View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 219 of 343
« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221222223229269319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:39 AM 10-18-2022
Look at the blocking assignments here - McKinnon is clearly intended to chip Miller's outside shoulder and Wylie is protecting that direction. Smith is looking RIGHT AT Miller - he's clearly supposed to be getting over there. And just like the interception, he just...doesn't.

Wylie is obviously expecting inside help there and it's just late arriving. It's happening way too frequently with Smith. Especially since he's also getting beat with bull rushes. He's not been as bad as Wylie has been the last few weeks, but he's been worse than Brown.

And folks wanna make our interior line WORSE by sliding Thuney out to Tackle? There's no way we can get away with that. Smith isn't getting the job done inside as it is.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:40 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Well, he's been hurt and a pectoral strain can be pretty debilitating for an offensive lineman. I wonder how much of it is that? And maybe some of it is playing next to a flaming sack of dog shit.
Sorry, but if you're looking for work, you'll find it.

He and Wylie worked just fine together last season. One of the most fun plays of the year was Smith and Wylie blowing the shit out of Maxx Crosby on a play that would've looked just like that sack had Smith gotten his ass out of his stance and gotten over where he was supposed to be.

He's gotta be part of the solution and right now he isn't - he's exacerbating the problem.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:43 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sorry, but if you're looking for work, you'll find it.

He and Wylie worked just fine together last season. One of the most fun plays of the year was Smith and Wylie blowing the shit out of Maxx Crosby on a play that would've looked just like that sack had Smith gotten his ass out of his stance and gotten over where he was supposed to be.

He's gotta be part of the solution and right now he isn't - he's exacerbating the problem.
There's a reason I brought up the pec injury first and not Wylie - the exact reason you brought up in fact. It's not like they haven't worked together before and actually played well.

I really think Smith is just hurt. There's no way he just forgot what he's doing out there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:44 AM 10-18-2022
Look at the blocking assignments here - McKinnon is clearly intended to chip Miller's outside shoulder and Wylie is protecting that direction. Smith is looking RIGHT AT Miller - he's clearly supposed to be getting over there. And just like the interception, he just...doesn't.

Wylie is obviously expecting inside help there and it's just late arriving. It's happening way too frequently with Smith. Especially since he's also getting beat with bull rushes. He's not been as bad as Wylie has been the last few weeks, but he's been worse than Brown.

And folks wanna make our interior line WORSE by sliding Thuney out to Tackle? There's no way we can get away with that. Smith isn't getting the job done inside as it is.
Yeah, moving Thuney is a terrible idea.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:46 AM 10-18-2022
There's a reason I brought up the pec injury first and not Wylie - the exact reason you brought up in fact. It's not like they haven't worked together before and actually played well.

I really think Smith is just hurt. There's no way he just forgot what he's doing out there.
But how's a pec injury keep him from just getting in Miller's way?

The bull rush that caused the interception? Okay, I can buy that. He can't get a punch so it's hard to separate and re-set. Cool.

But that sack and the interception in the 4th quarter were both instances where Smith just flat didn't react. He let a guy blow by him while he was blocking air.

Maybe it's missed practice time? But man, we can't have that. We have OTs who aren't going to win with athleticism so they're gonna have to protect the arc. And that's going to open them up inside. The Gs HAVE to be able to help there. Thuney's doing a great job - Smith isn't.

Some of the heat Wylie is getting (including that sack) are rightly on Trey Smith. That blocking scheme seems really obvious to me - they fully intended a combo block on Miller that just didn't happen. Wylie gets that Sack on his record, but it's Smith that had the easiest opportunity to smother that one in the crib.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:49 AM 10-18-2022

The bull rush that caused the interception? Okay, I can buy that. He can't get a punch so it's hard to separate and re-set. Cool.

But that sack and the interception in the 4th quarter were both instances where Smith just flat didn't react. He let a guy blow by him while he was blocking air.

Maybe it's missed practice time? But man, we can't have that. We have OTs who aren't going to win with athleticism so they're gonna have to protect the arc. And that's going to open them up inside. The Gs HAVE to be able to help there. Thuney's doing a great job - Smith isn't.

Some of the heat Wylie is getting (including that sack) are rightly on Trey Smith. That blocking scheme seems really obvious to me - they fully intended a combo block on Miller that just didn't happen. Wylie gets that Sack on his record, but it's Smith that had the easiest opportunity to smother that one in the crib.
Maybe he's overcompensating for the injury with his drop or something? I don't know. I just know we've seen enough from him to know he's not THIS bad.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:49 AM 10-18-2022

There is no doubt in my mind that Trey Smith is hurt. He went from being a beast in '21 to looking like something is drastically wrong with his game - it's gotta be an injury, IMO.
[Reply]
-King- 10:49 AM 10-18-2022

Overthinking? Last year he would demolish people who would try to go back inside when he was freed up. Now he's slow to recognize stuff and react. He has the physically so it can't be that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:49 AM 10-18-2022
Huh? 7 pressures is awful. A 16% pressure rate by your LT is awful. All but the worst teams and OLs in football typically surrender pressure on 30 to 40 percent of passing snaps. That's EVERYBODY on the team. Just your LT surrending on 16% isn't sustainable.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:50 AM 10-18-2022

Trey's dealing with an ankle injury too due to the shitty Arizona Cardinals turf
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:51 AM 10-18-2022
Maybe he's overcompensating for the injury with his drop or something? I don't know. I just know we've seen enough from him to know he's not THIS bad.
I'm honestly afraid to start watching him more closely.

I REALLY like Trey Smith. Cool story, nasty player, great power and potential. I mean there's a Brian Waters career waiting to happen here.

I don't want that spoiled for me. Because I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna like what I see if I spend a game focusing on him. Something is horribly amiss here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:51 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Trey's dealing with an ankle injury too due to the shitty Arizona Cardinals turf
Oh yeah, forgot about that.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:54 AM 10-18-2022
Oh yeah, forgot about that.
He was compensating due that injury which caused said problem.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:55 AM 10-18-2022
Probably has something to do with it. NFLPA needs to stamp that shit out. There have been entire seasons derailed thanks to one game on bad turf. The 9ers getting rekt by MetLife recently comes to mind.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:57 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
That is the play where I thought Pat could have gotten a first down running because that whole left side is wide open.
[Reply]
Page 219 of 343
« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221222223229269319 > Last »
Up