ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 31
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best National Media Tears Official Thread
staylor26 11:50 PM 01-23-2022

The NFL is the greatest league in sports because of the parity. The last team drafts first, the first team drafts last. Not allowing Josh Allen, the best player in today’s game, to touch the ball in overtime is one thing the @NFL must fix. pic.twitter.com/UqP4vE6nc0

— Emmanuel Acho (@EmmanuelAcho) January 24, 2022

[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:28 PM 01-25-2022
Mods please make a BB repository so these jackasses can take their bullshit to it and gtfo of this thread. Thanks
[Reply]
DRM08 12:33 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's NEVER had a bad post-season game. He's never had a post-season game that was anything less than great. The only 2 games where his stats weren't outstanding were against SF in the Super Bowl when he was only the MVP and against TB in the SB when he played possibly the most heroic game I've ever seen in a losing effort.

His median playoff QB rating is 120.4. What in the actual fuck is that?!

I mean the GOAT has played in 50 playoff games, but in his prime he went 23/42 for 154 yards and 3 interceptions at HOME. Brady has 5 playoff games above 120 in 47 tries. Mahomes has 5 in 10.

But fellas - here's the dirty little secret. Patrick Mahomes might not actually be 'clutch'. He's just really fucking good. The difference between Mahomes and mortals is that Mahomes in the post-season plays to his regular season numbers. 107 career passer rating in the playoffs - 106 in the regular season. 310 YPG in the playoffs, 302 in the regular season. 5/1 TD/INT ratio in the postseason, 4.1/1 in the regular season. 8.7 AY/A in the regular season, 8.8 AY/A in the post-season.

He's a hair better pretty much across the board, but its within the margin for error. Patrick Mahomes is just fucking awesome. He's awesome in January, he's awesome in September. About the only time he may seem merely mortal is in February but I think we can give him a pass for only winning one MVP and then getting murdered.

It still floors me that people try to diminish what he's doing for the sake of hot takes. This is historic.
There is still a clutch factor involved. Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning are evidence of this. They were incredible QB’s in regular season with 9 MVP’s, but they choked a lot in the playoffs. Mahomes has already passed their career totals for win probability added in playoff games, even though he has played far fewer games than them. If he plays as many playoff games as Brady, he will double Brady in this metric. He has reached over 50% of Brady’s total while playing less than 25% of Brady’s snaps. Check it out:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tucker_Tn...84088078217220

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:41 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
There is still a clutch factor involved. Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning are evidence of this. They were incredible QB’s in regular season with 9 MVP’s, but they choked a lot in the playoffs. Mahomes has already passed their career totals for win probability added in playoff games, even though he has played far fewer games than them. If he plays as many playoff games as Brady, he will double Brady in this metric. He has reached over 50% of Brady’s total while playing less than 25% of Brady’s snaps. Check it out:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tucker_Tn...84088078217220

We won't make it to the Super Bowl every year but it's virtually guaranteed Mahomes is going to be racking up a ton of playoff snaps over the next few years.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:53 PM 01-25-2022
https://www.buffalorumblings.com/202...of-my-lifetime
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:56 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We won't make it to the Super Bowl every year but it's virtually guaranteed Mahomes is going to be racking up a ton of playoff snaps over the next few years.
It’s still crazy to me that the Chiefs went so long without a home playoff win (or even a playoff win at all), and then everything just changed seemingly overnight.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:05 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It’s still crazy to me that the Chiefs went so long without a home playoff win (or even a playoff win at all), and then everything just changed seemingly overnight.

[Reply]
crispystl 04:20 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But what’s odd is that I don’t think they’d do this if it were Allen instead of Mahomes.

There’s just some really selective jealousy going on there, and it’s very strange.
This. Is gotten to the point where it’s legitimately blatant and bizarre at the same time. I don’t get it.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:22 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It’s because most QBs don’t come in and just succeed at a level that Mahomes has. People love an underdog story. The QB who was drafted 199 that goes on to win multiple rings. The QB from Wyoming with accuracy issues that had to get better each year.

Mahomes showed up, won an MVP and has been to two Super Bowls in his first three years starting. Nobody likes that guy succeeding.
That’s really the only Logical conclusion, but I just don’t see how some of these people in the media have a dog in the fight.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:23 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But what’s odd is that I don’t think they’d do this if it were Allen instead of Mahomes.

There’s just some really selective jealousy going on there, and it’s very strange.
I agree with this.

While there were some commentators lamenting about overtime rules in 2019, there were A LOT (including some calling for a change today) saying the Chiefs Defense had their shot to shut down the Pats in overtime and it was just tough luck Mahomes didn't see the ball again.

The response is just overwhelming different on the national channels today for whatever reason.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:36 PM 01-25-2022
I'd like to say it's just because of the Chiefs recent success and people being tired of them winning, but the same could easily be said about Tom Brady and the Patriots in 2019.

So not sure. Midwest team instead of east coast team? Maybe. They just feel sorry for Josh Allen because he played such a great game? Maybe. I don't think it's because they wanted the game to keep going, because let's be honest, if Bills and Allen won the toss and went down and scored, no one would care right now. There would not be any outcry over Mahomes not getting his shot, despite the fact that would have been the SECOND time Mahomes got shut out of an OT opportunity.

