View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 220 of 343
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230270320 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:58 AM 10-18-2022
A bit of added context for just how poor Brown Jr has been this season.

Orlando Brown Jr has progressed well as a pass blocker from week 5 until now. The first 4 weeks he allowed a combined 11 pressures(2.75 pressures per game). In weeks 5-13 he has allowed just 19 pressures(2.38 pressures per game). He allowed 0 pressures against the Denver Broncos.

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) December 7, 2021

He isn't playing anywhere near the level he was last season.
[Reply]
-King- 10:59 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
That is the play where I thought Pat could have gotten a first down running because that whole left side is wide open.
Yeah he shouldn't have cut back right. That would have been an easy first down plus with 2 blockers in front of him.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:00 AM 10-18-2022
47 percent wanted him paid. Dipshit as CP.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:01 AM 10-18-2022
That is the play where I thought Pat could have gotten a first down running because that whole left side is wide open.
Yep.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:02 AM 10-18-2022
I honestly have no idea what Wylie could've been trying to do there. He actually got a pretty easy assignment; help from Smith, a little twist that puts him up against a guy without a head of steam. And he just get blown away anyway. It's just such a half-assed little punch; it's like a pro-forma sort of block vs. having any intent behind it.

I just don't know how that happens. Like we've said - Wylie was decent last year.

Lord that was a bad rep.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:03 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Look at the blocking assignments here - McKinnon is clearly intended to chip Miller's outside shoulder and Wylie is protecting that direction. Smith is looking RIGHT AT Miller - he's clearly supposed to be getting over there. And just like the interception, he just...doesn't.

Wylie is obviously expecting inside help there and it's just late arriving. It's happening way too frequently with Smith. Especially since he's also getting beat with bull rushes. He's not been as bad as Wylie has been the last few weeks, but he's been worse than Brown.

And folks wanna make our interior line WORSE by sliding Thuney out to Tackle? There's no way we can get away with that. Smith isn't getting the job done inside as it is.
Since the chip is there on the outside, shouldn't Wylie be playing the inside a little more?
OBJ looks like he's wearing rollerskates the way he's getting pushed back.
Why isn't Andy calling more plays that get the ball out of Mahomes' hands in under 3 seconds? 5th step, ball is out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:06 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
A bit of added context for just how poor Brown Jr has been this season.

He isn't playing anywhere near the level he was last season.
I don't think anyone disagrees.

I think the silver lining, such as it is, would be that he didn't really seem to lock in until the Giants game last year at mid-season. We'll see if he has that kind of turnaround in him this year.

Because I think everyone agrees that, in aggregate, this has probably been the worst year of his career thus far.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:06 AM 10-18-2022
And yes, one of two things is true. Smith is playing with a significant injury or he just isn't what we thought he was. Allegretti took his spot for one game and that was arguably to he best game of complete offense this team has played this far.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:07 AM 10-18-2022

I think the silver lining, such as it is, would be that he didn't really seem to lock in until the Giants game last year at mid-season. We'll see if he has that kind of turnaround in him this year.

Because I think everyone agrees that, in aggregate, this has probably been the worst year of his career thus far.
At this point, his improvement is all we can hope for. It really seems like we're just fucked for this year. Especially since Wylie is even worse.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:08 AM 10-18-2022
I honestly have no idea what Wylie could've been trying to do there. He actually got a pretty easy assignment; help from Smith, a little twist that puts him up against a guy without a head of steam. And he just get blown away anyway. It's just such a half-assed little punch; it's like a pro-forma sort of block vs. having any intent behind it.

I just don't know how that happens. Like we've said - Wylie was decent last year.

Lord that was a bad rep.
yep. He is a backup level RT starting but we are stuck with him this year. OBJ at least half way did his job by making Vonn go the long way around.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Since the chip is there on the outside, shouldn't Wylie be playing the inside a little more?
OBJ looks like he's wearing rollerskates the way he's getting pushed back.
Why isn't Andy calling more plays that get the ball out of Mahomes' hands in under 3 seconds? 5th step, ball is out.
Because I think he expects help inside as well so he's playing it 'straight'. If he cheats too far inside, it's not like McKinnon can wall off Miller on a simple chip.

And OBJ is doing a lot of OBJ stuff there, IMO. He does get re-set and eventually stands Rousseau up. Look at Mahomes drifting there - he's drifting INTO Brown. Brown gets Rousseau stood up a yard outside the left hash, but Mahomes has drifted that direction. Then of course the right side fails miserably and he has nowhere to go.

I don't think that's a bad rep from Brown - it just looks worse than it was because Wylie/Smith folded and Mahomes, strangely, brings himself into Brown's lap a bit. His feet are following his eyes as he's dropping back and it tightens that split up quite a bit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:11 AM 10-18-2022

Meh, I've seen plenty of folks trying to explain away just how abysmally putrid he's been this season.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:26 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Huh? 7 pressures is awful. A 16% pressure rate by your LT is awful. All but the worst teams and OLs in football typically surrender pressure on 30 to 40 percent of passing snaps. That's EVERYBODY on the team. Just your LT surrending on 16% isn't sustainable.
I’m not sure all of those pressures are legit. That clip of Brown Jr pushing Von 10 yards deep was on Patrick to step up. Granted Wylie got his asshole plunged into an incenirator to ruin the play, but still.

It’s not anywhere near unusual to give up 7 pressures to a 1st ballot HOF. Idk what you’re asking for here.

I mean damn. Eric Fisher allowed 12 pressures to Nick Bosa in the SB and that guy is well on his way to being a first ballot HOF candidate.

Elite players aren’t gonna be shut out often
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m not sure all of those pressures are legit. That clip of Brown Jr pushing Von 10 yards deep was on Patrick to step up. Granted Wylie for his asshole plunged into an incenirator to ruin the play, but still.

It’s not anywhere near unusual to give up 7 pressures to a 1st ballot HOF. Idk what you’re asking for here.

I mean damn. Eric Fisher allowed 12 pressures to Nick Bosa in the SB and that guy is well on his way to being a first ballot HOF candidate.

Miller wasn't lined up over OBJ for most of the game, Rousseau was. And he's not a 1st ballot HOFer at all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 AM 10-18-2022
I’m not sure all of those pressures are legit. That clip of Brown Jr pushing Von 10 yards deep was on Patrick to step up. Granted Wylie for his asshole plunged into an incenirator to ruin the play, but still.

Miller wasn't lined up over OBJ for most of the game, Rousseau was. And he's not a 1st ballot HOFer at all.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:33 AM 10-18-2022
I’m not sure all of those pressures are legit. That clip of Brown Jr pushing Von 10 yards deep was on Patrick to step up. Granted Wylie got his asshole plunged into an incenirator to ruin the play, but still.

There it is. Quit handwaving away this schmucks bullshit. The Cardinals have an absolute dearth of talent at pass rusher. I mean, fucking NOBODY. Guess how many pressures Brown gave up? Fucking FIVE. To absolute nobodies. This guy has been fucking shit ALL season and it's fucking tiring to read otherwise.
[Reply]
Page 220 of 343
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230270320 > Last »
Up