ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 223 of 488
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273323 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:28 AM 03-21-2022
Our first and a 3rd is only around 744 points which would put us up with the 23rdish pick. Not much movement there
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:28 AM 03-21-2022
Pick 94 will get you to 24.
Pick 103 is only going to get you to 26.

I think we would need to jump Arizona at 23 to get a DE.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:34 AM 03-21-2022
Thought I would put this here. The Browns did us a massive favor. Tom Pelissero was just on GMF talking about this contract and how livid many other GM’s were about this deal bc it altered the QB market.

He specifically mentioned GM’s with upcoming QB contract negotiations that will happen in the next year. Also mentioned a lot of those GM’s being in the AFC competing against Watson specifically.

You know who is about to pay their QB’s new big time contracts?

Raiders
Broncos
Chargers

Look at how much guaranteed money Watson got compare to everyone else? So yeah these big moves by the divisional teams are temporary and they will have problems soon enough. No to mention loss of draft picks from Denver
Attached: 3B701B75-4BC2-4E84-B618-E74EC4130541.jpg (46.9 KB) 
[Reply]
staylor26 09:37 AM 03-21-2022
Well these guys are probably going to go way too high for a trade up:

Jermaine Johnson
Travon Walker

It would likely be for one of these:

George Karlaftis
DeVonte Wyatt
David Ojabo
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:38 AM 03-21-2022
The tough thing for those GMs is figuring out how much they want to pay their QB if the team isn’t as successful as they expect it to be. For all the talk about Herbert being just as good as Mahomes….he hasn’t done shit when it comes to winning games.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:38 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Thought I would put this here. The Browns did us a massive favor. Tom Pelissero was just on GMF talking about this contract and how livid many other GM’s were about this deal bc it altered the QB market.

He specifically mentioned GM’s with upcoming QB contract negotiations that will happen in the next year. Also mentioned a lot of those GM’s being in the AFC competing against Watson specifically.

Raiders
Broncos
Chargers

Look at how much guaranteed money Watson got compare to everyone else? So yeah these big moves by the divisional teams are temporary and they will have problems soon enough. No to mention loss of draft picks from Denver
Just further emphasizes that there was no need to go all-in this year.

We have just as good of an opportunity as anybody this year, but we could also be better off long term.
[Reply]
Woogieman 09:39 AM 03-21-2022
This sounds like Brett Veach. I still wonder who would be there for us to move up? I don’t think Devinte Wyatt is worth that. I think it would have to be an edge rusher.

Jermaine Johnson has been mocked around 22-25 but also in the top 15. Who knows
Seems Edge is much deeper than DT. I'm pretty certain they would have to trade up to get Wyatt or Davis, and there is a pretty big drop-off after that (some think Winfrey is a 1st rnder). I hate trading draft capital, but you either take top available Edge (Mafe, Ebikitie?) and hope Mathis or Winfrey are around at 64, or trade a 3rd and get Wyatt or Davis in the 1st, and Enagbare, Sanders, or Jackson types in the 2nd. This may be the year to trade up (hate it), but if you do, you will likely miss out on a good but raw boundary receiver, or a raw but athletic CB like McCollum. Unless someone falls (Ojabo, Wyatt), it seems the best we could do is a solid double.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:40 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Well these guys are probably going to go way too high for a trade up:

Jermaine Johnson
Travon Walker

It would likely be for one of these:

George Karlaftis
DeVonte Wyatt
David Ojabo
I have to think it’s either Karlaftis or Wyatt and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Wyatt.

This DE class is deep. I would think that he would want to grab a DT like Wyatt because Jones might not be here next season. For sure he isn’t here in 2024. Veach can still get a DE in round 2.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:42 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The tough thing for those GMs is figuring out how much they want to pay their QB if the team isn’t as successful as they expect it to be. For all the talk about Herbert being just as good as Mahomes….he hasn’t done shit when it comes to winning games.
Doesn't matter. Watson has accomplished shit and look what he got. Justin is the better player he just has an idiot for a coach.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:43 AM 03-21-2022
Don’t shoot me….but would Veach trade a high pick next year to get a guy like Wyatt or a DE if they fall?

It would take jumping from 30 to around 16ish….but we would be jumping the Chargers to get him.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:44 AM 03-21-2022
It’s happening…

NOW WE GOOOOO pic.twitter.com/r4gS9GEBBG

— ��️at McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) March 21, 2022

[Reply]
Woogieman 09:50 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Don’t shoot me….but would Veach trade a high pick next year to get a guy like Wyatt or a DE if they fall?

It would take jumping from 30 to around 16ish….but we would be jumping the Chargers to get him.
I would say yes in light of the compensatory picks coming at us (surely we won't do this song and dance with Bienemy another effin year, although he may not be under ocntract?). Another 3rd and 7th for Poles, and 3rd and 4th if Jones goes elsewhere?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:50 AM 03-21-2022
This sounds like Brett Veach. I still wonder who would be there for us to move up? I don’t think Devinte Wyatt is worth that. I think it would have to be an edge rusher.

Jermaine Johnson has been mocked around 22-25 but also in the top 15. Who knows
I don’t see any way Johnson makes it out of the top 15-20 after the Ojabo injury.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:50 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Doesn't matter. Watson has accomplished shit and look what he got. Justin is the better player he just has an idiot for a coach.
Yep. Herbert is going to get big, big money.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:52 AM 03-21-2022

Raiders
Broncos
Chargers

I bet the Bills are glad they got that deal done when they did. I'll bet Josh Allen isn't, though.
[Reply]
Page 223 of 488
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273323 > Last »
Up