View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 218 of 343
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268318 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
O.city 09:20 AM 10-18-2022
I'm calling BS on that 7 number for OBJ.

Maybe I'm just blind, but from 211 he looked like he played a fine football game.
[Reply]
TEX 09:28 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's not good enough to play RIGHT tackle in this offense.
You're probably right. Teams would just line up fast guys on his side.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:32 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm calling BS on that 7 number for OBJ.

Maybe I'm just blind, but from 211 he looked like he played a fine football game.
I think it was 6 hurries and a hit.

And a 'hurry' is pretty tough to define.

Wylie was a problem, but Brown was fine.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:42 AM 10-18-2022
First half protection was good. Wylie fell apart as the game went on.
[Reply]
crispystl 09:44 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
This was one of those plays where we were talking about how no one gets open right? Look at McKinnon and JuJu.
Yeah damn Mckinnon would made something decent out of that for sure.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:44 AM 10-18-2022
Replace Wylie and they'll just move guys like Miller over OBJ.

He wasn't "fine" he was just the beneficiary of having Wylie at RT as the token guy to pick on.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 10-18-2022
Replace Wylie and they'll just move guys like Miller over OBJ.

He wasn't "fine" he was just the beneficiary of having Wylie at RT as the token guy to pick on.
This just feels like Brandon Albert territory again.

Brown has always played an ugly game. He always WILL play an ugly game. Like Albert back in the day, he has a long track record of effective tackle play, even if there's nothing aesthetically pleasing about it.

That's the kind of game Brown played on Sunday, even when matched up against Miller. If the Bills moved Miller over top of Wylie it was because he wasn't having the success they hoped for against Brown. Because you're always better off if your best can beat their best and then you can use the 'lesser' lights to harass the other side.

I just think people see plays like that linked one above and because Brown didn't catch Miller and ride him all the way around, they want to say he's bad. But that's not how Brown plays - he's not that kind of guy. What he does is what he did there and yes, he did his job on that rep.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:57 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This just feels like Brandon Albert territory again.

Brown has always played an ugly game. He always WILL play an ugly game. Like Albert back in the day, he has a long track record of effective tackle play, even if there's nothing aesthetically pleasing about it.

That's the kind of game Brown played on Sunday, even when matched up against Miller. If the Bills moved Miller over top of Wylie it was because he wasn't having the success they hoped for against Brown. Because you're always better off if your best can beat their best and then you can use the 'lesser' lights to harass the other side.

I just think people see plays like that linked one above and because Brown didn't catch Miller and ride him all the way around, they want to say he's bad. But that's not how Brown plays - he's not that kind of guy. What he does is what he did there and yes, he did his job on that rep.
He did his job on that rep. But overall, he did his job on fewer plays than he failed.

And they put Miller over Wylie because they saw what Crosby did to him with the inside spin move. They even said as much after the game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:00 AM 10-18-2022
He did his job on that rep. But overall, he did his job on fewer plays than he failed.

And they put Miller over Wylie because they saw what Crosby did to him with the inside spin move. They even said as much after the game.
Not even close.

53 pass blocking snaps last Sunday - at most 7 pressures (and I think a couple of those were on PM, but I digress).

That's 6 to 1 success to fail, fellas. He did his job a LOT on Sunday. Far far FAR more often than he didn't. But because it's ugly, nobody wants to acknowledge when he just goes out there with a yeoman's effort and fights a play to a draw. And yes, that's his job.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:13 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
I don't think OBJ does a bad job on that play. Mahomes is in the gun and then drops back another 5-6 yards. Typically if an OT pushes their defender 9-10 yards beyond the LOS the QB has a nice pocket. It's on Wylie for doing a poor job on the stunt and allowing the inside pressure.
Mahomes always does this stuff too, so it's really hard to be a good tackle with him. He's not a pocket passer and never will be. He moves around to create angles for windows to throw to. Id love to see more bootlegs with Mahomes as it could neutralize certain great pass rushers.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:27 AM 10-18-2022
Not even close.

53 pass blocking snaps last Sunday - at most 7 pressures (and I think a couple of those were on PM, but I digress).

That's 6 to 1 success to fail, fellas. He did his job a LOT on Sunday. Far far FAR more often than he didn't. But because it's ugly, nobody wants to acknowledge when he just goes out there with a yeoman's effort and fights a play to a draw. And yes, that's his job.
That’s what I saw. I remember watching in the first half and thought that he did an excellent job.

Rousseau couldn’t beat him and he (mostly) contained Von Miller.

He’s had passable games multiple weeks in a row
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s what I saw. I remember watching in the first half and thought that he did an excellent job.

Rousseau couldn’t beat him and he (mostly) contained Von Miller.

He’s had passable games multiple weeks in a row
They're not paying him to be "passable" though. He's getting paid the average of the top 5 LT's in the league and it's all guaranteed.

I just don't see any way they can let this continue, at least not at BOTH tackle positions. Maybe Brown is good enough to finish the season but after that, they have to make a decision because he's not good enough.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:33 AM 10-18-2022
Man - at what point do we talk about Trey Smith?

I'm watching more and more of the replay now and...phew. He's just not looking good. He's getting beat with raw power and rarely seems to pick up stunts/delays like he should. He had more major misses last week than Brown did, for sure. That last interception was very much on his shoulders. The interception in the end zone was a result of him just getting blown into the middle and wiping out the pocket.

Look at Von Miller's sack in the 2nd quarter - Wylie gets outside on Miller and Miller comes inside - Smith blocks...nobody. He absolutely HAS to be there for that pickup. He's just not finding work and it's happening way too often. That group has to operate as a unit and right now, when Smith doesn't have anyone standing in front of him, he just kinda hovers. That's not good enough.

Trey Smith was pretty bad last week and that's now 3 or 4 games he's had like this.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 AM 10-18-2022
Man - at what point do we talk about Trey Smith?

I'm watching more and more of the replay now and...phew. He's just not looking good. He's getting beat with raw power and rarely seems to pick up stunts/delays like he should. He had more major misses last week than Brown did, for sure. That last interception was very much on his shoulders. The interception in the end zone was a result of him just getting blown into the middle and wiping out the pocket.

Trey Smith was pretty bad last week and that's now 3 or 4 games he's had like this.
Well, he's been hurt and a pectoral strain can be pretty debilitating for an offensive lineman. I wonder how much of it is that? And maybe some of it is playing next to a flaming sack of dog shit.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:35 AM 10-18-2022
Chiefs pass almost every play. You are going to get pressures just due to amount of passes that are thrown. NFL DE's are the most athletic beasts on the planet for most part. They got the size of lineman with the athletic ability of a WR or RB. Its also easy to pass rush when you know its coming.
[Reply]
Page 218 of 343
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268318 > Last »
Up