ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 34
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Bryan Cook Thread*****
Hammock Parties 05:07 PM 01-30-2023
Cook has Year 2 stud written all over him.

Fixin' to wreck some hoes from strong.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:19 PM 01-30-2023
And in fairness to Cook on the Chase play - shit that's a good call. I mean really, what choice did Cook have? He almost has to come downhill on that play. If he doesn't and it ISN'T a double move, he's just left Chase wide the hell open on an easy pitch and catch over the middle for a critical 1st down.

Cook was in no-man's land. That's the kind of shit Reid used to do with Hill all the time; just put so much pressure on the safety that no matter what decision he makes, it's probably the wrong one.

As much as that seemed like a really bad play by Cook at the time, the more I look at it the more I see a great play design and a great call at a key spot combined with a premier talent making an outstanding play on the ball. Suddenly it seems to fall into 'tip your cap' territory. The play wasn't as easy for him to make as I thought it was.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:26 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And in fairness to Cook on the Chase play - shit that's a good call. I mean really, what choice did Cook have? He almost has to come downhill on that play. If he doesn't and it ISN'T a double move, he's just left Chase wide the hell open on an easy pitch and catch over the middle for a critical 1st down.

Cook was in no-man's land. That's the kind of shit Reid used to do with Hill all the time; just put so much pressure on the safety that no matter what decision he makes, it's probably the wrong one.

As much as that seemed like a really bad play by Cook at the time, the more I look at it the more I see a great play design and a great call at a key spot combined with a premier talent making an outstanding play on the ball. Suddenly it seems to fall into 'tip your cap' territory. The play wasn't as easy for him to make as I thought it was.
Interesting on the second play that Burrow doesn't sell the slant at all. I bet Mahomes would have done better.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:08 PM 01-31-2023
Look at this motherfucker just blaze his ass across the field and make the tackle. He’s a lot faster than I gave him credit for. He’s gonna come in real handy in the SB.

Bryan Cook showing off his wheels again. That’s a lot of ground to cover a running back that quickly. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/mv6WhlzvOo

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) January 31, 2023

We just weren’t getting this from Dirty Dan anymore. He’s developed nicely at the end of the season.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:06 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Look at this mother****er just blaze his ass across the field and make the tackle. He’s a lot faster than I gave him credit for. He’s gonna come in real handy in the SB.

We just weren’t getting this from Dirty Dan anymore. He’s developed nicely at the end of the season.
Damn, that mother fucker can fly.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:21 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Damn, that mother fucker can fly.
Not trying to pick on Bolton, but watch those two and notice the difference in speed. Holy shit Cook is fast.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 05:21 PM 01-30-2023
I'll be real, I didn't expect much from him when we drafted him. Wasn't a sexy pick at the time.

But again, this is why Veach is the GOAT. What a nice pick.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:19 AM 02-01-2023
Likable guy, but drafted too high in my eyes. Maybe the Senior Bowl gave him some added draft boost. Who knows? Seems a little stiff and not very instinctual at the NFL level. Maybe that will come with experience. He is a thumper and his aggressiveness is a plus. I wish him much success. Truly hope that he proves me wrong & merits that draft pick. Even if he is from Cinci. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:46 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Likable guy, but drafted too high in my eyes. Maybe the Senior Bowl gave him some added draft boost. Who knows? Seems a little stiff and not very instinctual at the NFL level. Maybe that will come with experience. He is a thumper and his aggressiveness is a plus. I wish him much success. Truly hope that he proves me wrong & merits that draft pick. Even if he is from Cinci. :-)
Man, I just don’t know how he could still have the stiff attribute after the game swinging play he made at one of the most pivotal moments in the championship game. We were all begging Tyrann or even Jones to make just one play like that to swing last year’s game. But this year, it was a rookie who stepped up when the lights were brightest (while Jones had a redemption game of his own, ofc).
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:07 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Man, I just don’t know how he could still have the stiff attribute after the game swinging play he made at one of the most pivotal moments in the championship game. We were all begging Tyrann or even Jones to make just one play like that to swing last year’s game. But this year, it was a rookie who stepped up when the lights were brightest (while Jones had a redemption game of his own, ofc).
Good play by him. Also had some bad plays. Time will tell. Still rooting for him & every other “rookie” on the squad.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:59 AM 02-01-2023
Terrible take.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:10 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Terrible take.
Plenty more where that came from. You still seem nice. Hugs. :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:36 PM 02-01-2023
The **** does "drafted too high in my eyes" mean? Where "should" a guy with his talents be drafted (and still assure the Chiefs that he isn't drafted by another team)?

Unbelievable.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:42 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The **** does "drafted too high in my eyes" mean? Where "should" a guy with his talents be drafted (and still assure the Chiefs that he isn't drafted by another team)?

Unbelievable.
Too high is drafterbator for “I didn’t have him going that early”.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:52 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The **** does "drafted too high in my eyes" mean? Where "should" a guy with his talents be drafted (and still assure the Chiefs that he isn't drafted by another team)? Unbelievable.
Have a sip of your Octoberfest pixie's beer and believe it. (Wonder how old she is now after all these years. God bless her.) Chiefs are going to the SB, so lighten up Francis.

Based on Cook's college career, draft profile, Chiefs' draft position/needs and other teams' draft needs: I would have taken a chance & traded back to get Cook or Joseph Kerby (taken R3, #97 overall). Assuming that a trade partner could be found. But the draft is a crapshoot. Lots of hard to define variables. One easy to define variable is that the Chiefs had already signed Bush. That was no doubt part of the calculus. So I am happy to defer to Mr. Veach. He's the expert on all things Chiefs. (After all these years, it's a sweet thing to have adults running the show at Arrowhead. I'm so very thankful to have a GM who isn't a narcissistic blowhard cursing out top draft picks and their agents or playing hall monitor to candy bar wrappers. All the while doing God's work in running this franchise.) That said, Chiefs are AFC Champions and heading to the SB. I'm not losing sleep over any of the draft picks... even if I wouldn't have taken Cook in the 2nd round.

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Too high is drafterbator for “I didn’t have him going that early”.
I'm a Master Drafterbater. And I'm taking the GF and her twin sister to Belize to watch the SB. Two finer butts you've never seen. :-)
[Reply]
Page 22 of 34
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up