Page 218 of 275
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****
Dante84 04:30 PM 04-24-2024
Version 2024 - PATRICK MAHOMES & THE HUNT FOR THE THREEPEAT

Let's ****ing do this.

Originally Posted by :
Rules for once the draft begins:
  1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").
  2. Don't be a dick.
Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting player threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. These separate threads will be made as soon as the news breaks, outside of this thread. I will link the threads below. Pure knee-jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here are our picks:

Round 1, #28: Xavier Worthy
Round 2, #63: Kingsley Suamataia
Round 4, #131: Jared Wiley
Round 4, #133: Jaden Hicks
Round 5, #159: Hunter Nourzad
Round 6, #211: Kamal Hadden
Round 7, #248: C.J. Hanson

Here is a list of the prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year.

View the 2023 Draft thread here
View the 2022 Draft thread here
View the 2021 Draft thread here
View the 2020 Draft thread here
View the 2019 Draft thread here
View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:43 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Because blue chip LTs don’t make it where KC drafts. Instead they have to draft developmental LTs and hope they pan out while plugging in stop gaps.
Agreed.

I don’t think the 2nd round is the place for it though.

If you wanna throw things at the wall and see if it sticks, do it on day three.

Again, I’m a believe in Veach guy, so I’m gonna hope I’m overreacting. But in this draft our R2 was damn valuable and we took a project, even according to the expert that someone mentioned earlier.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:43 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by 493rd:
It’s kinda obvious if you connect the dots. Guess you didn’t listen to Bills GM Brandon Beane’s post presser explaining why he traded with us? They didn’t care who we took which means they didn’t covet Xavier Worthy. And I’d bet the same is true with SF.
Connect the dots? Seriously? I could care less what Beane or Lynch say or do. I trust the GM of the most dominant football team of this era more than their talking points. You, I, and everyone else has zero clue what’s going on behind the scenes, so ultimately you are just speculating.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:43 PM 04-26-2024
It’s got nothing to do with being miserable you idiot. I’m questioning whether we needed to give up picks to draft the players we did. That’s called objective analysis which is obviously beyond your simple mind.
No, it's you being ridiculous. They wanted Worthy and Kingsley, and they probably aren't there if they don't swap picks. Swap is all we did, we moved down the board. Veach has a good track record in later rounds and those guys with our current roster are a stretch to make the 53 anyway. It's really not difficult to grasp.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:43 PM 04-26-2024
For QB, yes, I agree. For a WR or project OT though? Why is it blasphemy to say that Veach likely reached? Newsflash - Veach also drafted Skyy Moore and Breeland Speaks.
A player that was mocked to them in the first is a reach at the second to last pick in the second?

Do you hear yourself?
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 07:44 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Dude...you moved up one spot, gave up position...to take the 11th tackle by the end of the 2nd round! And that was after moving up and giving up almost a full round of position for...John Ross Jr?

wtf??
I can tell the scars haven't healed yet :-) everyone knew at the time Ross was mostly just a combine freak
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:44 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
A player that was mocked to them in the first is a reach at the second to last pick in the second?

Do you hear yourself?
but we moved down in the 6th you retard....:-)
[Reply]
Womble 07:45 PM 04-26-2024
Get these commie fucks off the stage and give them a wash.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:45 PM 04-26-2024
Dude...you moved up one spot, gave up position...to take the 11th tackle by the end of the 2nd round! And that was after moving up and giving up almost a full round of position for...John Ross Jr?

wtf??
Yeah but being practically in Kentucky means you fuck your brother.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:46 PM 04-26-2024

wtf??
Lolz

You're reaching so hard

:-)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:46 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Do you hear yourself?
I’m not nearly as plugged in as DJ or Chris Meck, but I never saw him mocked to us in the first, where did this happen?
[Reply]
RunKC 07:46 PM 04-26-2024
Did not think that Troy Franklin would fall to rd 3
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:46 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Agreed.

Again, I’m a believe in Veach guy, so I’m gonna hope I’m overreacting. But in this draft our R2 was damn valuable and we took a project, even according to the expert that someone mentioned earlier.
I don’t think you can say you believe in Veach and then question the value of this pick. This guy is going lower than many expected.

They wanted a tackle. They tried to trade up in the first. They had a top-30 visit with this guy pre-draft so were intrigued from the start. They didn’t panic.

You make it seem like a guy like him is the same project as someone they’d pick in round 6. That’s absurd.
[Reply]
Delano 07:47 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Agreed.

Go ahead and list the guys who would impact the next five plus years of a dynasty more than a starting LT please.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:47 PM 04-26-2024
Just announce the draft pick.
[Reply]
493rd 07:47 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Now this is a good argument thank you this makes sense
Well I agree but if the Chiefs really were that concerned about OT wouldn’t they have traded up in the 1st? And for those who say it wasn’t possible I’d point out that the Buffalo Bills traded with us so surely there were opportunities. I was happy with Worthy I just didn’t feel that we needed to trade up to get him. But I’m not Veach and in no way connected to the league like every front office. I’m merely pointing out what others might consider to be obvious.
[Reply]
Page 218 of 275
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268 > Last »
Up