ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 224 of 488
« First < 124174214220221222223224 225226227228234274324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
In58men 09:54 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
It’s happening…

Are we sure this isn’t photoshopped?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:54 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. Herbert is going to get big, big money.
Chargers would be wise to get him wrapped up early - 2 years left, but I wouldn't wait too long. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-ange...herbert-47599/

Denver should also work out an extension with Wilson, he has 2 years left... https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-b...l-wilson-9885/
[Reply]
Iconic 09:55 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If they're not in on Key, I gotta believe they're still in on Smith.

Not sure I prefer that route at this point, to be honest. Smith's approach with Baltimore, an organization he has a history with, really put me off him.

That's a guy who's just out for the check and I could easily see him shutting it down if he gets paid. Or pouting if he doesn't.

Not sure I want him even at the same price as Key at this point when you consider that, his age and the injury issues.
this.

i really don't get all the reports about our fascination with smith. sounds like he's after more guaranteed. not sure why veach would want to get involved with this mess with the previous one still on the fucking roster.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:58 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:
this.

i really don't get all the reports about our fascination with smith. sounds like he's after more guaranteed. not sure why veach would want to get involved with this mess with the previous one still on the fucking roster.
Our "interest" in Smith had to do with Joe Cullen. I have to wonder if we're actually interested at all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:59 AM 03-21-2022
The only thing about Smith is there's at least SOME smoke.

Not only has there been nothing on Key to the Chiefs, there's been like no rumors about Key AT ALL.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:02 AM 03-21-2022

Not only has there been nothing on Key to the Chiefs, there's been like no rumors about Key AT ALL.
The first Key info is from today….and he’s going to Detroit for a visit.

There are still plenty of DEs in FA that I think could fit here and wouldn’t be super expensive because of the draft class and the current market.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:04 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The first Key info is from today….and he’s going to Detroit for a visit.

There are still plenty of DEs in FA that I think could fit here and wouldn’t be super expensive because of the draft class and the current market.
Hadn't seen that yet but yeah, that would be the first info on Key period.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:08 AM 03-21-2022
Hadn't seen that yet but yeah, that would be the first info on Key period.
The market has been quiet for guys like him.

Green.
Barnett.

All younger guys with warts that aren’t going to command tons of money. I’d have to think that Veach is keeping his eye on them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:11 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The market has been quiet for guys like him.

Green.
Barnett.

All younger guys with warts that aren’t going to command tons of money. I’d have to think that Veach is keeping his eye on them.
Too quiet.

I'd really like to see them do something sooner rather than later.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:16 AM 03-21-2022
Something of note that I think is worth bringing up is that we seem to draft for a year in advance of the hole being open.

21:We had Hitch, we took Bolton.
21:We had Blythe, we took Creed.
20: We had Damien, we took CEH (luxury, dumb, but we did). Then DW opted out.
19: We had Sammy, we took Mecole (also, Tyreek stuff was breaking/scary)

So, who are the notable upcoming replaceable starting players in 2023?
2 WR: Mecole Hardman, maybe JuJu since its a 1 year deal
2 DE: Frank Clark + whatever random ass vet/s we sign
1 S: Juan Thornhill
1 DT: Derick Nnadi

I think we're going to pick a DE or a WR. Also, Veach is huge on value, and those are 2 of the highest paid positions as of late, so 4/5 years of quality play on a rookie deal at those positions specifically is really important.

Generally speaking, there are a lot more WR's than DE's out there each year when looking at FA, Trades, & Draft, so DE would be the biggest area to address with this pick.

I'm just not sure the available talent will be worth the pick at that spot, so WR won't surprise me.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:16 AM 03-21-2022

That is very suspicious. He may be a CIA mole.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:18 AM 03-21-2022

Zadarius might have to take less to come here but they’ve let him know we want him

— The Gunslingiest (@RedMamba707) March 21, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:18 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Something of note that I think is worth bringing up is that we seem to draft for a year in advance of the hole being open.

I think we're going to pick a DE or a WR. Also, Veach is huge on value, and those are 2 of the highest paid positions as of late, so 4/5 years of quality play on a rookie deal at those positions specifically is really important.

Generally speaking, there are a lot more WR's than DE's out there each year when looking at FA, Trades, & Draft, so DE would be the biggest area to address with this pick.

I'm just not sure the available talent will be worth the pick at that spot, so WR won't surprise me.
Chris Jones' contract is about to balloon. We're probably a 2 years from him needing replaced rather than 1 but he should at least be on your list.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:19 AM 03-21-2022

I agree with you but you have to add Jones in there as well. His cap hit next year is around $29 million, I believe. He’ll be 29 and I’m not sure Veach is willing to give him another contract. I’d have to check but I think Saunders is almost gone as well.
[Reply]
kgrund 10:20 AM 03-21-2022

Do not leave Chris Jones off that list. A best case scenario would be to get Wyatt and he is dynamite and we release or trade CJ for big cap savings.
[Reply]
Page 224 of 488
« First < 124174214220221222223224 225226227228234274324 > Last »
Up