ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 57
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>****OFFICIAL 2020 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread****
staylor26 05:06 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
It can happen when you are shitty.
And when all of CP is sleeping on Chinn :-)

Dude might be the first safety off the board when it’s all said and done. At worst he’ll probably be the 3rd. His measurables are off the charts and his tape is good. Teams are going to love this guy.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 05:13 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And when all of CP is sleeping on Chinn :-)

Dude might be the first safety off the board when it’s all said and done. At worst he’ll probably be the 3rd. His measurables are off the charts and his tape is good. Teams are going to love this guy.
Do you see Chinn supplanting Haynes (LB) or Burris (SS)?

No doubt Chinn is a freak, but some have questioned his discipline and that he can freelance. It might have to do with the fact that he was the Alpha on his team. I find him and Dugger to be similar guys, but I think Dugger is better suited in a safety role where as Chinn is probably better in the box as a linebacker with fantastic sideline to sideline pursuit ability.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:20 PM 03-27-2020
Do you see Chinn supplanting Haynes (LB) or Burris (SS)?

No doubt Chinn is a freak, but some have questioned his discipline and that he can freelance. It might have to do with the fact that he was the Alpha on his team. I find him and Dugger to be similar guys, but I think Dugger is better suited in a safety role where as Chinn is probably better in the box as a linebacker with fantastic sideline to sideline pursuit ability.
I think he’s a chess piece. He’ll play snaps at LB and at S. Just move him around and take advantage of the versatility. But yea I see him playing the LB role in subs most often.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:16 PM 03-27-2020
It can happen when you are shitty.
Yeah, drafting is harder for my team since THE CHIEFS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS.

Man, that never gets old.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 05:16 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, drafting is harder for my team since THE CHIEFS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS.

Man, that never gets old.
Amen to that.
[Reply]
Hoover 05:22 PM 03-27-2020
The Miami Dolphins select Cam Akers, RB, Florida State
[Reply]
Chief Northman 05:37 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
The Miami Dolphins select Cam Akers, RB, Florida State
Nice!

He stays in-state And might end up being the best running back of this class...
[Reply]
Hoover 06:43 PM 03-27-2020
Nice!

He stays in-state And might end up being the best running back of this class...
Agree.

I laugh at all these mocks showing the Dolphins taking a running back in the 1st or 2nd rounds. It's lazy and just stupid. They are so loaded with draft picks its crazy. Just look at their draft thus far.

Burrow - QB
Chaisson - Edge
Jones - OT
Dugger - S
Crushenberry - OC
Akers - RB

I doubt it falls this way but you add their FA signings and you have a damn good unit that's young and under contract for the next 3-4 seasons. I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't get a better OT, but I like Jones and the top 4 guys went off the board before pick 18.

I really wanted Delpit at Safety, but the plan was to see who called to them in the 2nd round. Just too much talent at the position in my opinion to pass on Jones when you can get a player like Dugger later in round two.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:42 PM 03-27-2020
I wish the Chiefs didn’t have so many other needs and few picks because I’d love Akers in the 2nd.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:51 PM 03-27-2020
I assume you guys have been doing this years and I know it’s for fun-ish, but out of curiosity how often do nail the pick dead on , especially the Chief picks.

I like your picks so far rainman, position wise anyways I don’t watch college ball so don’t know the kids enough.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:22 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I assume you guys have been doing this years and I know it’s for fun-ish, but out of curiosity how often do nail the pick dead on , especially the Chief picks.

I like your picks so far rainman, position wise anyways I don’t watch college ball so don’t know the kids enough.
I've only done it a few times, but I think there's so much variability that it would be rare to nail a pick outside maybe the first five to ten picks. But maybe it happens.
[Reply]
kc rush 08:05 AM 03-28-2020

I don't follow college ball that closely either. I enjoy seeing who these guys pick and why.

Most come back and do a post draft analysis on how they did. How close their pick was to the actual pick. An "I picked him at 12 and he went at 10" type of thing.
[Reply]
Chargem 08:17 AM 03-28-2020

Nailing the picks is pretty hard after the top 10, because there are always guys that go much higher or much lower than expected every year so the pick Burt Veach will have to make won't be from the exact same pool of players that Rainman had to choose from.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:03 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Nailing the picks is pretty hard after the top 10, because there are always guys that go much higher or much lower than expected every year so the pick Burt Veach will have to make won't be from the exact same pool of players that Rainman had to choose from.
I think the real use for this exercise is to better understand teams, their needs, and the players. While this is entertaining, especially in times like this, its also an incredible way to prepare for the draft it self. I'm not a huge college football watcher as I stick mostly to the Big 10, and after I started doing this watching the drafts with my buddies is crazy. Their like how do you know that dude? I just say I take this shit seriously. But usually is someone here drafting a guy I think goes way too early but they were right. LOL
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:06 PM 03-27-2020
The Chargers select Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 57
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up