ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 226 of 297
« First < 126176216222223224225226 227228229230236276 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:58 PM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
:-)

What else is new?
Hey, I've only got enough room in my heart for one message board; CP is it.

So I get all my cat info from you fellers.

Please continue to enlighten me in all future developments. :-)
[Reply]
Dante84 09:04 PM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by Coach:
Word is that both AB and BB applied for a hardship, a family sickness one, if I am not mistaken. If the NCAA approves it, they both may be eligible to play by the UCF game.

Don't know how much truth is there.
Jesus. Can you imagine the rush yards we will put up with that rotation?

Oh, baby.
[Reply]
black angus 09:39 PM 09-06-2010
The bigger help this year would be Arthur IMO.
DT and Powell looked great at running back on Saturday, but Arthur could really help solidify our linebacking corps.
[Reply]
Coach 10:03 PM 09-06-2010
From what I understand, I know a guy, who knows a guy in the NCAA Compliance world, he tells me that Arthur has a much better chance to be eligible than Bryce does as of this point. However, in order for Bryce to be eligible, the situation where every single card will have to fall perfectly.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:12 AM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by Coach:
From what I understand, I know a guy, who knows a guy in the NCAA Compliance world, he tells me that Arthur has a much better chance to be eligible than Bryce does as of this point. However, in order for Bryce to be eligible, the situation where every single card will have to fall perfectly.
AB is a real likelihood at this point -timing (what game he'd be eligible for) is the question. BB, because he was never officially released from UT, looks like an impossibility.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 10:15 AM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
AB is a real likelihood at this point -timing (what game he'd be eligible for) is the question. BB, because he was never officially released from UT, looks like an impossibility.
Have you heard anything about Arthur - how he looks in practice, would he be able to contribute this year?

Call me skeptical - but he barely saw the field at Miami. Seems very Chris Patterson/Marvin Simmons-esque.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:34 AM 09-07-2010
Have you heard anything about Arthur - how he looks in practice, would he be able to contribute this year?

Call me skeptical - but he barely saw the field at Miami. Seems very Chris Patterson/Marvin Simmons-esque.
I have heard he is an absolute beast - fast and hits with an impact. His biggest problem is he lacks size to play in the 4-2-5. At 220, he's a little smaller than Childs. He's a better LB than Childs, but he needs another 15 pounds or so to be able to effectively take on defenders. Our LB's are marginal at best. Hrebec is stacked at 250, but he's only playing because we don't have anyone else who can play that role. We need Arthur, badly.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 10:38 AM 09-07-2010
I have heard he is an absolute beast - fast and hits with an impact. His biggest problem is he lacks size to play in the 4-2-5. At 220, he's a little smaller than Childs. He's a better LB than Childs, but he needs another 15 pounds or so to be able to effectively take on defenders. Our LB's are marginal at best. Hrebec is stacked at 250, but he's only playing because we don't have anyone else who can play that role. We need Arthur, badly.
Yes, our LBer's are terrible. I just wonder if blowing a year of his eligibility at this point is wise if he isn't prepared.
[Reply]
Coach 11:37 AM 09-07-2010
Which I mentioned that to the guy, and he said that they have taken that under advisement, considering that the Brown family have stated it numberous of times, thus why I said 'where every single card will have to fall perfectly.'

Back then, it was just AB, but during the process, the AB became AB and BB. I mean, there's no telling what the NCAA will do. One day, they denied Masoli, only to allow it the next day.
[Reply]
Coach 11:37 AM 09-07-2010

I have heard that he has occasionally been taking reps with the first team, but I'm not 100% sure of this. One way or another, his athletic abilites will help the team, one way or another.
[Reply]
Coach 11:39 AM 09-07-2010
I do wonder what is the possibility that they will go a hybrid 4-2-5/4-3-4 given the situation and talent they have. Hrebec would be better suited as a ILB, imho. He doesn't have much side to side speed, but would be effective in the middle.
[Reply]
Los Pollos Hermanos 01:21 PM 09-07-2010
Yes, our LBer's are terrible. I just wonder if blowing a year of his eligibility at this point is wise if he isn't prepared.
Isn't he losing a year of eligibility by not playing this year? Anything he can play this year is a bonus, right?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 01:26 PM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas:
Isn't he losing a year of eligibility by not playing this year? Anything he can play this year is a bonus, right?
He is redshirting this year.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:28 PM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas:
He has 3 years to play 2. He was using his RS year this year.
[Reply]
Coach 05:04 PM 09-07-2010

[Reply]
Page 226 of 297
« First < 126176216222223224225226 227228229230236276 > Last »
Up