« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221222223229269 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:05 PM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Dude he had like 2 yards of horizontal separation which the DB could easily close while the ball was in the air. Mahomes would have to back shoulder that throw to an undersized WR for that to not get tipped or picked.
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That 'window' for a back-shoulder pass is going to get impossibly small. The DB isn't out of phase with him and that's a really easy play to cut under. Moreover, Moore is small. His catch radius on a back-shoulder play is tiny.
Yeah....that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:06 PM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Pause it at the 4 second mark in the clip. They switch it, his defender isn't in phase and is facing in with, 3 yards in between.

I mean.....am I taking crazy pills?
A little bit, yeah.

Moore doesn't pull away at all and the DB turns right with him (because again, athletically limited). That throw doesn't have to simply be good - it has to be perfect. It also has to be anticipated and thrown in about a .1 of a second window. And then maybe he brings it in; because he's still gonna be trying to toe-tap that at the sideline as the DB comes through him.

Nah, I don't let it go. Not to that WR.

Because again, small, lousy lateral agility, lousy vertical. He's quick for 4 strides and then runs out of dick. I don't understand what the team saw in him at all.

I CERTAINLY don't understand what the 'best WR in the draft' crowd thought THEY saw...
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:06 PM 09-11-2023

I mean.....am I taking crazy pills?
Knowing you? Probably.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:07 PM 09-11-2023
According to Simms our WR's had trouble separating. Specifically pointed at Moore. Says Toney is the only one that could create separation lined up 1v1.

Toney off his game + No Kelce = deep doodoo as per Simms.

What I've been saying for a while now, sheesh!

Actually, last season DJ tipped us to the fact that Skyy doesn't show much burst. He's just not going to out-accelerate too many people to the ball. I have no idea how that's possible when you run 4.4sec, but the tape doesn't lie.

Rice, I don't know yet. But he showed some nice feel for zone, so that's positive.

Ross, doesn't separate vs. man against quality DBs.

Bottom line, vs. good defenses, the WRs will go as Toney goes.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:10 PM 09-11-2023
I’ve only seen a couple plays on 40+ drop backs but many have claimed Pat was missing open guys all night. If true, that actually makes me feel better. We’ve been here before with Mahomes and he’s always corrected the issue.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:12 PM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I’ve only seen a couple plays on 40+ drop backs but many have claimed Pat was missing open guys all night. If true, that actually makes me feel better. We’ve been here before with Mahomes and he’s always corrected the issue.
Ive only made it through about 1.5 qtrs of All-22.

I didn't see much there. Mahomes seemed to have been making salad out of shit for the most part.

But to be fair, i felt like he was doing a lot of that last year too. If you watched a lot of the All-22 from last season, guys weren't exactly running free last year either.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:15 PM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Bottom line, vs. good defenses, the WRs will go as Toney goes.
Kelce will be the great equalizer. I think.

I'll have to rewatch, but i swear, on that last Toney drop, i thought Toney had done an excellent job of adjusting his route to the zone.

Toney seems to be the guy who's both dynamic enough and intelligent enough to be a legitimate threat every week.

But of course, it still boils down to if he can stay healthy.
[Reply]
O.city 03:15 PM 09-11-2023
Dude he had like 2 yards of horizontal separation which the DB could easily close while the ball was in the air. Mahomes would have to back shoulder that throw to an undersized WR for that to not get tipped or picked.
He's got teh whole sideline and the defender has his head turned to find Moore.

You guys are wrong here.
[Reply]
O.city 03:16 PM 09-11-2023

I'll have to rewatch, but i swear, on that last Toney drop, i thought Toney had done an excellent job of adjusting his route to the zone.

Toney seems to be the guy who's both dynamic enough and intelligent enough to bet a legitimate threat every week.

Yeah, dude was open alot. I'm not worried about him.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:17 PM 09-11-2023

You guys are wrong here.
Nah.

I mean, we're rarely wrong. Especially when its both of us seeing the same thing.

