ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Single Men Own Cat(s)?
Radar Chief 02:45 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Sightings in Kansas are becoming quite common. My wife swears that she had a mountain lion run across the road about 1/4 mile from our house. There's a heavily wooded creek in the area and a ton of deer, but I don't trust her eyes enough that I believe her 100%.
They've been in the area for a while.
It was in the mid 90's (94-95 I think) when I was returning from Grand Lake and saw a road kill mountain lion laying on the side of the road just north of Vinita, OK. Then in the early 2000's I was road testing some antennas just north of Altoona, KS when one crossed Highway 75 right behind my car. It walked out to the middle of the road, looked both ways then sauntered off into the woods. I've seen deer crossing in the exact same spot several times so I assumed it was following their trail.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:54 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
It was in the mid 90's (94-95 I think) when I was returning from Grand Lake and saw a road kill mountain lion laying on the side of the road just north of Vinita, OK. Then in the early 2000's I was road testing some antennas just north of Altoona, KS when one crossed Highway 75 right behind my car. It walked out to the middle of the road, looked both ways then sauntered off into the woods. I've seen deer crossing in the exact same spot several times so I assumed it was following their trail.
Yeah, with my wife supposedly seeing a mountain lion so close to our house, I guess I'll start taking my Glock with me when I let my dogs outside after dark. I've already killed two coyotes this year that were prowling the creek just across the street from our house. They killed one of our neighbors Schnauzers which has all the Karen's in the neighborhood all up in arms about "what are we going to do about the coyotes" and "I don't feel safe letting my kids play outside." We had an HOA meeting and you would have thought the coyote purge had been approved and we were living in the coyote apocoloypse. My neighbor who is an officer with ICE told them we would have a few night shoots with infrared to kill off a few of them, but it won't do much. The coyotes will just have more puppies to make up for the losses.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:05 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Yeah, with my wife supposedly seeing a mountain lion so close to our house, I guess I'll start taking my Glock with me when I let my dogs outside after dark. I've already killed two coyotes this year that were prowling the creek just across the street from our house. They killed one of our neighbors Schnauzers which has all the Karen's in the neighborhood all up in arms about "what are we going to do about the coyotes" and "I don't feel safe letting my kids play outside." We had an HOA meeting and you would have thought the coyote purge had been approved and we were living in the coyote apocoloypse. My neighbor who is an officer with ICE told them we would have a few night shoots with infrared to kill off a few of them, but it won't do much. The coyotes will just have more puppies to make up for the losses.
Coyote-pocoloypse. :-)
Keeping a Glock handy sounds like a good plan though.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:02 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Could've sworn I saw road kill mountain lion a couple of weeks ago driving back from Iowa. It was definitely some sort of big cat. Could've been a bobcat I guess? I wanted to double back but the Mrs didn't give a shit about "some dead animal" on the side of the road so that was that.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:03 PM 03-28-2023
Men shouldn't give a fuck about others opinions do as you like
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:17 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Could've sworn I saw road kill mountain lion a couple of weeks ago driving back from Iowa. It was definitely some sort of big cat. Could've been a bobcat I guess? I wanted to double back but the Mrs didn't give a shit about "some dead animal" on the side of the road so that was that.
There's a pretty significant difference between a bobcat and a mountain lion. I mean, if it COULD have been a bobcat, it probably was. :-)

Unless of course it was mangled so bad from being hit that it was in pieces. :-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:43 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's a pretty significant difference between a bobcat and a mountain lion. I mean, if it COULD have been a bobcat, it probably was. :-)

Unless of course it was mangled so bad from being hit that it was in pieces. :-)
Definitely, but I was going 80 some odd miles per hour and just got the quickest of glances.
[Reply]
luv 03:24 PM 03-28-2023
There's no telling where I'm interjecting at in this conversation, but my two cents about single guys owning cats:

Most guys I know who aren't "cat people" are not so because they're the type of people who need the instant gratification that a dog provides. That said, guys who are cat people tend to lean towards the weird side. Nothing wrong with having a cat. They're cool as hell, and they're super easy to take care of, especially if you live in an apartment. But, if you're the type of person who is constantly posting pictures of your cat(s), then....something's just wrong.

I'm Facebook friends with a guy who was my older brother's friend when he was in high school, and I always had a crush on him. Now, he's a 50 year old man with a Lego collection, Star Wars collection, does cosplay, and posts about his two babies (black cats) all the time. He constantly complains about being alone or in the friend zone. I feel like I dodged a bullet there...lol.
[Reply]
chinaski 08:55 PM 03-28-2023
Nobody owns a cat, they own YOU. :-)
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 03:27 PM 03-29-2023
Should single beaver own men?
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:48 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by TimeForWasp:
Should single beaver own men?
It's a tale as old as time.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:06 AM 03-30-2023
Since were sort of on the subject: "nope" award candidate.

If you're at work turn your speakers up to 11, your coworkers will love this.

[Reply]
DenverChief 08:26 AM 03-30-2023
CP pretty much summed up my response on the first page.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:22 PM 03-30-2023
I find it a sign of our good fortune as fans that these threads now appear in the last days of March rather than in the last days of January between the AFC Championship and the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Up