ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 23
« First < 121819202122 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson has asked Baltimore to trade him
RunKC 08:51 AM 03-27-2023

in regards to my future plans. As of March 2nd I requested a trade from the Ravens organization for which the Ravens has not been interested in meeting my value, any and everyone that’s has met me or been around me know I love the game of football and my dream is to help a team

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

win the super bowl. You all are great but I had to make a business decision that was best for my family and I. No matter how far I go or where my career takes me, I’ll continue to be close to my fans of Baltimore Flock nation and the entire State of Maryland. You’ll See me again

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
tredadda 06:50 AM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by morphius:
Yup, with a guarantied contract and a salary cap both, you essentially lock your team in with a guy that has missed a ton of games his last 2 years. If he misses time you will not be able to afford the pieces to keep the team surviving while he is out. Oh, and lets give up the picks that could possibly get those pieces on top of that. Then you have the job risk, 'cause if you bring him in and you can't do better than a wild card and a loss, you and the staff you are responsible for will be looking for a job.
Due to the injury risk no player, not even Mahomes is worth a fully guaranteed contract.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:06 AM 03-31-2023
I don't know what you do about Lamar Jackson. Can you make it through Mahomes - Burrow - Allen (and even Rodgers - Lawrence) to make it to the Super Bowl with him? I don't think you can, but are you really finding someone better? Probably not. Damned if you, damned if you don't.
[Reply]
notorious 07:21 AM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
They got rid of Roman so they are moving away from one of the few coordinators who could design an offense around his skill set.

I would not be surprised if Jackson saves face and signs a 2-3 year deal and tries to build his value for the next contract while getting a guarantee in his contract that the Ravens can’t franchise him again.
Grab a high school coach within a 15 mile radius to design an offense for Lamar.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:26 AM 03-31-2023
I’m with this guy. 4th in QB EPA since 2018.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/3...patriots-colts

Meanwhile, Watson, WalRuss, and Wentz get traded for one or more firsts.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:27 AM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by unBelizable:
I’m with this guy. 4th in QB EPA since 2018.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/3...patriots-colts

Meanwhile, Watson, WalRuss, and Wentz get traded for one or more firsts.
Yea, it's that the entire NFL doesn't know what they're doing, not the fact that Lamar has no agent to go with unrealistic contract demands :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 09:33 AM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, it's that the entire NFL doesn't know what they're doing, not the fact that Lamar has no agent to go with unrealistic contract demands :-)
Hot take: coaches and GM’s are seeing teams like the Colts, Broncos and Browns getting killed by trading valuable assets and paying these guys on top of that and are either old or don’t have the skill set and it’s not worked so they don’t wanna do it anymore.

At least with a draft pick or cheaper vet (Geno, Heinicke) you aren’t paying a ton of money.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:03 AM 03-31-2023
I'm not sure that I can really relate to any of this; the amount of money, even if it's 'only' $30,000,000 per year is something that I can't really comprehend. And to get upset because you aren't being treated 'fairly'? Geez, you are playing a game and most likely, been treated like royalty your entire life. Maybe that's part of the issue, most of these people have no idea what it's like to work a low end job and scrape for money to put food on the table.

Seems like poor reflection on society; that's a topic for a different forum...
[Reply]
crispystl 11:09 AM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm not really a Lamar apologist. I do think he's a good QB and great football player, though, plus he is exciting to watch so I'm rooting for him in that regard. He's also not douchey (like Josh Allen) and doesn't have a punchable face (like Joe Burrow). He had them at 8-4 and in 1st place in the AFC North before he got hurt. They lil bro the Bengals when he's in the lineup, which I find hilarious given how cocky they've gotten over the last couple years.

These guys have such a limited window to maximize their earning potential. If he ends up sitting out a year, I don't think I'd consider it a "win". I mean, I suppose it's possible based on the final details of the contract he signs, but I feel like these guys are best off striking while that iron is hot.
"Lamar Jackson isn't a moron" is a weird fucking hill to die on man.
There's obviously an adequate sample size to prove he is indeed an idiot, but you do you!
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:15 AM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I'm not sure that I can really relate to any of this; the amount of money, even if it's 'only' $30,000,000 per year is something that I can't really comprehend. And to get upset because you aren't being treated 'fairly'? Geez, you are playing a game and most likely, been treated like royalty your entire life. Maybe that's part of the issue, most of these people have no idea what it's like to work a low end job and scrape for money to put food on the table.

