ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 28
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Tag Sneed and Grant him permission to seek trade.
DenverChief 04:37 PM 02-28-2024

BREAKING: The #Chiefs have placed the franchise tag on CB L'Jarius Sneed, sources tell @BleacherReport. It will cost a little over $19M.

Kansas City’s priority is to extend Chris Jones for now and they’ll see what happens with Sneed after. pic.twitter.com/RBfalU55bd

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) February 28, 2024

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City Chiefs could be saying goodbye to one of their defensive stars.

The Chiefs have granted cornerback L'Jarius Sneed permission to seek a trade, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Wednesday. Rapoport added the Chiefs could elect to use their franchise tag on Sneed ahead of next Tuesday's deadline and then trade the fourth-year defensive back.

If Kansas City does indeed tag Sneed by the March 5 deadline, the organization will have until mid-July to either lock him into a larger extension or presumably make good on its word and trade him. The one-year franchise tag for cornerbacks is set at $19.8 million for the 2024 season.

The 2020 fourth-rounder has blossomed into a stud for the Chiefs during his rookie contract, developing a reputation for sticky coverage with 10 interceptions, 40 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and 6.5 sacks in his career.

Teams are sure to come calling, but they'll have to compete with the K.C.'s negotiating power and the lure of sticking it out with the team that drafted him to make a run at a Super Bowl three-peat.
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-gran...-to-seek-trade
[Reply]
Jerm 10:13 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Sneed hasn’t had knee problems since his rookie year… can we all stop with this knee bullshit. He’s played 90% or more of the defensive snaps every year except his rookie year
Did you forget all of training camp last season and the Detroit game?

What the hell are you talking about? You have no idea.

Just because a guy plays doesn't mean there isn't an issue...hell Jaylen Watson played 90% of last season with a torn labrum, did anyone know it outside of the Chiefs? No.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 10:14 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Sneed hasn’t had knee problems since his rookie year… can we all stop with this knee bullshit. He’s played 90% or more of the defensive snaps every year except his rookie year
If his knee really was an issue, the Chiefs wouldn't have tagged him in the first place. You don't guarantee 20 mil to someone who's knee can blow up at any point.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:15 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
If his knee really was an issue, the Chiefs wouldn't have tagged him in the first place. You don't guarantee 20 mil to someone who's knee can blow up at any point.
We shall call him Juju.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:23 AM 03-07-2024
Eagle emoji?

Still learning, still growing, still dreaming, still going ��!

— Sneed (@jay__sneed) March 7, 2024

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:24 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Eagle emoji?

It's his thing. He posts it all the time.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:24 AM 03-07-2024
Did anyone share this article yet?

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/news/k...ck-per-insider

Russini thinks the Chiefs will get more than previously hoped for Sneed from what she’s hearing. She implies a first round pick isn’t out of the question.

I’m skeptical of that as I’ve said before. I’m expecting a second or a package of lower picks. Maybe some combination of moving up in the first and back somewhere else.

I hope she’s right though.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:26 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Mock drafts have Quinyon Mitchell going around 15 to the Colts, I'm just still surprised that Sneed isn't worth a first. You're telling me a young guy from Toledo is more valuable than Sneed? Negatives is the contract, and his knee, but you get what you pay for and if you give me the option of a shutdown corner in his prime, the instincts he has, the experience of being a Super Bowl winner on a historic defense and the strength he would give to your secondary. That knee better be the only reason because I could sell him for a first to another team and Veach should be able to secure a 28 - 45 pick for him easy.
Teams might be spooked after the Chiefs let JuJu waltz into New England with a bum knee.

Hopefully they're quelling those concerns with a physical.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:27 AM 03-07-2024
Someone did post what Russini said. Oh well. The article is above if you’re interested.
[Reply]
O.city 10:29 AM 03-07-2024
If someone was gonna give a first....the Chiefs would jump at that.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:33 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Teams might be spooked after the Chiefs let JuJu waltz into New England with a bum knee.

JuJu had a bum knee before even signing with the Chiefs. JuJu's bum knee is as well known as JuJu himself. That has nothing to do with shit.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:36 AM 03-07-2024
I mean it really comes down to why would we help the dynasty? I don't blame them for it, it's probably in their best interest, AFC or NFC. Nobody should want to work with us to try to avoid NFL history being made.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:39 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

:-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:42 AM 03-07-2024
Russini was talking the Athletic Football pod and in short terms said

1) She thinks Jones is staying

2) She expects the trade to definitely happen with Sneed but it's going to be in another week or so. Probably because the acquiring team has to negotiate the contract terms too.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:59 AM 03-07-2024
Eagles have two 2nd round picks 51 /53 I believe. Ill take those
[Reply]
Radar Chief 11:02 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Eagle emoji?

Fuck yea!

[Reply]
Page 22 of 28
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up