ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 26
« First < 121819202122 23242526 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30…
MahomesMagic 11:03 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Are you ****ing serious?

2 players got better at route running when they joined the NFL?

you know of TWO?

This wins for dumbest post I've ever seen.

EVER.

they ALL do, or they're selling used cars very quickly.

Dumb.

I can think of two.

Read what I wrote and stop making up stuff and crying like a girl.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:08 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I can think of two.

No, just take it back. You literally said the dumbest, most ignorant thing I've ever read on a football board.

I will award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:31 AM 04-28-2022
No, just take it back. You literally said the dumbest, most ignorant thing I've ever read on a football board.

I will award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
Nope. If you're too.dumb to understand it, its on you.

Of course players get better. But way fewer players transform into something totally different than what they were in college.

Do you believe Mecole Hardman is similar to Terry McLaurin as a WR?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:13 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I can think of two.

hey let me help you here, champ-

Make yourself a list of all of the HOF wide receivers that weren't taken in, say, the top ten picks of the first round. Okay? so picks #11-all the way to Mr. Irrelevant. Round 'em all up, and make yourself a list, ok?

Now there is just a start to looking at WR's that got way better at route running after entering the NFL.

But that's literally just the tip of the iceberg.

you could do the same exercise and add all of the Pro Bowl WR's ever that weren't taken top ten. So, let's get to work on that too.

But even that list wouldn't be complete! You could probably safely add in every WR not taken in, say, the first 50 picks but somehow became a quality starter in the NFL. That's a safe bet to add to our list, too.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:00 PM 04-28-2022
My takes on the 2022 WR's:

Olave-does everything pretty well. I don't really see a gamebreaker. Probably going to be a good player, but is he worth multiple #1s to go get? No, I don't think so.

Garrett Wilson-I see a little more explosion than with Olave; a little more suddenness and looks to me to have an extra gear. worth multiple #1s? No, I don't think so.

London-looks like a less physical Mike Evans, and I don't think that'll play. I think he's a bust in the first.

Jameson Williams-he's explosive, he's a quick twitch guy, he's a really good Wr prospect-and he's also hurt. He's probably a wash in year one. Would I spend multiple #1's for him? Nope.

Burks-looks like a LB playing WR. He's not FAST per se, but he does have a second gear. I see AJ Brown, which is a useful player. I'd take him if he fell but I wouldn't go get him.

Watson-boom or bust. #2 RAS in 35 years, out of 2,613 WR's at the combine. He'll be as great as he wants to be. What the answer to that is, I have no idea. Knowing what I know, I wouldn't take him in the first, but I would in the 2nd. Reid and Veach know more than we do.

Pickens-he's an ass. But he seems to be a hard working ass, blocks hard, plays with a chip on his shoulder. I'd take him. I think as long as he doesn't embarass off the field we can handle and harness that attitude.

Metchie-I don't see as much separation between Metchie and Williams as draftniks seem to. I think Metchie has just as much upside, and would be a great player in this offense.

Moore-I just don't see anything special here. I think he's a slot WR that can move the chains, but not a difference maker. There are no definable elite traits.

how's that? That's my take on the top WR's.

What's so unreasonable about that?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:22 PM 04-28-2022
And you still said you'd only seen two WR's get way better at route running from college to the NFL.

No goalpost moving can erase that. No name calling can push it down in our consciousness.

you said it, you won't admit that was dumb, and we all seen't it.

:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:26 PM 04-28-2022
Girls, girls, girls - you're both pretty.

Oh wait, that's not true.

Mahomes, you're ugly and evidently as dumb as a bag of hammers.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:27 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I am pretty.

But I'm getting kind of old.

Distinguished-like.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:48 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:29 PM 04-28-2022
I like Shakir. I like Metchie better.

And you still said you'd only seen two WR's get way better at route running after being drafted into the NFL.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:50 PM 04-28-2022
I like Shakir. I like Metchie better.

And you still said you'd only seen two WR's get way better at route running after being drafted into the NFL.

Now I have to figure out what teams will ruin your pick.

[Reply]
Shoes 01:31 PM 04-28-2022
Back on track here with Watson, here is an example of why I think some of his route running issues can be rectified early with some simple coaching:

Video should start at 2:26. Watson is running a go route, DB is about 6 yards off with about 1/2 yard outside shade when the rep starts. Obviously a go-route isn't the most technical of routes, what Watson does initially is stem the route outside to take away the outside leverage of the DB. After the first 3-4 yards, Watson then should take a more vertical path, to close the cushion that the DB has and at the last second take an outside path around the DB and use his speed to get open. If Watson goes vertical after his initial outside stem, then the DB has to defend against a go route or potentially a post route, it should give Watson then ability to make his move at the top of his route. Ideally if you run past the DB then you can "stack" him to give the QB even more room to put the ball.

What Watson does wrong is that he fades away way too much on this go route and eliminates all of the space to the sideline which doesn't give the QB any area to throw the ball, even if the ball is thrown perfectly, Watson has zero room to get his feet down.

Real simple and although some may look at the negative as to why he is making this mistake, this shows me that this player has a ton of room to grow.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:45 PM 04-28-2022
It shows me a guy who can't even run a go route.

Really? The guy who has a 3-route tree can't even run the one he excels at correctly? One that most of us knew how to run in High School?

(But seriously - good post; this kid is just soooooo raaaaw. This isn't a kid that's going to be ready by November. Of 2023 even. This is a kid who MIGHT be a contributor in year 3 if everything goes well)
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:21 PM 05-31-2022
So about this...

Christian Watson had another drop against air in drills today. His hands have definitely been questionable. I don’t think there’s been a practice yet where he hasn’t dropped at least one pass. Does it matter much? Prob not - but noteworthy at least.

— Andy Herman (@AndyHermanNFL) May 31, 2022

[Reply]
kevrunner 05-31-2022, 08:41 PM
This message has been deleted by kevrunner. Reason: Error
Page 22 of 26
« First < 121819202122 23242526 >
Up