Seems like poor reflection on society; that's a topic for a different forum...
A lot of these guys grew up dirt poor and in living situations tha the "working man" doesn't even understand.

A of NFL players dream their entire childhood about making it big and escaping poverty and violence.

There's more to it than just your dollar-variety greed.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:50 AM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
"Lamar Jackson isn't a moron" is a weird fucking hill to die on man.
There's obviously an adequate sample size to prove he is indeed an idiot, but you do you!
I never said he wasn't a moron. In fact, I said "he's a lovable goof" and "his idiocy isn't hurting anyone but himself" but go off.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:38 PM 03-31-2023
So the tag number is like $32 million, right? And thus far he's giving little indication he's willing to sign the tender.

But what if he told Baltimore he'd take 1 yr/$40 million? Would Baltimore do it? Sure, it's $8 million north of the tag figure, but it gets him on the field and there's no long-term risk.

For Lamar he has a chance to go out there and put up a better platform season then enter the market in a year that is coming OFF the correction you're clearly seeing from teams this season.

Additionally, it sets a baseline at $40 million for him next season so the tag figure for him would be, what, $48 million? It might be prohibitive enough to keep the tag off him. It would also put $40 million in his pocket.

Wouldn't that just be the best option for both parties at this point?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:55 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So the tag number is like $32 million, right? And thus far he's giving little indication he's willing to sign the tender.

But what if he told Baltimore he'd take 1 yr/$40 million? Would Baltimore do it? Sure, it's $8 million north of the tag figure, but it gets him on the field and there's no long-term risk.

For Lamar he has a chance to go out there and put up a better platform season then enter the market in a year that is coming OFF the correction you're clearly seeing from teams this season.

Additionally, it sets a baseline at $40 million for him next season so the tag figure for him would be, what, $48 million? It might be prohibitive enough to keep the tag off him. It would also put $40 million in his pocket.

Wouldn't that just be the best option for both parties at this point?
To my understanding the Ravens can offer additional money while Lamar is on the tag, they don't even need a new 1 year deal.

So yeah, Lamar won't play on $32M. The Ravens will surely sweeten the honey pot to get him into the $40-$45M range so he doesn't hold out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:00 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
To my understanding the Ravens can offer additional money while Lamar is on the tag, they don't even need a new 1 year deal.

So yeah, Lamar won't play on $32M. The Ravens will surely sweeten the honey pot to get him into the $40-$45M range so he doesn't hold out.
He can't 'hold out' per se - he hasn't signed the tender. They need to encourage him to do so. And throwing money at him may be the only way to do it in a way that doesn't hamstring them long term.

But ultimately I think they really want to move on from him. And if they give him $40 million I think their ability to tag and trade him next year would vanish. So for that one season, they're using $40 million in cap space (that can't roll over now) and effectively wrecking his trade value.

It would be a VERY short term move so they may not be willing to do so either.

I think the savvy play at this point is to really put on a press to try to get that 4th overall from Indy. Just the 4th overall - give up on this 2 first rounders shit because you're not getting that. Or at the very least if you do, it'll be after the draft. Is it worth going from the 4th overall pick in 2023 to maybe the 12th overall in 2024 and 2025? Maybe a little better, maybe a little worse.

The pick charts say it isn't. And frankly it wouldn't be close.

So if they can get Indy to blink and offer that 1.4 - take it and be done with all this.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:13 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think the savvy play at this point is to really put on a press to try to get that 4th overall from Indy. Just the 4th overall - give up on this 2 first rounders shit because you're not getting that. Or at the very least if you do, it'll be after the draft.
Idk man, Deshaun Watson went for 3 1sts, a 3rd and a 4th.

Tater Wilson went for 2 1sts, a 2nd, 3rd, 5th and some players.

And both of those guys got new expensive contracts too.

I don't think a single 1st round pick would be fair market value. Ravens would come away looking like chumps for that.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:38 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Due to the injury risk no player, not even Mahomes is worth a fully guaranteed contract.
If Mahomes was a completely FA:

Which would you prefer?

Mahomes for five years fully guaranteed at 300 million?

Some routine QB and routine contract take your pick Mac Jones to Derek Carr?

Or say you have the fifth overall pick in the draft?*

*But you can try and trade up.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 23
« First < 121819202122 23 >
Up