« First < 122172212218219220221222 223224225226232272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
Simply Red 06:50 AM 09-25-2023
seems like he's coming along. Good to see.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:53 AM 09-25-2023
Yes. Still not quite where we'd all like him to be but definite progress the past two weeks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:29 AM 09-25-2023
4/42 was the kind of game I was expecting from him early in his rookie season. I had him going for 600ish yards as a rookie.

So he's a year behind where I hoped he'd be. That's not the end of the world.

If he manages 650-700 yards this season he's...fine. He's on course to be a solid possession option for a few years before he likely gets layered and we move on.

That's not a bad pick at that point.
[Reply]
Hoover 07:57 AM 09-25-2023
This kid is going to be just fine. I like what he brings in terms of attitude on the field. He's never going to be a #1, that's Rice IMO, but he can be a great #2 type WR.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:00 AM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Hoover:
This kid is going to be just fine. I like what he brings in terms of attitude on the field. He's never going to be a #1, that's Rice IMO, but he can be a great #2 type WR.
Great #2 receivers go for 1,000 yards and 8 scores. He ain't gonna be that either.

But he can be a very good 3rd option, IMO.

800ish seems like a viable long-term target mark for him.

Again, it's a tools thing. They're just not standout. He's going to do as much as the system allows him to do and once he leaves KC, he's going to fade away in a couple years.

But if he can become a solid 3rd receving option here for 3-4 years before that happens, you just shrug, forget about the opportunity cost and move along. At that point it's just a pretty average 2nd round pick rather than any sort of bust.

So...fine. That works.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:47 AM 09-25-2023
nice route but what throw by Gabbert

Skyy Moore out here breaking ankles. pic.twitter.com/SXck5XElpV

— Adam Best (@Arrowhead_Adam) September 24, 2023

[Reply]
Easy 6 09:50 AM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
nice route but what throw by Gabbert

Damn, tell me that guy can't run a killer route
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:03 AM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers:
Damn, tell me that guy can't run a killer route
A lot of what he does is unnecessary white noise against a quality CB, though. It's needless window dressing that throws the timing off.

But that said, the issue isn't 'can' he run a good route - it's how often he does so. He has to be more consistent and THAT'S what will get him more targets. Especially on timing routes.

That will be such a massive deal for this offense that's so dependent on precise timing. It isn't about him making 6 dekes and finding space on a scramble drill. He needs to do that on time in the offense so we can start looking at him early in the progression and fire it knowing that he's going to be where he needs to be.

That's the development we need to see. A route like that one doesn't really move the needle for me a ton.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:46 AM 09-25-2023
big picture though - there's a hell of a lot more to WR success than just raw talent (athleticism,) I'd argue instincts as well as free lancing are equally as important, and the last two are where I am finally seeing some growth from week-to-week.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:34 PM 09-25-2023
That route is what I mean when I say he can be our slot guy.

Also still laughing at that rando that said Skyy can't run routes
[Reply]
New World Order 08:42 PM 10-01-2023
Paging Skyy Moore. Where are you Skyy Moore
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:44 AM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
That route is what I mean when I say he can be our slot guy.

Also still laughing at that rando that said Skyy can't run routes
Skyy can't run routes.

Not with the necessary timing and consistency.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:46 AM 10-02-2023
Being on the same page as the QB and being able to run routes aren't the same thing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:47 AM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That will be such a massive deal for this offense that's so dependent on precise timing. It isn't about him making 6 dekes and finding space on a scramble drill. He needs to do that on time in the offense so we can start looking at him early in the progression and fire it knowing that he's going to be where he needs to be.

That's the development we need to see. A route like that one doesn't really move the needle for me a ton.
You know what would've moved the needle for me?

Being able to run a simple !@#$ing quick out on 3rd down inside the 10 to pick up a 1st down.

Y'all have got to stop falling in love with this foot-fire bullshit. That's NOT how he is going to be successful in this league. It works in the MAC but it won't work in the NFL.

Guy needs to hit his mark, make his cut and get separation. THAT'S an NFL caliber route. Throwing in 6 dekes to finally get free doesn't do us much good at all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:49 AM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Being on the same page as the QB and being able to run routes aren't the same thing.
Rounding off a simple quick out and not having the proper depth is absolutely the same thing as not being able to run a route.

He's not on the same page with his QB because he runs sloppy routes. Routinely.

You're falling for flash over substance because the substance isn't there. Devante Adams runs routes - Skyy Moore just moves his feet a lot and rounds his shit off.

Route running is about timing and location. Moore is awful at both of those things. You keep wanting to give him credit for stuff that works in 1v1 drills and that's just not how an NFL offense operates. If you can't get where you're supposed to be, when you're supposed to be there, you're not running quality routes.

Moore doesn't.
[Reply]
Page 222 of 280
« First < 122172212218219220221222 223224225226232272 > Last »
Up