. a sack or hit, both of which are very objective.

Like I said before we went down this road, I don't put a lot of weight in a hurry because it's subjective and oftentimes means fuck-all. I think having a LOT more than everyone else is demonstrative of something that is clearly not good, but it's not a precise enough stat to parse out.

In a roughly similar number of staps, Darrisaw has surrendered 2 hits and zero sacks to Browns 4 hits and 1 sack. I think that makes it pretty clear that he's been better than Brown and probably by a fair amount.

But do I think the fact that he's given up 6 hurries vs. Brown's 17 mean much? Oh sure, it means something because of just HOW far apart they are, but nothing more than the sack/hit figures do.

It also demonstrates how useless arbitrary end points are. Sure, he gave up one sack in his last 356 pass rush snaps...interesting that he gave up 3 in the 65 snaps that immediately preceded that tweet's cutoff. Suddenly "Darrisaw has given up 4 times as many sacks in his last 400 pass rush snaps as Orlando Brown has in his last 400" doesn't work so well, does it?

Make a point that works and we can actually have a discussion. But crossing stats and using arbitrary end points just muddies the waters.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:55 PM 10-20-2022

Oh of course. Nor am i suggesting they do.

He's simply going to have to get better. He wasn't this bad last season, even in his early growing pains.

I'm talking after the season.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:56 PM 10-20-2022

:-) I'd figured after the 2020 offseason you'd learn to stop speaking with such certainty when it came to what Veach can accomplish. "The Chiefs aren't cutting Fisher or Schwartz. They're injured. It's not happening." Then we went to "The Chiefs aren't rebuilding the entire OL in one offseason. It's not realistic'. You underestimate his power.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:57 PM 10-20-2022
:-) I'd figured after the 2020 offseason you'd learn to stop speaking with such certainty when it came to what Veach can accomplish. "The Chiefs aren't cutting Fisher or Schwartz. They're injured. It's not happening." Then we went to "The Chiefs aren't rebuilding the entire OL in one offseason. It's not realistic'. You underestimate his power.
Yeah but no one is going to trade away their LT. OBJ is our best option available. He simply needs to step it up.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:58 PM 10-20-2022
Yeah but no one is going to trade away their LT. OBJ is our best option available. He simply needs to step it up.
And the odds of finding anyone who can come in here and play better for the rest of the season than Orlando Brown did over the 2nd half of last season are really remote. Maybe you could give up a 1st and 2nd for Tunsil and he'd hit the ground running, but that's it. And that doesn't strike me as terribly reasonable.

Bottom line is that Brown represents the highest ceiling AND the highest floor for us at LT for the remainder of the year.

And we worry about the rest of it later. The ship has sailed.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 03:00 PM 10-20-2022
The OL is what it is. It is up to Andy to: (a) establish the run a little more, (b) call more plays that get the ball out of Mahomes' hands immediately on 3 and 5 step drops.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:01 PM 10-20-2022
That was the offseason and yes, I underestimated him.

But they're not getting rid of OBJ mid-season. Hell, we're not even certain they want to get rid of him at all. For all we know, they love him still.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:01 PM 10-20-2022

He's a liability.

Correction, his LT can be a liability if he's a rookie or journeyman veteran making next to nothing. Then you can allocate that money elsewhere on the roster, like at WR or on defense, to offset the weakness at LT. But you absolutely cannot have a liability at LT who is eating up 10% of the salary cap.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:03 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Correction, his LT can be a liability if he's a rookie or journeyman veteran making next to nothing. Then you can allocate that money elsewhere on the roster, like at WR or on defense, to offset the weakness at LT. But you absolutely cannot have a liability...who is eating up 10% of the salary cap.
{coughcough}Frankclarkfuckingsucks{coughcough}
[Reply]
Page 228 of 343
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238278328 > Last »
Up