I think you'll just need to re-adjust your opinion my guy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:17 PM 09-11-2023

Toney seems to be the guy who's both dynamic enough and intelligent enough to bet a legitimate threat every week.

Yes, Toney was routinely speeding/slowing into zones.

He does the 'receiver shit' that separates the wheat from the chaff. He knows what he's doing out there and he's obviously incredibly athletic.

He just has to catch the damn ball.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:18 PM 09-11-2023
Ive only made it through about 1.5 qtrs of All-22.

I didn't see much there. Mahomes seemed to have been making salad out of shit for the most part.

But to be fair, i felt like he was doing a lot of that last year too. If you watched a lot of the All-22 from last season, guys weren't exactly running free last year either.

when I watched the A-22 the other night, most (possibly all) of the instances when we had guys running open deep (15+ yards) down the field were in the 2nd half.

I would give that a +/- 1 fudge factor, as it was Saturday night, and I'd had a couple Scotches by then.

One of them I felt was iffy, because it wasn't an easy throw and Pat would've had to throw a nearly perfect pass, both in terms of ball placement but also arc over a defender. Anyway, I counted 5, maybe 6 times.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:23 PM 09-11-2023

You guys are wrong here.
I think your argument is "if you see the DBs nameplate and your target is in man coverage with his head turned, he's open.."

I just don't buy it here and you have to freeze frame to see why - the DB is looking at Moore and seems to have him clearly picked up when Mahomes comes off him.

Now as Mahomes is coming off, the DB weirdly turns the wrong way to create a little space that wasn't there as Mahomes goes onto his next read.

But I don't blame Mahomes at all for coming off that read when he did. It LOOKS from a read standpoint like the DBs correctly switched off and the boundary should be fairly well closed off. You don't have time to stand and watch to see if it plays out that way.

The DB defended it as a vert rather than a fade and created some space, but that wasn't want Mahomes saw. He saw the switch executed, the DB pick up Moore and a boundary that was going to close off quickly.

Hell, a worse QB maybe tries that throw because he locks onto the read and hopes it opens up for him. But Mahomes doesn't do that. He's going to process and move on. And the decision he made, when he made it, makes perfect sense.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:35 PM 09-11-2023

Toney seems to be the guy who's both dynamic enough and intelligent enough to be a legitimate threat every week.

Did you watch JT's QB School tape on the game? Good stuff. And it's just the passing reps, so you don't have to skip through all the rushing/ST plays.

Anyway, JT shows that Toney actually takes his eyes off Pat for a second to check on the DB directly across from him about 10 yards away, and Pat throws the ball before Toney gets his eyes back to Pat.

I think that's why he drops that ball.

He turns his head back to Pat, who no longer has the ball, and he has to find it; in that short bit of time it takes to locate the ball in flight, it's already on him, and slightly behind him (which I think is Toney drifting too far because he hasn't found the ball yet), and he gets his hands up a fraction of a second late, and he has to twist around to boot.

I mean, you want to check on the DB, but I think Toney could've checked on him out of the corner of his eye, keeping his eyes on Pat when he threw it, and he would've caught that one easily.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:40 PM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Did you watch JT's QB School tape on the game? Good stuff. And it's just the passing reps, so you don't have to skip through all the rushing/ST plays.

Anyway, JT shows that Toney actually takes his eyes off Pat for a second to check on the DB directly across from him about 10 yards away, and Pat throws the ball before Toney gets his eyes back to Pat.

I think that's why he drops that ball.

He turns his head back to Pat, who no longer has the ball, and he has to find it; in that short bit of time it takes to locate the ball in flight, it's already on him, and slightly behind him (which I think is Toney drifting too far because he hasn't found the ball yet), and he gets his hands up a fraction of a second late, and he has to twist around to boot.

I mean, you want to check on the DB, but I think Toney could've checked on him out of the corner of his eye, keeping his eyes on Pat when he threw it, and he would've caught that one easily.
Nah i'll have to check it out.
[Reply]
Page 219 of 280
« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221222223229269 > Last »
Up