ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 224 of 469
« First < 124174214220221222223224 225226227228234274324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
jettio 09:13 AM 07-14-2022
I wonder what travel these 10 Restricted List players are doing with their families during their extended all star break.

I would like to bet that reservations for family travel starting yesterday or today were firmed up weeks ago once they learned Royals would use Restricted List and not roster manipulation during this Toronto weekend.

Royals beat reporters should ask the team and each of the 10 players. The team probably cannot answer, but the individual players ought to be on the record on whether or not they answered this question and what answers did they give.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:19 AM 07-14-2022
I fully expect Sherman to go for Terry Francona in the offseason.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:20 AM 07-14-2022
At this point, the focus of our anger and frustration needs to no longer be at Matheny, Eldred, Picollo nor even Dayton Moore. This mess is Sherman's and he is doing absolutely nothing about it. Sell the fucking team, or wake the fuck up and be an owner. Do something, for the love of all things Holy. This franchise has actually gotten worse in his short tenure.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:29 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
At this point, the focus of our anger and frustration needs to no longer be at Matheny, Eldred, Picollo nor even Dayton Moore. This mess is Sherman's and he is doing absolutely nothing about it. Sell the ****ing team, or wake the **** up and be an owner. Do something, for the love of all things Holy. This franchise has actually gotten worse in his short tenure.
Making firing decisions in the middle of season just to make a move is horrible decision. You make the decision at the end of the season.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:34 AM 07-14-2022
I have no doubt Sherman will do something when the season's over, if not before. He has every reason (desired new downtown stadium in 2026) to get this shit fixed quick and turned around or his bigger plans will up and vanish like a fart in the wind . . . . . .
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:45 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
At this point, the focus of our anger and frustration needs to no longer be at Matheny, Eldred, Picollo nor even Dayton Moore. This mess is Sherman's and he is doing absolutely nothing about it. Sell the fucking team, or wake the fuck up and be an owner. Do something, for the love of all things Holy. This franchise has actually gotten worse in his short tenure.
Here's the problem for you guys, and it's a big one, where the gap in the lines here?

Fellas, Cleveland is coming again. That system is loaded. I think I saw they have 8 top 100 prospects right now? 2nd place has 5. And they aren't fringy ones. I know Espino is shelved right now but I wouldn't trade that guy for Grayson Rodriguez or Shane Baz. He's CRAZY electric. It's a generational arsenal. Gavin Williams has come screaming up behind him this year as well.

When you guys are banking on Melendez, Vinnie and Pratto to kick off the next wave, the Indians have Valera, Arias and Roccio who are equally well regarded. Meanwhile Nolan Jones as exploded back from injury, Josh Naylor has taken a big step forward, Gimenez is fulfilling his promise at only 23, Logan Allen is a nice complementary lefty. And then they have a genuine superstar in Jose Ramirez. And their staff has a legit ace att he top in Bieber, a strong #3 type in McKenzie, Clase is a hammer (Karinchak still might be).

That team is in such a nice position going forward. The White Sox are struggling mightily but still have some very nice young talent especially with their pitching. The Twins are just a fairly reliably good organization with several good pieces in place. The Tigers seem to be very similar to the Royals right now but more prospect depth than I'm seeing in KC.

If Witt becomes a genuine superstar; a 7+ WAR kind of player - you might have an edge there. Riley Greene is probably the only stick in the ALC I see that can hang with Witt long-term (J-Ram is 29). I guess Torkelson has that ability purely as a bat but he's obviously struggled this year. Poor Royce Lewis just can't stay on the field.

But even if the rebuild goes relatively well, y'all have put yourself at the back of the line and will have to power through some organizations that seem to have much stronger footing/foundations over the next 5+ years. Gonna need to get lucky, I guess.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:55 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
I wonder what travel these 10 Restricted List players are doing with their families during their extended all star break.

I would like to bet that reservations for family travel starting yesterday or today were firmed up weeks ago once they learned Royals would use Restricted List and not roster manipulation during this Toronto weekend.

Royals beat reporters should ask the team and each of the 10 players. The team probably cannot answer, but the individual players ought to be on the record on whether or not they answered this question and what answers did they give.
Get outta here with that trash. It’s a personal health decision, and that means MYOB. The science is settled on this anyway: Whit correctly relayed the CDC own findings the vax doesn’t prevent transmission.

Justin Trudeau needs to be the guy being pestered by the “Royals beat reporters”
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:03 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get outta here with that trash. It’s a personal health decision, and that means MYOB. The science is settled on this anyway: Whit correctly relayed the CDC own findings the vax doesn’t prevent transmission.

Justin Trudeau needs to be the guy being pestered by the “Royals beat reporters”
You mean the dentist blogger who pretends to be important?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:17 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

Has your opinion on Matheny and his bible study clubhouse changed at all?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:18 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I fully expect Sherman to go for Terry Francona in the offseason.
I wonder if Francona would accept...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:21 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think that's why Mozeliak was so fond of him now that I think about it.

It's HARD to be routinely exposed for piss poor decisions you make and still maintain a haughty air of smug superiority.

Mozeliak does better than anyone I've ever seen. But Matheny isn't too far behind him. Mozeliak is essentially Matheny's older brother. And when things keep heading south, both of them are just gonna double down on how great they are while putting more effort into dodging responsibility for the problems than they do into actually fixing them.

Matheny's continued employment in this sport is a complete mind-**** to me. I wouldn't even let him be a minor league instructor. Okay, maybe I'd let him do that - in small doses he may provide some bit of fortune cookie wisdom he read from the back of a menu or a jesus pamphlet someone stuck under his windshield wiper somewhere.

