ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 227 of 335
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231237277327 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:19 PM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
She's not on trial for incest with Jamie, she's on trial for adultery with Lancel. Otherwise Jamie would be in trouble too. Her trial shouldn't logically have any effect on Tommen.
Hmm. I thought she atoned for her crimes with Lancel and was now on trial for other crimes. I may be conflating a fan theory I read with S5 (It's been a while since I watched any of S5 outside of Hardhome).
[Reply]
Aries Walker 06:18 PM 06-13-2016
In a world with fire-breathing dragons, indestructible ice zombies, and shadowy vagina monsters, I'm willing to entertain the possibility of some advanced herbalism healing techniques.
[Reply]
MagicHef 06:24 PM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Hmm. I thought she atoned for her crimes with Lancel and was now on trial for other crimes. I may be conflating a fan theory I read with S5 (It's been a while since I watched any of S5 outside of Hardhome).
Honestly, I don't know anymore. If she's on trial for incest, why isn't Jamie also on trial? Lancel only avoided a trial due to his conversion/devotion to the Faith.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:39 PM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I thought that too, but there is no way she healed that fast. So either she didn't get stabbed - which why would she drag Lady Crane into it? Maybe she was in on it, but Arya would feel like balls since she deaded her only friend. If she did get stabbed because she was being a mental midget, she jumped off a building after being stabbed in the guts.
I wasn't talking about that part. Which didn't make sense. I was talking about the part later in the episode, after she'd been healed (however that healing happened). I thought the way they focused on the oranges, on the juice of the oranges and the print she left made it pretty clear that she was leading her on at that point. She feigns the reinjury, showing nothing but weakness even when she pulls needle out. Keep the waif fooled, cut the light (literally) and then dance the way syrio taught her.

Although they left the passage of time from when she was patched up to when she woke vague with the use of milk of the poppy. Maybe it was days and not hours or overnight. In any case while that part is a plot hole, the fight was not. All the pieces were shown
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:56 PM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I wasn't talking about that part. Which didn't make sense. I was talking about the part later in the episode, after she'd been healed (however that healing happened). I thought the way they focused on the oranges, on the juice of the oranges and the print she left made it pretty clear that she was leading her on at that point. She feigns the reinjury, showing nothing but weakness even when she pulls needle out. Keep the waif fooled, cut the light (literally) and then dance the way syrio taught her.

Although they left the passage of time from when she was patched up to when she woke vague with the use of milk of the poppy. Maybe it was days and not hours or overnight. In any case while that part is a plot hole, the fight was not. All the pieces were shown
Agreed on all counts.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:49 PM 06-13-2016

So either she's a complete idiot for getting caught on the bridge, or she's a brilliant tactician for drawing in the waif? Hard to believe both.
[Reply]
MagicHef 08:14 PM 06-13-2016

I'm glad the juice from blood oranges doesn't actually look like blood, that would be disgusting.
[Reply]
Swanman 07:14 AM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The way I understand it, her walk of atonement got her out of the dungeons but she still needed to stand trial.
[Reply]
wazu 07:29 AM 06-14-2016
No better testament to what a terrible episode this was than the fact that die hard fans have no idea WTF happened.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:38 AM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by wazu:
No better testament to what a terrible episode this was than the fact that die hard fans have no idea WTF happened.
I liked the episode, so..........
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:02 AM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
So either she's a complete idiot for getting caught on the bridge, or she's a brilliant tactician for drawing in the waif? Hard to believe both.
Blame the writers....

It's not an either/or thing in any case. Yes the stabbing was stupid. Yes the healing was fast. Yes she set up the final confrontation.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:30 AM 06-14-2016
Blame the writers....

It's not an either/or thing in any case. Yes the stabbing was stupid. Yes the healing was fast. Yes she set up the final confrontation.
I agree that Arya set up the Waif at the end.

But still.................Arya has been a smart girl since the first time we saw her on the TV series. There is no explanation as of yet as to why she would wonder around the city like she didn't have a care in the world. That is soooooo not like Arya to be that stupid. She knew she couldn't just walk away.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:43 AM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
But still.................Arya has been a smart girl since the first time we saw her on the TV series. There is no explanation as of yet as to why she would wonder around the city like she didn't have a care in the world. That is soooooo not like Arya to be that stupid. She knew she couldn't just walk away.
Exactly.

Fans spent the last week giving the writers WAY too much credit w/ the Arya storyline. It falls apart when all the legitimately interesting fan theories go nowhere and so now fans are trying to find new ways to give the writers way too much credit.

I don't think she set her up. I think it was blood but like any wounded animal, she went back to her 'den' and when she was cornered, she fought back.

People are trying to salvage an unsalvagable storyline by making it more complicated than it was, IMO. It's the last gasp of folks that are hoping that D&D didn't really just write some of the most banal crap the show has seen in its entire run.

Sorry folks - nothing tricky and nothing clever - D&D just wrote a shitty story there.
[Reply]
wazu 09:13 AM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I liked the episode, so..........
I enjoyed watching. I love the show. But upon further review this was bad story-telling. I'm confused, and I don't think that was the intent.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:14 AM 06-14-2016
I think everyone just over analyzed the Arya stabbing
[Reply]
Page 227 of 335
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231237277327 > Last »
Up