Page 22 of 43
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***2024 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 03:13 PM 02-26-2024
Bout that time fellas. Post all things combine related
[Reply]
RunKC 06:07 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Well don't draft any of them then cause they all drop balls. If that's what you're worried about just take a guard.
Or maybe Troy Franklin who is a better ball tracker/better hands

Originally Posted by :
For starters, he caught almost everything thrown in his direction during this six-game study of 2022 game film. He has dependable and confident hands he uses to pluck the ball right out of the air. All told, he caught 61 of 89 targets last season. That’s a 69% catch rate.

No matter if he was covered tightly or if he found soft spots in secondaries – – it didn’t matter. Franklin still came down with it.

[Reply]
Mecca 06:08 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Or maybe Troy Franklin who is a better ball tracker/better hands
Franklin the guy in the cross drill that let the ball eat him alive?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:11 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Umm no they weren't.

And Rice certainly isn't. Pringle wasn't.
Umm did I mention Rice? He's not exactly a giant either but I was talking about medium sized fast guys mainly.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:15 PM 03-02-2024
I don't buy that, there's to many WRs.
Outside the top 3, there haven't been too many rated above him. Thomas Jr, Franklin, Coleman, and McConkey sometimes have been the only ones consistently at or around him. With Coleman running a 4.6 he probably bowed out of that group and Adonai Mitchell popped into the discussion. Of all those guys, only Franklin and Thomas Jr were more productive in college. This kid just broke the combine record. The last two times fringe 1s ran sub-4.3 at the combine, they went really high (Ruggs 12th and Ross 9th). He absolutely just jumped them all IMO.
[Reply]
wachashi 06:15 PM 03-02-2024

Official 40-yd times for WRs (second group):

4.21 Xavier Worthy
4.33 Brian Thomas Jr. (at 209 pounds!)
4.36 Devontez Walker
4.39 Roman Wilson
4.41 Ricky Pearsall
4.45 Rome Odunze
4.46 Jamari Thrash
4.47 Malik Washington, Devaughn Vele
4.50 Brenden Rice

— Dane Brugler (@dpbrugler) March 2, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 06:16 PM 03-02-2024
Apparently 12 WRs are going round 1.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:17 PM 03-02-2024
I’d caution people to temper things when it comes to the 4.22 speed. Looks good on the outside but I still worry about Worthy’s hands and body frame.

Last year Rice, Nacua, Dell, Addison, Flowers and Reed were the best rookie WR’s.

None of them ran below a 4.4
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:17 PM 03-02-2024
If every WR in this class is DeSean Jackson or Devonta Smith, sure, why not.

:-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:18 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Walker is an interesting option in the later rounds imo.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:21 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’d caution people to temper things when it comes to the 4.22 speed. Looks good on the outside but I still worry about Worthy’s hands and body frame.

Last year Rice, Nacua, Dell, Addison, Flowers and Reed were the best rookie WR’s.

None of them ran below a 4.4
None of the top guys ran sub 4.4, it was a bad class..

The best speed was Trey Palmer at 4.33
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:23 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Rice is the only success and he's not a tiny player or frail like Franklin.

Pringle wasn't drafted.
That's irrelevant, he's arguing size. DRob, Pringle, Rice are all good sized receivers.

Hill is small. Hardman was a panic move when it looked like Hill was in legal trouble and had Hill like speed.

I don't think the Chiefs seek out large receivers necessarily, but I think the narrative that they go for small ones is overblown.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:25 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
That's irrelevant, he's arguing size. DRob, Pringle, Rice are all good sized receivers.

Hill is small. Hardman was a panic move when it looked like Hill was in legal trouble and had Hill like speed.

I don't think the Chiefs seek out large receivers necessarily, but I think the narrative that they go for small ones is overblown.
Rice seemed to break the mold.

Usually we have gone for players that have one trait and not much else.

Hardman
Skyy Moore
MVS
[Reply]
RunKC 06:26 PM 03-02-2024
And yet 1 WR broke the franchises rookie WR record (Rice), another broke the rookie WR record (Nacua) , another had 10 TD’s (Addison) and another had 7 TD’s and 700 yards in only 10 games before getting hurt (Dell)
[Reply]
kccrow 06:27 PM 03-02-2024
Just posted in the draft forum about this very thing.

I think the guaranteed guys are Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Worthy, and Thomas. Then I'd say 1 of the 3 of Franklin, Mitchell, and McConkey. It'll probably come down to a team preference on body composition/scheme fit. I still feel like from an on-the-field perspective, that player is Franklin. That'll be your first round.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:29 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Just posted in the draft forum about this very thing.

I think the guaranteed guys are Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Worthy, and Thomas. Then I'd say 1 of the 3 of Franklin, Mitchell, and McConkey. It'll probably come down to a team preference on body composition/scheme fit. I still feel like from an on-the-field perspective, that player is Franklin. That'll be your first round.
We actually agree on most of this.

Just switch Worthy and Adonai.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 43
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up