I think the answer is simply; jealousy.

Nothing more.

Simple, petty jealousy.

Mahomes has accomplished so much and done so much at such a young age people just can't wrap their heads around it and somehow it seems 'unfair' to them. Kind of the whole 'you need to take your lumps first before having all this success'. Mahomes has had success from Day 1 and for some reason that just seems to piss people off.

Meh, whatever. **** 'em.

He's OUR QB and they'll have to live with playing him for the next decade plus.

You don't like it? Then beat him.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 04:41 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I'd like to say it's just because of the Chiefs recent success and people being tired of them winning, but the same could easily be said about Tom Brady and the Patriots in 2019.

So not sure. Midwest team instead of east coast team? Maybe. They just feel sorry for Josh Allen because he played such a great game? Maybe. I don't think it's because they wanted the game to keep going, because let's be honest, if Bills and Allen won the toss and went down and scored, no one would care right now. There would not be any outcry over Mahomes not getting his shot, despite the fact that would have been the SECOND time Mahomes got shut out with an OT opportunity.

Nothing more.

Simple, petty jealousy.

Mahomes has accomplished so much and done so much and such a young age still people just can't wrap their heads around it and somehow it seems 'unfair' to them. Kind of the whole 'you need to take your lumps first before having all this success'. Mahomes has had success from Day 1 and for some reason that just seems to piss people off.

Meh, whatever. **** 'em.

Jealousy is my conclusion as well. Mahomes is likable and non-controversial. He is a cold-blooded killer with a smile.

With the Patriots there is always the fallback that they cheated, so people console themselves saying that they got a lot of help on their way to accomplishments.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:42 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

So not sure. Midwest team instead of east coast team? Maybe. They just feel sorry for Josh Allen because he played such a great game? Maybe. I don't think it's because they wanted the game to keep going, because let's be honest, if Bills and Allen won the toss and went down and scored, no one would care right now. There would not be any outcry over Mahomes not getting his shot, despite the fact that would have been the SECOND time Mahomes got shut out of an OT opportunity.

Nothing more.

Simple, petty jealousy.

Mahomes has accomplished so much and done so much and such a young age still people just can't wrap their heads around it and somehow it seems 'unfair' to them. Kind of the whole 'you need to take your lumps first before having all this success'. Mahomes has had success from Day 1 and for some reason that just seems to piss people off.

Meh, whatever. **** 'em.

Mahomes has taken some pretty major lumps with the playoff losses to Brady. Took a lot of lumps in college while guys like Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, and others were getting all the praise and success. When he was drafted, a bunch of people said he was a "project" who would need many years of development and that he might be a mega bust.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:01 PM 01-25-2022
Imagine how many people who work at ESPN in Bristol, Connecticut are Pats fans. Producers decide the topics the talking heads are going to talk about and in what order. That sets the tone for the national sports discussion.

I can just see some pundit wanting to talk about the OT rule after 2018, and a producer shooting them down. Nope - let's stick to the game for now.

Then this time it was like every damn show that's all they wanted to talk about. So annoying.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:55 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's NEVER had a bad post-season game. He's never had a post-season game that was anything less than great. The only 2 games where his stats weren't outstanding were against SF in the Super Bowl when he was only the MVP and against TB in the SB when he played possibly the most heroic game I've ever seen in a losing effort.

His median playoff QB rating is 120.4. What in the actual fuck is that?!

I mean the GOAT has played in 50 playoff games, but in his prime he went 23/42 for 154 yards and 3 interceptions at HOME. Brady has 5 playoff games above 120 in 47 tries. Mahomes has 5 in 10.

But fellas - here's the dirty little secret. Patrick Mahomes might not actually be 'clutch'. He's just really fucking good. The difference between Mahomes and mortals is that Mahomes in the post-season plays to his regular season numbers. 107 career passer rating in the playoffs - 106 in the regular season. 310 YPG in the playoffs, 302 in the regular season. 5/1 TD/INT ratio in the postseason, 4.1/1 in the regular season. 8.7 AY/A in the regular season, 8.8 AY/A in the post-season.

He's a hair better pretty much across the board, but its within the margin for error. Patrick Mahomes is just fucking awesome. He's awesome in January, he's awesome in September. About the only time he may seem merely mortal is in February but I think we can give him a pass for only winning one MVP and then getting murdered.

It still floors me that people try to diminish what he's doing for the sake of hot takes. This is historic.
So you seem to be saying that Patrick Mahomes will not be guilty of the thing Mike Florio warns about and describes in this hilariously stupid video

[Reply]
Frazod 06:08 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Imagine how many people who work at ESPN in Bristol, Connecticut are Pats fans. Producers decide the topics the talking heads are going to talk about and in what order. That sets the tone for the national sports discussion.

I can just see some pundit wanting to talk about the OT rule after 2018, and a producer shooting them down. Nope - let's stick to the game for now.

Then this time it was like every damn show that's all they wanted to talk about. So annoying.
We're a little team from flyover country stealing their ordained coastal metropolitan glory. It was okay that one time, but now we're supposed to fade away, and we aren't fading.

Again, fuck 'em.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 31
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up