ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 225 of 488
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275325 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
O.city 10:28 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Too quiet.

I'd really like to see them do something sooner rather than later.
Some of these guys left would probably be better off just waiting to sign after the draft to a team that misses out on a rusher.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Some of these guys left would probably be better off just waiting to sign after the draft to a team that misses out on a rusher.
For sure, but that doesn't help our anxiety. :-)
[Reply]
In58men 10:31 AM 03-21-2022
He also called Juju a day or two before he signed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:32 AM 03-21-2022
Well that's a little bit encouraging...
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:33 AM 03-21-2022
If he wants more money….then I hope the Cowboys pull it out.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:33 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Something of note that I think is worth bringing up is that we seem to draft for a year in advance of the hole being open.

21:We had Hitch, we took Bolton.
21:We had Blythe, we took Creed.
20: We had Damien, we took CEH (luxury, dumb, but we did). Then DW opted out.
19: We had Sammy, we took Mecole (also, Tyreek stuff was breaking/scary)

So, who are the notable upcoming replaceable starting players in 2023?
2 WR: Mecole Hardman, maybe JuJu since its a 1 year deal
2 DE: Frank Clark + whatever random ass vet/s we sign
1 S: Juan Thornhill
1 DT: Derick Nnadi

I think we're going to pick a DE or a WR. Also, Veach is huge on value, and those are 2 of the highest paid positions as of late, so 4/5 years of quality play on a rookie deal at those positions specifically is really important.

Generally speaking, there are a lot more WR's than DE's out there each year when looking at FA, Trades, & Draft, so DE would be the biggest area to address with this pick.

I'm just not sure the available talent will be worth the pick at that spot, so WR won't surprise me.
Chris Jones' contract is about to balloon. We're probably a 2 years from him needing replaced rather than 1 but he should at least be on your list.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I agree with you but you have to add Jones in there as well. His cap hit next year is around $29 million, I believe. He’ll be 29 and I’m not sure Veach is willing to give him another contract. I’d have to check but I think Saunders is almost gone as well.
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Do not leave Chris Jones off that list. A best case scenario would be to get Wyatt and he is dynamite and we release or trade CJ for big cap savings.
Good call outs. I was under the impression we had Jones locked up for a few more years, but it does appear to be just 2. He is going to want another big pay day since his contract was obviously designed to help him hit the market before he turns 30. We had a bitch of a time getting him under contract last go around.

I think Wyatt will be long gone by the time we pick since he's the only elite interior pass rusher that will go in the first. I view Davis as the elite run defender who can't be moved, so more of a Nnadi replacement than a Jones replacement.

I'd certainly be happy with both, but I don't know if that aligns with Veach's thoughts. But I guess that's why I'm on a message board and he's the GM.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:35 AM 03-21-2022
Convince me Za'darius isn't Frank Clark 2.0, I honestly just don't know that much about him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:36 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Convince me Za'darius isn't Frank Clark 2.0, I honestly just don't know that much about him.
He's a different player with a different skill set. That being said, he also had a back injury.

It's definitely a risk.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:37 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
A plus is that we wouldn’t be trading picks to get him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
A plus is that we wouldn’t be trading picks to get him.
That's the biggest difference. He likely also won't get the money Clark got. The numbers we saw for the Baltimore deal were about HALF of what the Chiefs gave Clark.
[Reply]
Toad 10:41 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Thought I would put this here. The Browns did us a massive favor. Tom Pelissero was just on GMF talking about this contract and how livid many other GM’s were about this deal bc it altered the QB market.

He specifically mentioned GM’s with upcoming QB contract negotiations that will happen in the next year. Also mentioned a lot of those GM’s being in the AFC competing against Watson specifically.

You know who is about to pay their QB’s new big time contracts?

Raiders
Broncos
Chargers

Look at how much guaranteed money Watson got compare to everyone else? So yeah these big moves by the divisional teams are temporary and they will have problems soon enough. No to mention loss of draft picks from Denver
Such a great point. In the AFC West alone, it puts a lot of immediate pressure to win big now. Current QB contracts end:
Herbert 2023
Wilson 2023
Carr 2022
Mahomes 2031

With the Browns setting the new bar on QB’s, there is gonna be some cake spent on QB’s in the Division within the next 2 years!
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 AM 03-21-2022
That's the biggest difference. He likely also won't get the money Clark got. The numbers we saw for the Baltimore deal were about HALF of what the Chiefs gave Clark.
Just makes me wonder how much he’s after since he backed out of that Ravens deal. Even at the max value of $50 million….that’s still good money at $12.5 million a season. I can’t see Veach going big.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:46 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Toad:
Such a great point. In the AFC West alone, it puts a lot of immediate pressure to win big now. Current QB contracts end:
Herbert 2023
Wilson 2023
Carr 2022
Mahomes 2031

With the Browns setting the new bar on QB’s, there is gonna be some cake spent on QB’s in the Division within the next 2 years!
Expanding out to the AFC:
Lamar: Very soon.
Burrow: 2023

Allen has already been extended.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:49 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Expanding out to the AFC:
Lamar: Very soon.
Burrow: 2023

Allen has already been extended.
Yeah, the Bills got a good deal with Allen looking at it now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:52 AM 03-21-2022

The Giants have signed LB Jihad Ward. A reunion for Ward, who played for new DC Wink Martindale during their time together in Baltimore.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 21, 2022

[Reply]
Page 225 of 488
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275325 > Last »
Up