ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 222 of 488
« First < 122172212218219220221222 223224225226232272322 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:46 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by nychief:
falcons.

#Giants pass-rusher Lorenzo Carter is expected to sign a 1-year deal with the #Falcons, source said. Carter had five sacks in his last four games, showing promise that ATL hopes to capitalize on.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 21, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 08:48 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If they're not in on Key, I gotta believe they're still in on Smith.

Not sure I prefer that route at this point, to be honest. Smith's approach with Baltimore, an organization he has a history with, really put me off him.

That's a guy who's just out for the check and I could easily see him shutting it down if he gets paid. Or pouting if he doesn't.

Not sure I want him even at the same price as Key at this point when you consider that, his age and the injury issues.
Once I saw the article I posted….it kind of soured me on him. It’s not confirmed so I guess I’ll wait to see but it sure comes off as him seeing all the money guys were getting and then backing out of his deal.

I would much rather get Dunlap on a 1-2 year deal if we’re wanting an older DE who is consistent.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:53 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Goddamnit
[Reply]
staylor26 08:54 AM 03-21-2022
Doesn’t seem like they’re at all interested in the younger edge rushers.

My guess is they want to draft at least 1 in the first 2 rounds, and they still like Kaindoh, so they’re just looking for a vet that can be a stopgap.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:55 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

My guess is they want to draft at least 1 in the first 2 rounds, and they still like Kaindoh, so they’re just looking for a vet that can be a stopgap.
My guess is they bring Ingram back.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:55 AM 03-21-2022

Yeah, haven't heard anything from them on that group of relatively affordable 25-26 yr old guys.

Seems like they're content back-filling in the draft and scooping up a cheap vet that slips through the first wave.

Not the direction I'd go, but they didn't ask me.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:00 AM 03-21-2022
There are still guys out there I think would make this DE group better.

Dunlap
Barnett
Green
Key
[Reply]
RunKC 09:05 AM 03-21-2022
Just my 2 cents. They like Ingram and know he wants to come back but will make it for the right price. They also like the edge class and want to find on there.

I really wonder if they are going to draft a DE and DT with our first 2 picks? I really wouldn’t be surprised by that bc there are boundary corners with athleticism that can be had in rd 3
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:07 AM 03-21-2022
They could also be higher on Kaindoh and want to see him with more of a role in this defense.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:08 AM 03-21-2022
Agreed.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:14 AM 03-21-2022
I agree, but Ingram is 33, and only 6'2 and 247 lbs with just 2 sacks last year.

I'm wondering why Chiefs Nation has never shown any interest in Jadeveon Clowney!? He's 29, 6'5, and 255 lbs, is a top-tier disruptor at DE that comes at a below-market price tag and finished the previous year with 9 sacks.

I just see zero interest from our fanship for him, and I'm not sure why?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:16 AM 03-21-2022
This is from a Nate Taylor article about bringing back Nnadi.

Draft impact

While the Chiefs were able to restructure the contract for defensive end Frank Clark and retain Nnadi, Veach and defensive coordinator Spagnuolo will still likely want to select a defensive lineman in the draft to add quality depth.

The Chiefs have four picks, including two third-round selections, in the first three rounds of the draft. The odds of the Chiefs selecting a defensive lineman with one of those picks, likely an edge rusher, are high. The Chiefs are high on a number of defensive linemen in the upcoming draft class, and the team could move up in the first round via a trade — trading the 30th overall pick and one of their third-round picks — to select such a prospect.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 09:17 AM 03-21-2022

Kaindoh has a pretty big leap to make this offseason, he was overmatched what little he was on the field
[Reply]
RunKC 09:23 AM 03-21-2022
This is from a Nate Taylor article about bringing back Nnadi.

Draft impact

While the Chiefs were able to restructure the contract for defensive end Frank Clark and retain Nnadi, Veach and defensive coordinator Spagnuolo will still likely want to select a defensive lineman in the draft to add quality depth.

The Chiefs have four picks, including two third-round selections, in the first three rounds of the draft. The odds of the Chiefs selecting a defensive lineman with one of those picks, likely an edge rusher, are high. The Chiefs are high on a number of defensive linemen in the upcoming draft class, and the team could move up in the first round via a trade — trading the 30th overall pick and one of their third-round picks — to select such a prospect.
This sounds like Brett Veach. I still wonder who would be there for us to move up? I don’t think Devinte Wyatt is worth that. I think it would have to be an edge rusher.

Jermaine Johnson has been mocked around 22-25 but also in the top 15. Who knows
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:25 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This sounds like Brett Veach. I still wonder who would be there for us to move up? I don’t think Devinte Wyatt is worth that. I think it would have to be an edge rusher.

Jermaine Johnson has been mocked around 22-25 but also in the top 15. Who knows
I guess it depends on how far a guy like Johnson or Karlaftis fall.
[Reply]
Page 222 of 488
« First < 122172212218219220221222 223224225226232272322 > Last »
Up