ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 223 of 335
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273323 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
MMXcalibur 12:53 AM 06-13-2016
Next week is the Battle of the Bastards and I love me some Davos Seaworth, so naturally...

RIP Davos
[Reply]
Buck 01:08 AM 06-13-2016
Everyone got so fucking hyped that they think this episode was a letdown. It wasn't. There wasn't a holy shit moment, but at least we don't have to deal with Arya in Bravos anymore. And Cersei is about to go wild.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:40 AM 06-13-2016
Arya's storyline will pay off when she's ****ing up people in Westeros. MAJOR SPOILER BELOW.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:20 AM 06-13-2016
The Waif, in picture form

[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:18 AM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Syrio was cool. One thing you can say about GRRM is he really does a fantastic job with his minor characters like Syrio, Jaqen, Strong Belwas, etc.

Reminder of the last time we saw Syrio:

I was watching some YouTube vids of the top fighters in GoT recently and Syrio was pretty high up on one list. In his last scene, he's taken care of all of Trant's men and is staring down Meryn with only a wooden sword. They cut away and you hear metal clatter and a scream.

I'm inclined to believe Syrio dicked Trant's bitch ass and got away.

Originally Posted by DrRyan:
Without a doubt. Looks like Cleganebowl is a definite no go...

I wouldn't be too sure. Aside from the mention of the White Walkers, Beric's original task was to take down the Mountain. If the Hound rolls with the BWB and they somehow meet up with the Mountain, it could be on and poppin'.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:22 AM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Does anyone else feel like the audience is being purposely mislead just for the sake of creating conversation or suspense that isn't organic to the story?

Arya's story in the last two episodes is a good example. Why bother breaking her story up into two episodes and having her get the actress killed if she is just going to be injured again before fighting the girl. The only reason would be to make us think there is no way she is dumb enough to walk around carelessly, especially given how we saw her hiding in her hole. This gives us time between episodes to think about things and then within this new episode you are wondering the whole time where is the twist. But that never comed and it turns out to be the case anyways that Arya was not being careful or watchful which is not her character. She would have at least had her sword if she was walking around. They should have continued the fight after she got out of the water and had her go to her little cave then without the extra day and scene with the actress.
Speaking of, it's entirely too early for the Walkers to be south of the wall, especially at Winterfell, but pause the episode 9 preview at 00:42 and check the background.

http://youtu.be/eOzsR8Pk3TE
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:25 AM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by KCtotheSB:
Next week is the Battle of the Bastards and I love me some Davos Seaworth, so naturally...

RIP Davos
Naturally. From the preview he figures out the Shreen thing. So yep. Big speech. Dead.

I'm expecting John Snow dead again too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:28 AM 06-13-2016
I will admit Arya acting weird and getting shanked is disappointing.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:40 AM 06-13-2016
What in the fuck. They need to fire the shit writers on this show. Now that they don't have a story line to follow they are fucking it all up. I was really hoping for some sort of twist with Arya. She is not stupid enough to walk around like she was. She knew they were hunting her.

Oh but wait, we will throw in a big battle next week so everyone will love us again. Fuck you!
[Reply]
crazycoffey 07:44 AM 06-13-2016
The episode wasn't bad. Lil weird like Arya's story, but not bad. Expectations are too high, not every episode can be hardhome
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:54 AM 06-13-2016
People need to stop acting like they don't have a story to follow, im sure GRR has sat down with them like he has his ghost writers.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:56 AM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The episode has aired. So...seriously, wtf, you can spend seven hours showing the Waif chase Arya through every piss soaked stairway and whore laden back alley of a city that I don't really give a fuck about but you can't actually show them fighting? And the rest of the show is people just standing around talking. Awesome. Fuck you whoever made this episode.

Unless I'm missing something, the clever thing that Arya did was to force the Waif to fight her in complete darkness. Arya had an advantage there, because she had spent quite a bit of time operating while blind recently. She evened the playing field, since in every other encounter the Waif had smoked her.

Which is clever, but begs the quetsion -- how do you SHOW on television a fight in complete darkness?

Originally Posted by DaFace:
Even beyond this episode, her storyline is one of the most disappointing of the past few seasons. She was one of my favorite characters until heading to Braavos. Since then, her storyline has apparently been "get marginally better at fighting" for two seasons.
This I definitely do agree with.

And what exactly is the point of going and joining a cool "I can change faces" cult of assassins because you really want to be an ultra-badass assassin, and then quitting before you LEARN HOW TO CHANGE FACES?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:09 AM 06-13-2016
Arya's changed her face before so she definitely knows how.

In the show I feel it's sort of implied that you need to take a face from the House of Black and White, but we saw Jaqen change his face on-screen shortly after they left Harrenhal.
[Reply]
DrRyan 08:15 AM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

I wouldn't be too sure. Aside from the mention of the White Walkers, Beric's original task was to take down the Mountain. If the Hound rolls with the BWB and they somehow meet up with the Mountain, it could be on and poppin'.
I suppose they could still cross paths. In my eyes, Cleganebowl specifically referred to the teased trial by combat of Cersei v. The Faith. Would not be the same if they just happened upon each other on the Kings road/Riverlands.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:31 AM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Arya's changed her face before so she definitely knows how.

In the show I feel it's sort of implied that you need to take a face from the House of Black and White, but we saw Jaqen change his face on-screen shortly after they left Harrenhal.
She did when she smoked off Trant.
[Reply]
Page 223 of 335
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273323 > Last »
Up