ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 217 of 270
« First < 117167207213214215216217 218219220221227267 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Balto 11:37 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, no chance. It would be idiotic to trade Jones to try and get a guy that might eventually be almost as good as Chris Jones. Or he could be a huge bust.
Jones could want Donald money and Veach doesn't wanna pay it? Example Tyreek and if they feel strong about Carter's talent maybe it makes it easier for him?
[Reply]
Balto 11:43 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It'd also be idiotic for another team to give up a high pick and the cheap years that come with that to pay Jones a bunch of money as he's turning 30.
Exactly why Veach could try to trade Jones as well. Maybe a team like the Cards with the cap space to pay Jones would rather have a guaranteed elite vet to anchor that new defense and are willing to give up that cap flexibility that they don't really need plus the risk of a rookie busting.

Cards get:
Jones
MVS
4th round pick

Chiefs get:
#3 pick
Hopkins

I'd rather keep Jones and pay him BUT Veach has history of not making players the highest paid at their position, Hill and OBJ, I think Veach could look at Jones the same depending on contract talks.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:44 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Exactly why Veach could try to trade Jones as well. Maybe a team like the Cards with the cap space to pay Jones would rather have a guaranteed elite vet to anchor that new defense and are willing to give up that cap flexibility that they don't really need plus the risk of a rookie busting.

Cards get:
Jones
MVS
4th round pick

Chiefs get:
#3 pick
Hopkins

I'd rather keep Jones and pay him BUT Veach has history of not making players the highest paid at their position, Hill and OBJ, I think Veach could look at Jones the same depending on contract talks.
I don't think Arizona would do that deal...
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:55 AM 04-18-2023
I don't know why Veach would want to
[Reply]
O.city 11:58 AM 04-18-2023
The Cardinals need to stockpile as many picks as possible, get as young as possible and rebuild. They don't want older contract players.

Honestly, they should ask teams how much of Dhops money they need to absorb to increase the pick they get back.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:03 PM 04-18-2023
Jones could want Donald money and Veach doesn't wanna pay it? Example Tyreek and if they feel strong about Carter's talent maybe it makes it easier for him?
Pretty sure Jones already said he wasn't looking for Donald money. And I don't think we can equate this hypothetical trade to the Tyreek trade.

Is this a late night BS idea? Not based in reality, just guessing what Jones might command?
[Reply]
Dante84 12:13 PM 04-18-2023

Cards get:
Jones
MVS
4th round pick

Chiefs get:
#3 pick
Hopkins

The only way I like that deal is if we *immediately* trade back to the middle of the first round and get 2 1sts and some change.

Edit - I actually don't like that deal at all.
[Reply]
Balto 12:28 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Pretty sure Jones already said he wasn't looking for Donald money. And I don't think we can equate this hypothetical trade to the Tyreek trade.

Is this a late night BS idea? Not based in reality, just guessing what Jones might command?
I don't remember seeing anything about Jones saying he wasn't looking for Donald money. Just that he wanted to be a Chief for life?

I think that tweet could mean that contract talks are not going well and Veach doesn't want to give him Donald type money.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:43 PM 04-18-2023

Cards get:
Jones
MVS
4th round pick

Chiefs get:
#3 pick
Hopkins

I think it's fantanstic that the Sunny Brook group home for wayward retards lets you guys get out of the helmets and on to the internet for a few hours a day. Maybe you should branch out and find new web sites to regail with your wisdom.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:09 PM 04-18-2023
I don't remember seeing anything about Jones saying he wasn't looking for Donald money. Just that he wanted to be a Chief for life?

I think that tweet could mean that contract talks are not going well and Veach doesn't want to give him Donald type money.
Sounds like you’re reaching. Chris already said he will only play for KC. He also said he wasn’t interested in donald money.

And Veach has made it clear that he wants to make sure Chris will be a chief. Veach has always planned on making Chris a good faith offer.

I think you’re just throwing shit against the wall.
[Reply]
Chief3188 01:13 PM 04-18-2023

Cards get:
Jones
MVS
4th round pick

Chiefs get:
#3 pick
Hopkins

I bet car salesmen love seeing you coming
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:19 PM 04-18-2023
Toney is in Texas!!

Look who made to DFW�� pic.twitter.com/cF0FGVxCBG

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) April 18, 2023

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:51 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Toney is in Texas!!

Nice to see him join the boys at Camp Mahomes.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:54 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Toney is in Texas!!

There's a whole thread about it
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:51 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Nice to see him join the boys at Camp Mahomes.
Q Johnston was there as well :-)
[Reply]
Page 217 of 270
« First < 117167207213214215216217 218219220221227267 > Last »
Up