ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 80
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
O.city 07:45 AM 01-23-2023
I would imagine he's alot better than they thought he would be when it happened.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:47 AM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I am talking about plenty good enough for mahomes to play an effective game. I’m plenty realistic that this will be a tough one.
No doubt man. My bad misunderstood your post.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:19 AM 01-23-2023
Everyone should also be thanking the football Gods that Arden Key isn't 50 pounds heavier, or we're probably looking a much worse situation.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:39 AM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Why would landing on the lateral leg cause inversion?

Maybe we are trying to say the same thing , different wording maybe the ligament stress would be on the medial aspect of the leg so maybe when you mentioned fibula it threw me off a typical rolled ankle would stress the fibula ligament attachment guess you meant fibula fracture from the direct impact I was think avulsion fracture .
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:02 AM 01-23-2023
The more i watch this the more intentional it seems. Am I crazy?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:03 AM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I'm done watching it, I don't ever want to see it again.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:09 AM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Mahomes keeps posting the clock face on twitter
Heaven and earth wont be able to keep him down for this one
He's well aware of his shitty play in the 2nd half. No way a competitive person doesn't have that fire burning inside to make that right. Hobbling around on 1/2 an ankle be damned.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:15 AM 01-23-2023
I think he’s trying to pull pat down I think landing on the ankle was not intentional.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:40 AM 01-23-2023
For watching it over and over... yeah, maybe.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:41 AM 01-23-2023
It does seem strange that he pulls his legs up instead of just laying out. But I've never tackled a guy and don't know the reasons things happen the way they do.
[Reply]
redfan 09:57 AM 01-23-2023
Not intentional, just a big dumbass oaf of a human falling down.
[Reply]
budman3 09:58 AM 01-23-2023
A healthy Mahomes means the game can be won because of him. A 75% of Mahomes would be good enough against any team...except the Bengals who scheme and have had confused him three straight games when he was healthy. He needs to be able to dance around the pocket, slide to either slide, use his back leg to make all the crazy throws he can make and take off with speed to pick up first downs when needed the most. A one legged PM is not the same and the Bengals will exploit that even more. Expecting him to have a miraculous recovery with an injury that sidelines players for upwards of 2-3 weeks, let alone a QB who relies upon his legs, and that he won't miss a beat is very wishful thinking, IMO. Even for Andy Reid. And while I don't know the weather forecast for Sunday night, any type of cold, wet field doesn't help him either.

This game is going to have to be won by the defense which is going up against the hottest team in the league with the QB playing better than anyone else right now, has confidence and has weapons the Chiefs defense has trouble matching up against. Especially with Spagnoula's vanilla defense which lacks LB'er play on either side of Bolton and not a good enough pass rush to protect the secondary. And fanswho keep saying the Bengals can't protect Borrows with an injured and inexperienced offensive line haven't been watching them play lately.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:46 AM 01-23-2023
He does seem to move his leg into a position to fall right on Mahomes' ankle, and it looks like a bit of an odd way to go to the ground unless he's trying to land a certain way.

That said, it's easy for us to watch it on a screen and say it was malicious. We don't know what he was thinking as he was repositioning his body during a huge collision in real time. I doubt he even had the whereabouts to know exactly how he would be landing because they were both in a pretty awkward position.
[Reply]
TLO 10:50 AM 01-23-2023
I doubt we're getting any kind of updates today? I know Andy Reid will speak today, but I doubt he says much of anything
[Reply]
sedated 10:53 AM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
I doubt we're getting any kind of updates today? I know Andy Reid will speak today, but I doubt he says much of anything
IMHO 99% chance we don't hear anything until game day, except for "game-time decision"
[Reply]
Page 22 of 80
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Up