But you can't even let that guy be a full time assistant. He is Sisyphus's boulder. He's the water that formed the Grand Canyon. He's unrelentingly burdensome and in time he just breaks people down to where Whit Merrifield essentially answers an interview question with "Hey, I'd have gotten vaccinated if we didn't suck - so please trade for me; I promise I'll get the jab if you get me out of here..."

But guys - he went to a couple classes. He learned from his mistakes!

As I warned y'all at the time - the problem with Mike Matheny (at least early stage Mike Matheny) has nothing to do with his eagerness to be good. I absolutely believe he tried to improve. No - the problem with Mike Matheny is that he is just an unintelligent person. He's stupid. And you can send stupid people to as many classes as you want and they may listen intently. But ultimately they're still stupid - they're just going to learn the wrong lesson.

Duncan, you'll love this one:

Finished that one up a month or so ago - probably my 2nd favorite book in the whole series. The difference between Frank and Brian isn't necessarily in the storytelling as Brian can tell a fascinating story. It's in the philosophy woven into Frank's novels. There are great little thought experiments littered throughout those books. That said, he got up his own ass in The God Emperor; I didn't even finish it. Made it about 2/3 of the way and quit. Read a Wiki on the ending and went onto Heretics.
Yes, he's a dumb fraud who's bad at everything a manager for a team like Kansas City needs its manager to be good at. I've said that consistently, from Day 1.

He HAS shown marginal improvement in his bullpen usage (or at least did last year), but everything else still sucks.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Here's the problem for you guys, and it's a big one, where the gap in the lines here?

Fellas, Cleveland is coming again. That system is loaded. I think I saw they have 8 top 100 prospects right now? 2nd place has 5. And they aren't fringy ones. I know Espino is shelved right now but I wouldn't trade that guy for Grayson Rodriguez or Shane Baz. He's CRAZY electric. It's a generational arsenal. Gavin Williams has come screaming up behind him this year as well.

When you guys are banking on Melendez, Vinnie and Pratto to kick off the next wave, the Indians have Valera, Arias and Roccio who are equally well regarded. Meanwhile Nolan Jones as exploded back from injury, Josh Naylor has taken a big step forward, Gimenez is fulfilling his promise at only 23, Logan Allen is a nice complementary lefty. And then they have a genuine superstar in Jose Ramirez. And their staff has a legit ace att he top in Bieber, a strong #3 type in McKenzie, Clase is a hammer (Karinchak still might be).

That team is in such a nice position going forward. The White Sox are struggling mightily but still have some very nice young talent especially with their pitching. The Twins are just a fairly reliably good organization with several good pieces in place. The Tigers seem to be very similar to the Royals right now but more prospect depth than I'm seeing in KC.

If Witt becomes a genuine superstar; a 7+ WAR kind of player - you might have an edge there. Riley Greene is probably the only stick in the ALC I see that can hang with Witt long-term (J-Ram is 29). I guess Torkelson has that ability purely as a bat but he's obviously struggled this year. Poor Royce Lewis just can't stay on the field.

But even if the rebuild goes relatively well, y'all have put yourself at the back of the line and will have to power through some organizations that seem to have much stronger footing/foundations over the next 5+ years. Gonna need to get lucky, I guess.
Yeah, Cleveland has really done a nice job putting its pieces together. Espino has had health issues this year but is an absolute monster and super fun to watch.

The Royals seem to have gotten to an excellent place with hitting development - similar to where the Indians are with pitching development. If they can spike up the pitching development at all levels, and especially in the major leagues, while keeping the hitting development rolling, KC could be a contender in this division.

Have to have the right people in EVERY seat, though. And I don't think KC has ever really had that.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:24 AM 07-14-2022
One advantage the Royals have over the Indians is the Royals are willing to spend money. Cleveland is cheap.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:32 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
One advantage the Royals have over the Indians is the Royals are willing to spend money. Cleveland is cheap.
Cleveland is just SUPER cautious.

They'll spend, but they aren't going to typically spend in the middle that much. They got Ramirez cheaper than he'd have made on the market, but not 'cheap' by any means. They've tried to get Bieber extended at, IIRC, around $20 million/yr. I believe they did the same with Kluber.

The tribe had an $88 million payroll just a few years ago; the season before COVID, IIRC. When they have guys, they'll pick and choose who to spend on and who to trade. And ultimately it's gonna mean that some of them will have to take a little less to stay - but the Royals do the same thing in that regard.

If KC has Lindor, they'd have done exactly what the Guardians did. They'd have never offered him $300+ million. The Royals would've never offered Trevor Bauer $34 million/season. The Indians will spend - they just won't do so irrationally. And if they approach an agent and get stuck at numbers that they aren't willing to go to, they'll trade the guy.

I wouldn't rely on payrolls to get you past Cleveland. They'll keep a team together if they have a good one.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:53 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Has your opinion on Matheny and his bible study clubhouse changed at all?
I don’t know what that means. It looks like gibberish
[Reply]
jettio 11:01 AM 07-14-2022
The 2023 schedule changes will diminish the chances of one division opponent locking another team out of a chance at the postseason.

Baseball has a lot of examples of teams that get on a postseason run and beat teams that won more games during the season.

56 Games in Division — 14 vs. each division rival. Down from 19
60 Games vs. Rest of League — 6 vs. each remaining team in league.
46 Games of Interleague Play — 3 games apiece vs. 14 teams in other league; 4 games vs. “ natural” rival.
[Reply]
Page 224 of 469
« First < 124174214220221222223224 225226227228234274324 > Last »
Up